No, you are Shallan. There is no escaping it.

Thank you, I feel honoured to be compared to Shallan :wub:  Speaking of whom, I am currently inking my Shallan sketch so I'll be able to share it soon. I'm actually adapting my style so as to enhance Shallan's stare, since eyes are so important for Alethi culture. It will be so interesting to try those ideas I have. If I am successful I'll ink all my other Stormlight portraits with this style.

I wish you luck; inking is a pain.

Meh, I've got a ton of commissions piling up that I really need to start on.

Thank you! I'm used to ink, I can spend 30 hours to ink some portraits. For my Stormlight portraits I'm thinking about adding watercolours and acrylic paint, which is completely new to me. This is most interesting but as well a great challenge because I'm not used to adding colours to my drawings.

Good luck with commissions! Oh, and I see that you're on Tumblr as well! :ph34r:

hahahh watercolor hahahhhaah I hate it sooo much. Practice like mad before you put it on one of those beautiful sketches/inkings.

Yep, I am. Its a mess, though. My cosmere art blog is hoidsflute if you want to filter out the crap I usually post.

Bleh, when you want to ink your sketch but all the animation department has is photoshop which is crap for inking and sketchbook pro which is crap in general and illustrator that DOESN'T WORK PERIOD so you just. Sit there and maybe try a bit but your hopes aren't high.

hahahh watercolor hahahhhaah I hate it sooo much. Practice like mad before you put it on one of those beautiful sketches/inkings.

Yep, I am. Its a mess, though. My cosmere art blog is hoidsflute if you want to filter out the crap I usually post.

Bleh, when you want to ink your sketch but all the animation department has is photoshop which is crap for inking and sketchbook pro which is crap in general and illustrator that DOESN'T WORK PERIOD so you just. Sit there and maybe try a bit but your hopes aren't high.

Edited by Cunegonde

To get traditional art looking better online you will need Photoshop or Gimp, honestly. And a scanner, if you don't already have it. But scanning does reduce so much quality in the image. You really can't print digital or put traditional on the computer without quality loss, sadly. Sticking it into an editing software can help with that, change colors, correct saturation/brightness values.

Edit;;

Some recents I'm finally getting around to posting. I haven't had any time lately.

Red fox spread I did in my new sketchbook.

tumblr_o16eqm39GS1t48sgio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o16eqm39GS1t48sgio2_1280.jpg

Space-y cat for a friend

tumblr_nzlzftxT8c1t48sgio1_1280.jpg

Forgot if i posted this or not, but a Vasher for another friend

Edit: and the link is not copying right. Whatever click it and you should get to it

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

To get traditional art looking better online you will need Photoshop or Gimp, honestly. And a scanner, if you don't already have it. But scanning does reduce so much quality in the image. You really can't print digital or put traditional on the computer without quality loss, sadly. Sticking it into an editing software can help with that, change colors, correct saturation/brightness values.

I have my final drawings scanned by a professional (600 dpi and .tif format, so the highest resolution possible). Then I retouch them a bit (contrast, brightness and colour levels) but they still don't look as stunning as digital art on internet. It's something I have to get used to, I suppose. My lack of knowledge in softwares such as gimp or photoshop doesn't help. I can do only basic editing :mellow:

I could help you a bit with retouching, but its mostly a personal preference with how you want it done.

I actually retouch in Lightroom, which is for photography and offers more correction options than photoshop.

Lightroom? I'll check for it, thanks. And thank you for your offer, I would gladly receive a bit of help. I don't have any requirements, just to have them look good on a computer screen. I don't really know what are the possibilities, to be perfectly honest.

Lightroom? I'll check for it, thanks. And thank you for your offer, I would gladly receive a bit of help. I don't have any requirements, just to have them look good on a computer screen. I don't really know what are the possibilities, to be perfectly honest.

If you need anything done, just let me know. Computer work is always hard due to possible changes in monitor settings/quality, too. ;-; Lightroom is basically Photoshop without the gimics. Its easier to find things and edit the whole image, rather than retouching a single part of it.

Honestly, it's all really cool when it comes together. Except for atonal stuff; that can all go die in a fire.

But have you listened to Anton Wabern? His music is very interesting, he is probably the only member of the German Avant Guard that I appreciate.

Edited by Alomantisist