There is much Fridge Horror in my random thought. :o

Though if it justifies all of Voidus' random Epics....:P

You want Fridge Horror? Try to wrap your mind around whether or not Lightwards summons the souls of the people he resurrects. If he doesn't, then who or what is occupying Alice's body? If he is, then he's dragging souls straight out of the afterlife--potentially Heaven--and imprisoning them within their own bodies. :o

There is much Fridge Horror in my random thought. :o

Though if it justifies all of Voidus' random Epics.... :P

Yes, the random Epics must be allowed to continue! Or Metronomes wrath shall fall upon us all for denying him a place in the RP!

You want Fridge Horror? Try to wrap your mind around whether or not Lightwards summons the souls of the people he resurrects. If he doesn't, then who or what is occupying Alice's body? If he is, then he's dragging souls straight out of the afterlife--potentially Heaven--and imprisoning them within their own bodies. :o

O.o

o.O

O.O

I....

....I'm having a hard time thinking of anything worse than either option.

Yes, the random Epics must be allowed to continue! Or Metronomes wrath shall fall upon us all for denying him a place in the RP!

NO

THE RANDOM EPICS SHALL CONTINUE

ONLY SPARE US

SPARE US, MIGHTY METRONOME

O.o

o.O

O.O

I....

....I'm having a hard time thinking of anything worse than either option.

Yeah. That's what I thought too. :unsure: I realized the dilemma a while back when I was trying to figure out how necromancy should work in my original setting. No matter how you look at it, necromancy's an unsettling branch of magic.

On a brighter side, no more than ten minutes ago I had a sudden moment of clarity about Chicago Joe's weakness, while carrying a mulch bucket. So I have that going for me, which is nice. ^_^

Yeah. That's what I thought too. :unsure: I realized the dilemma a while back when I was trying to figure out how necromancy should work in my original setting. No matter how you look at it, necromancy's an unsettling branch of magic.

Not at all! My Lightwards headcannon follows the Necromancy system I developed for my books. Lightwards is sticking bits of his own Humanity inside the Zombies, that's why he can control them, since they are him, small parts of him. This also explains his corruption, since His reanimation is gifting his resurrection ability, he's actually growing corrupt from losing his own Humanity.

He's making Spiritual Hemalurgic spikes with his own soul, to power Alice's body.

Not at all! My Lightwards headcannon follows the Necromancy system I developed for my books. Lightwards is sticking bits of his own Humanity inside the Zombies, that's why he can control them, since they are him, small parts of him. This also explains his corruption, since His reanimation is gifting his resurrection ability, he's actually growing corrupt from losing his own Humanity.

He's making Spiritual Hemalurgic spikes with his own soul, to power Alice's body.

Woah.

That is an awesome theory. :D

So since Alice is regaining her personality, not Lightwards', could that be attributed to a Time Lord-like effect, where she gains a piece of his humanity but it manifests differently, since it's being implanted in a brain with different chemistry and different memories?

If you don't mind, I am officially adopting that as my headcanon. :D It makes a lot of sense. After all, I doubt Calamity has the ability to summon back souls once they leave the world; giving a man like Thomas Cardinal the ability to splinter his own soul, however, is perfectly within its abilities.

Woah.

That is an awesome theory. :D

So since Alice is regaining her personality, not Lightwards', could that be attributed to a Time Lord-like effect, where she gains a piece of his humanity but it manifests differently, since it's being implanted in a brain with different chemistry and different memories?

I think so. In my setting souls are shaped by matter and vice versa; so by that perspective, when Lightwards grants raw spirit--the raw essence of his humanity--to an individual's corpse, that spirit is shaped into an independent soul by its interaction with the physical aspect of the body's existence. Thus Alice regains her own personality and individuality, as do Wes, Numnums, and the other saurian Warriors.

To reiterate, Joe: this is an awesome way of looking at it. :D

I like this idea too, and not just because it features Hemalurgic spikes :P

Any chance of getting your pony Joe?

Nononono. I choose Joe's version. Commence brain wipe of Kobold's ideas. :P

Winter, how's that Smasher pony? I'm curious to see how it came out.

I don't have it anymore. Though I have hired Kobold to make me a new one in exchange for my Vote.

Still waiting for that Pony Kobold.

You try ponifying someone whom you can only visualize as a pair of red dice. It ain't no picnic in the rodeo park. :P

I've been getting depressingly behind on both my RP posts and my random jokes, curse you University for not having classes in Ponymaking101 or HowToKillNighthound  :angry:

So your philosophy classes got cancelled? :(

Muhahaha. I ninja'd you with my pony. :P

Where are yours, Joes, and Edgedancer's?

Don't worry, it was finished long before I got you to finally made yours.

1621a634d7feefde7b39e320ca8a4b11.png

I don't have the code though. :unsure:

Edited by Edgedancer

Unrelated, but what say you fine people about namedropping a powerful High Epic called Bandersnatch ruling in Utah? :ph34r::P

We now know what his powers would be, changing the past... storming retcons...even if the change is for the better... and storm having to buy a new book if you want to actually read that new ending... :unsure:

We now know what his powers would be, changing the past... storming retcons...even if the change is for the better... and storm having to buy a new book if you want to actually read that new ending... :unsure:

...OK I'm confused. What retcon are you talking about?

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/23702-brandon-tweaking-words-of-radiance/

That one. Someone on the topic summarized the changes but that isn't the same as reading it yourself. I also know that this isn't really on topic for here but I just needed to get it out of my system.

Hmm. Thanks for the link. I'll take a look at it later.

In other news, I recreated the Voidus pony:

3a31a6a9c46f0519b5589e91f192bc73.png

I recreated yours too, Edgedancer, but only in the old creator so the mane's slightly different.

Hmm. Thanks for the link. I'll take a look at it later.

In other news, I recreated the Voidus pony:

3a31a6a9c46f0519b5589e91f192bc73.png

I recreated yours too, Edgedancer, but only in the old creator so the mane's slightly different.

:D

Love it.

I saw that. I don't like changing it now a lot, but it fits Kaladin better, IMO. Weiry posted in that thread with a list of all the changes, including that major one, so you can read it there.

I gave up on the Smasher pony until we have further info on the visuals.

His profile has a decent amount of information.

So you guys are saying that if I ever do get a copy of WoR from the library, it'll have the wrong ending? :huh:

Most of the revisions were merely the fixing of minor mistakes. Misspellings, typos and the like.

However... there's at least one change that's a little bit more major. It doesn't change the outcome of the book, but it does slightly change the way a certain event unfolded.

It's... hard to explain with any more detail than that without spoiling the book. :mellow: