The Games had begun in earnest, bringing with them the frenzied enthusiasm of the crowd as they watched on, eager for the spectacle of bloodshed and betrayal. Somewhere in the ruined city, however; the battles had started prematurely in a random abandoned building on a nondescript street way off out of the center of attention.

The blaring of the megaphone over the loud speakers drowned out the shattering sound of glass as Keira dove through the window, and her string of curses that followed rendered inaudible. Figgldygrak let out a roar of frustration that mixed with the din of the chaos in the hallway and the fading echo from the announcements, creating a deafening cacophony. The Spike Eyed One cried out in pain and their hands flew up to cover their ears and they fell to their knees, the loud noises seeming to affect them more than it normally should, so Figgldygrak took advantage and ran past them with a lithe speed that betrayed it's monstrous size.

Within a few seconds, Figgldygrak had made it to the window and hopped through without hesitation, it's giant size breaking through the rest of the window and it's frame. Splinters of wood and shards of glass rained down as It landed on it's feet on the ground below, leaving a modest sized crater and kicking up a large cloud of dust in the air, temporarily obscuring it's vision. The air settled in a few moments, but Figgldygrak just stared around confused, grunting in frustration at the lack of glowing footprints for it to follow.

It went to start dashing off in a random direction, charging headlong blindly, bellowing in rage, taking random twists and turns in the city, venturing deeper into the labyrinth of crisscrossed streets, foot-walks, and alleyways. Figgldygrak stumbled maladroitly around a corner, smashing into a random person, sending them sprawling to their feet.

Figgldkygrak stumbled for a second, but recovered before the jittery man whose eyes were bloodshot and had a strung out look to them. Figgldkygrak roared and raised it's fist but stopped as a voice suddenly cut through into his mind.

"GIBLETISH, STOP!" A vaguely familiar voice, speaking in a commanding tone. But Gibletish was not It's name.

"I AM FIGGLDYGRAK!" It roared back in defiance.

"Glibetlish, Grak, Gandalf, I don't care what you call yourself, but you're supposed to find allies, not kill everything you see. Now get to work, I have a lot of Space Cash riding on this game."

Figgldygrak let out another shout of frustration, "GRAK!" Then Figgldygrak dropped the terrified man it was still holding, and awkwardly lumbered away, disappearing back into the shadows of the city.

Cleo whispered something to the creator of the Games and giggled. Kae looked up at her.

"You did it?" He asked her, whispering,

"Yep!" Cleo smiled. "So, what now?"

"I suppose we should go and talk to some of the others in the clandestine meeting place Private Messages. It seems like that would be wise."

"Sounds good." Cleo highfived Kae. 

Bortholemew stopped at the edge of a balcony overlooking the main arena. Wearing a suit, complete with duster and a wide brimmed hat, he would not be surprised if the people in the arena mistook him for one of the fans. That might serve him well until he found allies.

Renegade and I are on team Rithmatic, and since that is probably a bigger alliance than anyone else has, I invite all and sundry who are on Team Rithmatics to come forward and join the cabal, which guarantees protection. We are also open to allying with another team, such as Epic (Panda) because he is only one to post faction. Other teams would be fine as well and I hope to get all but one team under the wing of the Chalk Gods, at which point we can all mercilessly slaughter anyone who refuses to accept our religion. A majority would be good as well. Join the Chark Side.

Ank heard the announcement that the game was starting and looked down in defeat. He had looked everywhere but their didn't seem to be anyway out of this place. 

Ank had fought and killed before. He had fought for nations, for revenge, for love but mostly for money. However this was not the same. They were just expected to kill each other for entertainment. The odd thing was that very few people even cared. Most of them just agreed that this is what they had to do, some even seemed excited by it.

I'm not going to be like them. There's still a chance something can be done. Their was someone else who didn't seem happy about this. The one with the dogs. Naran was it? Maybe he could help.

He set off in the direction he had seen Naran go and quickly found a set of dog prints and began following them. 

New One walked precariously through the rubble.  He looked down and saw a thing on the ground.  Maybe it's food!  He picked it up and put it in his mouth.  Turns out it wasn't food.  Darn.  

Could the Incorporeal please contact me, or if they have, please claim their role? I know this is quite a large and dangerous request, but we need you right now.

Um, Incorporeal isn't the Epic protection role.

​Why did you assume he claimed that?  Jain didn't say anything, just that the Incorporeal is needed, not that it was the protection role.

Edited by Tulir

Atreides Agamemnon had had enough.  From his satchel, he pulled a strange knife, steel on one side and silvery on the other.  He was very careful not to touch the blade; this knife was more powerful than a Shardblade.  In fact, it was so powerful that it could cut through worlds.  He carefully stabbed the air with the knife, then drew it downwards.  A strange rending fee—

Atreides Agamemnon had had enough.  From his satchel, he pulled absolutely nothing.  He shook his head in disbelief; where had it gone?  He searched around, but the object that Atreus's son looked for did not exist.  Suddenly, a ghostly figure appeared, clad in white.

"Agamemnon, I am the ghost of Lady Ostrisce Maleris Tekiel.  I am here to inform you that your possesion of the Shshsh Shshs created a distortion in the fabric of the universes.  Luckily, I reset time, and removed the offending object.  I am sorry, but that or no other method will allow you to leave this arena."

The ghost faded away, leaving nothing but an outline of Shsh.

Round Two:  A War of Words

“Al Vron here folks reporting live from the arena.

It looks like we have some maneuvring but no dying, yet.  The time for plots and plans has past.  Battle lines have been drawn and sides chosen.  Now it’s time for blood to spill.

And to help the blood flow, the good people at Forage's Foraged Goods have donated some of their fine foraged goods for the lottery.  Forage’s Foraged Goods for all your foraging needs.  An associate of Forger’s Forged Imports.

Looks like the contestants are ready, willing and bloodthirsty so let’s sit back and watch the action unfold.”

You may now start the slaughter.  Votes and Kill orders are now being accepted.

Round Two will last 48 hours.
Lottery prizes for this round are:

Jumper Cables:  These cables and portable battery can be used to protect someone from death by shocking them back to life.  However should the one protected not be attacked then they shall die instead.  Battery has one charge.
Reviver:  This handy device can bring back one player from Deaths Door.  In order for this device to work the player targeted must have died during the prior cycle.  Any longer than that and they would’ve passed through to the other side.
Flash Bang Grenade:  This one use grenade can be used to cancel the vote and action of one player.

Reminder:  Those that enter the lottery cannot take any other action.  Extra lives will also be disabled.
Edited by Alvron

Vya just stared at all the people milling around him, quietly whispering to each other, the din of whispering punctuated only by a handful of people yelling out where they were from.  "Well, this a very weird set of games," he said to no one in particular.  "I'm kind of hungry, too.  I wonder if the odds will ever be in my favor of finding something to eat around here?"

They will probably be the most powerful among us for a bit, but I think most of the people will try to kill all of them off.  that's one of the dangers of telling all the people what team you're on; it lets the majority know you aren't on their side.

Jumper Cables:  These cables and portable battery can be used to protect someone from death by shocking them back to life.  However should the one protected not be attacked then they shall die instead.  Battery has one charge.

Yes because we all know there's nothing more soothing than ten thousand volts through the chest.

Edited by Surgebound Rainspren