I'm pretty sure I know which one. :mellow::ph34r:

Though that reminds me of a question I've been wanting to ask. Did Quota have a Rending, or is he not powerful enough to have experienced one?

I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think? Do you think Quota is powerful enough for that, or would he have had to make do with faking one? (Because if he didn't have a Rending, he would've gone on a rampage anyway just so no other Epic could say they did something he didn't--and so he could brag about remembering it. :mellow:

No, I haven't changed my mind about killing him. Don't worry.

I'm not entirely sure. What do you guys think? Do you think Quota is powerful enough for that, or would he have had to make do with faking one? (Because if he didn't have a Rending, he would've gone on a rampage anyway just so no other Epic could say they did something he didn't--and so he could brag about remembering it. :mellow:

My impulse is to say no, but since there's not much of an objective standard to measure him by, it's hard to tell. Either way he strikes me as the type who'd go on an immediate rampage upon receiving his powers. :mellow:

Can he affect multiple targets at once? Theoretically, could he affect an entire crowd a la the Lord Ruler?

He's certainly not weak enough that it'd be impossible but also probably not strong enough that it'd be a certainty, I think he could go either way so really just whatever works best for his backstory would be my vote.

My impulse is to say no, but since there's not much of an objective standard to measure him by, it's hard to tell. Either way he strikes me as the type who'd go on an immediate rampage upon receiving his powers. :mellow:

Can he affect multiple targets at once? Theoretically, could he affect an entire crowd a la the Lord Ruler?

He could affect those closest to him the strongest. However, if he chose to try and reach the entire crowd, his effect would be greatly diminished; i.e., rather than pushing everyone to suicidal despair, he would more make them all feel rather melancholy.

He's certainly not weak enough that it'd be impossible but also probably not strong enough that it'd be a certainty, I think he could go either way so really just whatever works best for his backstory would be my vote.

Probably a smallish one, then—though it wouldn't be out of character for him to keep going long after the initial effects wore off. In other words, he'd wake up and instead of saying "What happened—wait, did I kill people?" he'd be more "Woah—I killed people? Yeah! Who's up for Round 2?" :unsure:

Probably a smallish one, then—though it wouldn't be out of character for him to keep going long after the initial effects wore off. In other words, he'd wake up and instead of saying "What happened—wait, did I kill people?" he'd be more "Woah—I killed people? Yeah! Who's up for Round 2?" :unsure:

I read that in the voice of Diego from Ice Age. Dennis Leary is hereby prohibited from playing Quota in any live-action What Happened in Oregon production. :wacko:

I read that in the voice of Diego from Ice Age. Dennis Leary is hereby prohibited from playing Quota in any live-action What Happened in Oregon production. :wacko:

Is there an actor we really hate? Let's cast him as Quota. :P 

Only not Shia LeBeauf. He's not right for that part at all. I mean, he can pull off "wimpy kid with a magic transforming car," but "homicidal Epic who pushes people to suicidal despair while drinking lattes?" Can't see it.

Only not Shia LeBeauf. He's not right for that part at all. I mean, he can pull off "wimpy kid with a magic transforming car," but "homicidal Epic who pushes people to suicidal despair while drinking lattes?" Can't see it.

Are you sure about that?   :P

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Terrible Oregon casting:

• Shia LeBeauf as Quota
  • Will Ferrel as Lightwards
  • Ben Affleck as Nighthound
  • Kristen Stewart as Funtimes
  • Jonah Hill as Big Al

No offence to any individual actors or actresses, but I personally think any of those castings would be awful enough to awaken Nyarlathotep the Crawling Chaos to destroy the cosmos out of sheer disgust. :P

Edited by Kobold King

Terrible Oregon casting:

• Shia LeBeauf as Quota
  • Will Ferrel as Lightwards
  • Ben Affleck as Nighthound
  • Kristen Stewart as Funtimes
  • Jonah Hill as Big Al

No offence to any individual actors or actresses, but I personally think any of those castings would be awful enough to awaken Nyarlathotep the Crawling Chaos to destroy the cosmos out of sheer disgust. :P

Really, Kobold? Really? You take the most expressive Epic in Oregon and cast the only actress with two standard facial expressions? 

Just for that, I vote we cast Nicolas Cage as Aldo the Enigmatic. :P

Really, Kobold? Really? You take the most expressive Epic in Oregon and cast the only actress with two standard facial expressions? 

Just for that, I vote we cast Nicolas Cage as Aldo the Enigmatic. :P

Did I mention Robert Pattinson in a ginger wig as Nathan?

Nicholas Cage doesn't have enough eyebrow over both his eyes combined to play Aldo. :P

Nick Cage might be able to pull off a PP  :wacko:  Or it would be terrible and we'd all need several gallons of brain bleach.

Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce could work as Refill and Zip.
Neverthere I'm unsure of but possibly Melissa Rauch (Bernadette from the Big Bang Theory)

Nicholas Cage doesn't have enough eyebrow over both his eyes combined to play Aldo. :P

Don't make me put you back on the 'And then they died' list *stern glare*

Nick Cage might be able to pull off a PP  :wacko:  Or it would be terrible and we'd all need several gallons of brain bleach.

Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce could work as Refill and Zip.

Neverthere I'm unsure of but possibly Melissa Rauch (Bernadette from the Big Bang Theory)

Don't make me put you back on the 'And then they died' list *stern glare*

Now now. Who would make all your pony comics, if you put me on the "And then they died" list? :P

Melissa Rauch as Neverthere? ...I kind of see where you're coming from with that, but I just can't see it. I have a hard time thinking of any good actors for any Oregon characters. Bad ones are easy, but good fits are hard for me to come up with.

