The cameras zoomed about the dilapidated city, catching all of the angles and dramatic scenes, as all of the Contestants entered the giant arena one by one. There were many crowd favorites and the betting sessions has been intense, with the odds fluctuating wildly as speculation and fervor began to grow.

But then one entered, and all fell silent.

A hulking mass of a man, standing a few heads taller than most, eclipsing the sun when he stood, stitched and sewn together out of misshapen, rough-hewn parts. A large head with a wild mane of shaggy black hair, that hid most of the facial features, except for a handful of jagged scars peeking out from the less shadowed areas, and cold, lifeless eyes that stared out of the depths. His left arm was massive and hung at his side, as if too heavy to keep it lifted, with the blue skin hanging in loose folds, getting tight and starting to rip, exposing the bloody red flesh up near the biceps. His right arm was the color of pale grey dead flesh, and was thin and nimble, with quick dexterous fingers. His torso was stout and wide, his chest and stomach exposed, revealing many more scars and countless stitches. It was wearing faded camo pants, both of his bare feet sticking out at the bottom, one of them a twisted, scaly claw.

The creature stepped forward and took in a deep breath.

"I AM FIGGLDYGRAK!!!!" It roared, breaking the silence.

-------------

Up in the Promoter's booth, Gambles gave a content smile. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you -- Figgldygrak! Just a reminder, wagers are only open for a little while longer. Place your bets!"

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Kae glanced over and sized up the competition.

"I hate him."

"We hate everyone." Cleo corrected. "Don't be Fiddlygak whatever ist. That would be immoral."

"Of course. Paraphrase Hoid to my face. After my personal failure to..."

"Personal failure smailure." Cleo shrugged. "What is past is past."

Agamemnon surveyed his competition.  He took particular note of the ugly Koloss and the Cleo-Kae duo; they would be problems (he'd have to watch out, though, as they could be from his home universe).  He also noted the Chromium Compounder.  He could take him out easily; two Spikes removed, and that Twinborn would be powerless.  The luck would be a problem, though.  Agamemnon would have to find a Soulcaster to destroy all Chromium in the arena--and his opponents, too.

"Aggy, I have an idea," Menelaus abruptly stated.  "Let's call a temporary truce while we find our allies."

"Great idea!" Agamemnon answered.  "But don't call me Aggy!"

--

Listen.  Don't make any kills at first; let's find our teammates.  Also, I have a question for Alvron: will there be voting?  What will it entail?

After hearing the booming voice echo around the ruins it took a few minutes for anyone else to began making noise but when they did Ank couldn't stand it. People were talking and crying, one oaf of a creature was yelling what Ank supposed was a name. Others had already begun talking about alliances and truces. There was even someone falling asleep while standing! 

Fools! The lot of them! This is not a place for friends. It's all about survival. Every man for themselves. 

As he pushed his way out of the crowd he knocked a strange black and white doll out of someones hands. He looked up at their face and saw only hate as they reached down to pick up their prized possession. He knew immediately that he had already made an enemy. Ank turned away from him and marched off deeper into the ruined city.

It doesn't matter anyways. I don't need these people. I have always survived by myself before and I don't know why that should change now.

EDIT: For grammar.

EDIT: To avoid double post.

So if you request a PM does everyone in it know who requested the PM or is it anonymous? 

Edited by Clanky

Listen.  Don't make any kills at first; let's find our teammates.  Also, I have a question for Alvron: will there be voting?  What will it entail?

There will be voting.  The one voted for will be mob-killed.  It was added so the loss of the kill roles wouldn't cause the game to grind to a halt.  It will also be interesting to see who votes for who and are they on the same team or not.  Oh the mind games those votes could cause. :lol:

So if you request a PM does everyone in it know who requested the PM or is it anonymous? 

It is anonymous unless requested otherwise.

Agamemnon was furious.  First he had been transported to this strange arena, then his doll had been knocked out of his hands.  He walked up to the Offender and inquired as to the Offender's preferred method of Death.

