Shattered

It seems a bit unlikely, as I don't know his backstory and seems unlikely to have much to do with Nalthis, at least not at first, but he is immortal somehow. It seems like he might have enough BioChroma to be at least of the Second Heightening. In WoR, he says: "Perfect pitch makes this all so much easier than it once was...." while tuning his Enthir. That, of course, wouldn't account for agelessness, though. That would require the Fifth Heightening. But if he did have that much Breath, it would produce a highly visible aura of enhanced color. This is what makes me wonder if he is Returned, because then he would naturally be of the Fifth Heightening, accounting for his agelessness and perfect pitch. It would also mean that he could suppress his divine Breath and appear to be a normal human without a visible aura.

He is off Yolen, the very first world and origin of Adonalsium. Used to buy drinks with Honor and was good friends with a few other shards (and very much not good friends with the rest, but what can you do?) He could Lightweave eons before lightweaving was cool.

With that said he can't Return like that if what we know of Returning is accurate. We don't even know if that is necessary for breath suppression do we? Ol' Warbreaker was Returned but he's also quite the expert on the matter of Breath, and either is sufficient reason for him to know how.

Is Returning a function of sDNA, or a peculiarity of Nalthis' afterlife? Because I could see Hoid's sDNA being compatible with all the Shards, since he was

a magic user from pre-shattering times... as far as I know.. Shouldn't his sDNA be compatible with Adonalsium, and therefore all the Shards?

• Chaos locked this topic