Wait.

If Pattinson (or, as Honest Trailers calls him, Shovel Face) is Nathan, with Stewart (Just Smelled Poop Face) as Funtimes, would that be a gender-reversal of their relationship in Twilight, with Stewart playing the homicidal love interest and Pattinson playing her vastly underpowered love interest?

And would Hollywood call it feminism? :wacko:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Now now. Who would make all your pony comics, if you put me on the "And then they died" list? :P

Melissa Rauch as Neverthere? ...I kind of see where you're coming from with that, but I just can't see it. I have a hard time thinking of any good actors for any Oregon characters. Bad ones are easy, but good fits are hard for me to come up with.

I might forgive you if I got a 'from the file of David Charleston' for one of my characters sometime soon... :P

Yeah she does the personality duality thing pretty well but I don't know how she'd do for the really creepy side of NT, I'm really struggling to think of people for characters, my minor characters are easier because I haven't fleshed them out very much but any of the bigger characters are hard to think of.

Wait.

If Pattinson (or, as Honest Trailers calls him, Shovel Face) is Nathan, with Stewart (Just Smelled Poop Face) as Funtimes, would that be a gender-reversal of their relationship in Twilight, with Stewart playing the homicidal love interest and Pattinson playing the love interest?

And would Hollywood call it feminism? :wacko:

Simple trick; in any relationship with a "dominant" or "progressive" woman as the female half, gender flip the couple. If the woman's constant put-downs or domineering personality become suddenly creepy from a smirking Nighthound, then the relationship probably wasn't half as healthy as Hollywood thought it was. :wacko:

I might forgive you if I got a 'from the file of David Charleston' for one of my characters sometime soon... :P

Yeah she does the personality duality thing pretty well but I don't know how she'd do for the really creepy side of NT, I'm really struggling to think of people for characters, my minor characters are easier because I haven't fleshed them out very much but any of the bigger characters are hard to think of.

Which one did you want? I still have Neverthere riding on the dinosaur. That could make a good file. (I don't dare do Metronome. I don't think I could do him justice. :P)

The only character I have that I actually had an actor in mind for is Vondra, with Stephen Lang as his Hollywood double. I simply can't imagine any of the others as a specific actor or actress. Even Vondra's begun to separate himself from Lang in my mind.

Since I couldn't get the idea of Shovel Face Robert Pattinson as Nathan and Just Smelled Poop Face Kristen Stewart as Funtimes out of my head, I decided to photoshop this picture:

twilight.jpg

Unfortunately, there were some issues. Namely: their facial expressions are all wrong, and I don't own Photoshop. But never fear! Google and the SSCS6000 are here to help! 

b051639bc1e940798f5fb6c11326038d.png

Sorry not sorry. :P

Which one did you want? I still have Neverthere riding on the dinosaur. That could make a good file. (I don't dare do Metronome. I don't think I could do him justice. :P)

The only character I have that I actually had an actor in mind for is Vondra, with Stephen Lang as his Hollywood double. I simply can't imagine any of the others as a specific actor or actress. Even Vondra's begun to separate himself from Lang in my mind.

I was thinking Neverthere, you're right no one could, which is unfortunately why he probably won't appear in the RP except possibly if we  ever do successfully destroy Oregon. He would rise from the ashes of Oregon to spread his awesome powers elsewhere across the world :P

Since I couldn't get the idea of Shovel Face Robert Pattinson as Nathan and Just Smelled Poop Face Kristen Stewart as Funtimes out of my head, I decided to photoshop this picture:

twilight.jpg

Unfortunately, there were some issues. Namely: their facial expressions are all wrong, and I don't own Photoshop. But never fear! Google and the SSCS6000 are here to help! 

b051639bc1e940798f5fb6c11326038d.png

Sorry not sorry. :P

Can't... stop... looking at it... augh.... :wacko::D

I was thinking Neverthere, you're right no one could, which is unfortunately why he probably won't appear in the RP except possibly if we  ever do successfully destroy Oregon. He would rise from the ashes of Oregon to spread his awesome powers elsewhere across the world :P

Neverthere it is.

I doubt David could ever have known about Metronome. How could he have idolized a pitiful man like Jonathan Phaedrus if he'd known METRONOME existed? :P

(Have you made an Adventurer pony yet?)

Neverthere it is.

I doubt David could ever have known about Metronome. How could he have idolized a pitiful man like Jonathan Phaedrus if he'd known METRONOME existed? :P

You're welcome. :P 

From the files of David Charleston: 

​Metronome was an Epic with a single power: the ability to always know what time it was. No name was ever given to this power. Apparently, his DNA is the reason why Reckoner clocks are always so accurate. If not for the motivator they made, no Reckoner could ever be fully certain if their clock was on the dot, or a second or two off. 

​At least, that's the rumor they spread. Tia said they didn't want him to feel bad. 

Neverthere it is.

They never would have bothered making any hits on Epics, they would have known it was only a matter of time until they all fell before the great Metronome! :P

I have not for some reason but shall endeavor to do so immediately.

You're welcome. :P

From the files of David Charleston: 

​Metronome was an Epic with a single power: the ability to always know what time it was. No name was ever given to this power. Apparently, his DNA is the reason why Reckoner clocks are always so accurate. If not for the motivator they made, no Reckoner could ever be fully certain if their clock was on the dot, or a second or two off. 

​At least, that's the rumor they spread. Tia said they didn't want him to feel bad. 

Side note: I actually have given his power the name of Chrono-perception which sounds way more awesome than it is :P