I was attempting to allude to Jains stuffed panda with that comment but this could work too. :P 

"We are all going to die in this place anyways" Said Ank "If you want to kill me now go for it I won't stop you. I am going to turn around and walk away from this place and maybe there's a chance I can find a place to wait this thing out. So now is your chance to stab me in the back as I leave. What I won't do is stand around here  and wait for later when I trust someone only then to get stabbed in the back. " 

Jokes! These people are making jokes! Soon everybody is going to be trying to kill each-other but they still make jokes. This is insanity. Also note-to-self: never, seriously NEVER, trust Cleo!

"You are all crazy." Said Ank "I am leaving. Hopefully it's not too late and I haven't gone crazy like the rest of you!"

Again Ank tried to set out away from the group deeper into the city. 

EDIT: Grammar and Spelling

Edited by Clanky

Are we allowed to request other people be put in PMs together? (I request that Aonar and Wilson be put together in a PM, for instance) :P

I was wondering who would think of that.  Yes, yes you can.

Edited by Alvron

Is there a cap on how many PMs a player can request? Per cycle?

What about if the same people get requested to be put in the same PM together? Say for instance... 10 people request Wilson and Aonar be put in PMs together, would that make 10 separate PMs? *Ahem* Not giving any ideas here.....

Is there a cap on how many PMs a player can request? Per cycle?

What about if the same people get requested to be put in the same PM together? Say for instance... 10 people request Wilson and Aonar be put in PMs together, would that make 10 separate PMs? *Ahem* Not giving any ideas here.....

No limit on PM requests

If someone requests a PM that is already set up then I will ignore the order.

Oh, all right.  Ferrin, an ancient man with an ancient passion, fighting.  None of that sissy, ranged gobbledy-goop people are doing nowadays.  It's all point and kill, where's the fun in that?  You can't even see the terror in your opponent's eyes when you slice their weapon in half and they realize their fate is sealed, despite how much they try to abscond.  Some people accuse Ferrin that he uses too many big old-timey words, but to Ferrin, they seem to fit well; big, old words for a big, old guy.

"I reckon I only got a few more fights in me, but I wont stop until the day I die.  What's the point of livin' if ya ain't gonna do nuthin'?

Naran had slipped off the moment the city had materialized around him, hounds following at his heels. He had heard the sourceless voice speaking, but he didn't care. Apparently he was here to put on a show. Well, whoever the watchers were, they certainly weren't getting one from him.

Really, he just wanted to be home. At the very least, whatever strange force had brought him here had brought his dogs too, and whatever small comfort they could give. Naran needed to find a place he could rest, a place to fortify, a place to make his own. Somewhere where he could take care of his dogs, and hopefully get out of this mess alive.

Walking through the ruined buildings, he started to feel a little dismayed. What exactly had he been dumped into? A fight to the death? Who in their right mind picked random people, with lives and friends and families, and forced them to kill each other? And who in their right mind would actually comply with that? He shook his head, wondering at the sheer idiocy of it all.

Finn gave a quiet bark, nudging Naran's hand with his nose, obviously sensing his master's distress. "Shh. It's alright." He absentmindedly rubbed the massive shepherd's head. Despite his imposing size, he'd always been the sensitive one, at ease with people, quick to comfort those he saw in need.

Naran turned back for a moment, ensuring that Aora was still following. The wolfhound trailed a few yards behind, stalking warily through the streets, ears up and head down, alert for the slightest disturbance. She was the quiet one, the dangerous one. A protector, a fighter, a hunter; lean and wiry. Kind and gentle enough with Naran and Finn, or course, but not afraid of a fight. She was definitely the one to rely on in situations like this.

He turned back, smiling slightly. Things were going to be alright. They'd find a way. Who knew, maybe if they could camp out somewhere far enough out of the way, they could avoid the conflict entirely.

Something to note: If any of you dare lay a hand on my dogs in RP (this includes you, Almighty GM), other, perhaps, than to take them in if Naran dies, it will be my personal mission to rend you limb from limb make you feel like the biggest slontze to ever walk this Earth. :ph34r:

(I request that Aonar and Wilson be put together in a PM, for instance) :P

I'm not certain if this is a great idea, or a terrible one. :P

:blink::(

....I hate you all. That's a horrible idea. And I would refuse to talk anyway.

What're you talking about? This is now officially a great idea. :P That's hurtful, Wilson. What'd I ever do to you?

EDIT: Added Quote.

Edited by Aonar Faileas