ChullRider

Guild Of Arts

436 posts in this topic

Well then, if ChullRider says it's good...

The testimonial propaganda: Getting people to do things since a long time ago.

I'm an artist! I'm also a programmer (which, I could argue, is an art in and of itself)! I butcher songs whenever I try to play my violin! And I love to write things! I've got nothing cosmere-related to make as an application, but I'd still like to join the guild. (Here's non-cosmere displays of my art for those of you who are interested).

I've also been looking for motivation to make Cosmere-centric art for a while now, so I hope this'll finally motivate me.

Welcome, Coinshooter/my eldest brother! I'm glad you finally got an account! :P

By the way, I finally made a member list. It's the first post.

Edited by ChullRider

I'm drawing something for my director, or rather, painting it. So I need something to paint. I might ask another director for help, because he knows her quite well.

Our band one year painted a mural on the (very large) back wall. It was a bit of a surprise to see when I walked into the room that Monday.

Here guys, to help kickstart this guild, here's a piece of art!

Here's a My Neighbor Totoro parody I did a while back. Totoro%2Bparody%2B-%2Bmistborn.jpg

Are they going to be picked up by a monster sized kandra?

Are they going to be picked up by a monster sized kandra?

Haha! Brilliant!

I actually hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it I think they're waiting for a mistwraith. A huge, many legged mistwraith bus. :P

Thank you for bringing this up. This made my day. :D

I should probably see that movie - it seems fairly popular.

Also, I'm thinking about doing these little icons for all the Allomantic metals. Arting is fun.

EDIT: Evidently I watched My Neighboor Totoro very, very frequently as a child... I'd better relive it then.

Edited by Coinshooter

Ay, sorry for the double post (but there's been no action here recently, and this contributes to the discussion, so I'm under the impression that it's kinda okay).

But here are some allomantic symbols that I made:

gallery_15155_4_12601.pnggallery_15155_4_19950.pnggallery_15155_4_10908.pnggallery_15155_4_10658.png

Tin, Steel, Pewter, and Iron, in that order. And, just for convenience's sake:

gallery_15155_4_29342.png

All the physical metals in one image.

Also, what arty things have we all been up to? I updated my webcomic today. And did these.

Ay, sorry for the double post (but there's been no action here recently, and this contributes to the discussion, so I'm under the impression that it's kinda okay).

But here are some allomantic symbols that I made:

gallery_15155_4_12601.pnggallery_15155_4_19950.pnggallery_15155_4_10908.pnggallery_15155_4_10658.png

Tin, Steel, Pewter, and Iron, in that order. And, just for convenience's sake:

gallery_15155_4_29342.png

All the physical metals in one image.

Also, what arty things have we all been up to? I updated my webcomic today. And did these.

Nice! I like you you included the coins for steel and iron.

Like Coinshooter, I apologize for the double post, but I thought you people here in this guild would enjoy this.

This is not me. I wish I was this good.

Birds are pretty great. :D

Could I join the Guild of Arts? Please? :)

Lately I've been working on sketching metal vials, hoping to figure out how to post them soon.

Could I join the Guild of Arts? Please? :)

Lately I've been working on sketching metal vials, hoping to figure out how to post them soon.

Sure! Welcome to the Guild! I hope you have a nice time here!

It's step 2 I'm worried about.

Step 2 is give Mizzy a cookie.

Who's Mizzy?

First, Mizzy is a main character in the Steelheart sequel.

Second, I would like to join! I draw, paint, sing, and act. I also dabble in sewing by hand and can sort of play the piano.

I can post some of my art later. :)

First, Mizzy is a main character in the Steelheart sequel.

Second, I would like to join! I draw, paint, sing, and act. I also dabble in sewing by hand and can sort of play the piano.

I can post some of my art later. :)

Oh, Steelheart! That explains why I don't know it. I haven't read it yet. I should do that some time.

Also, application accepted.

Edited by ChullRider

Oh, Steelheart! That explains why I don't know it. I haven't read it yet. I should do that some time.

Also, application accepted.

Read the Steelheart... Read the Steelheart...

Mizzy is Queen of Everything Cookie.

I'm just curious how many people on the forums compose. I know of about 3, but most of them I've seen on SoundCloud and not here.

P.S. I may have a piece based on a 'mists leitmotif' to show you once I've had time to clean it up in a few weeks. I'll see when I have time. Still trying to work out instrumentation though...

I'm just curious how many people on the forums compose. I know of about 3, but most of them I've seen on SoundCloud and not here.

P.S. I may have a piece based on a 'mists leitmotif' to show you once I've had time to clean it up in a few weeks. I'll see when I have time. Still trying to work out instrumentation though...

I do on occasion, but I never consider any of my peices to be good enough to actually publish. My goal is to actually finish a piece (it doesn't matter which one) by December of this year.

I've had the same goal several years in a row now.

I compose! Currently I'm working on a piece called Into the Mists, with trombone, flute, and piano parts. Needless to say, an odd configuration. :)

I compose! Currently I'm working on a piece called Into the Mists, with trombone, flute, and piano parts. Needless to say, an odd configuration. :)

Any special reason, or are those the people you have to work with?

I'm pretty much stuck making jazz with the instruments my family plays. The only odd one out then is my violin brother, who I keep trying to convince to pick up Gypsy style. Unfortunately, he is more or less eight right now.

Those are pretty much the people I have access to. Me as flute, younger brother as trombone, and it seems like my whole family can play the piano except me. :P

Those are pretty much the people I have access to. Me as flute, younger brother as trombone, and it seems like my whole family can play the piano except me. :P

Something tells me we need more friends...

Darned musicians. Can't trust 'em.