I love Gravity Falls!  I only actually sat down and watched the whole thing a couple months ago but I'd seen bits and pieces and episodes every so often since it premiered (which everything makes way more sense in the right order).  But after having it pop up over and over on my tumblr dashboard I just had to watch it so I could stop getting spoiled on stuff.

My favorite part is while the show is ostensibly "for kids" it doesn't really pull back any of the punches?  Like kids are capable of understanding a lot and the show acknowledges that while still maintaining a childlike whimsy.

I can't wait for the new episodes (which I think start next week?)

Bumping seemed better than starting a new topic.

I have finally started watching Gravity Falls! About mid-way through season one at the moment, but damnation- this is a really fun show!

I love Gravity Falls!  I only actually sat down and watched the whole thing a couple months ago but I'd seen bits and pieces and episodes every so often since it premiered (which everything makes way more sense in the right order).  But after having it pop up over and over on my tumblr dashboard I just had to watch it so I could stop getting spoiled on stuff.

My favorite part is while the show is ostensibly "for kids" it doesn't really pull back any of the punches?  Like kids are capable of understanding a lot and the show acknowledges that while still maintaining a childlike whimsy.

Yesss more fans! :D I also love the way it doesn't dumb anything down—how it's a wacky adventure show, but the consequences of those wacky adventures are played straight. And there are so many positive messages in there that are just—there. It's like, they're not trying to call attention to those messages; they're just added in as part of the story. 

Season 1 and 2 spoilers: 

I love the way Wendy handles Dipper's crush on her, when it finally comes to light. She kindly and gently tells him that it wouldn't work out, age differences and all that, and Dipper takes it well. Most shows would treat that like a cruel friendzoning, but Gravity Falls treats it like a moment that was both beneficial and necessary. Dipper and Wendy remain friends, and with that awkward crush out of the way, their friendship develops more normally.

On that note, I also enjoyed the way Gideon's infatuation with Mabel was treated as creepy rather than cute or humorous. Mabel's misgivings weren't played for laughs, and in the end, it turned out her instincts were right. She was rewarded for standing up for herself and making her own choices, rather than for doing what Gideon—and the rest of the town—wanted.

How does one acquire episodes? :ph34r: I saw some a few years ago and loved it. Now I need moar.

I'm not sure. :mellow: I usually watch them on TV, though a quick search of Netflix didn't turn anything up. Anyone know of any good places to watch? 

New episodes totally start next week. Can't wait. I love this show.

How does one acquire episodes? :ph34r: I saw some a few years ago and loved it. Now I need moar.

You can buy the episodes online on google play TV/movies for a couple bucks each. That's the only place that I'm aware of they're released digitially (legally). I'm not sure how quickly they update, though. I.E. i dunno if it will have the new episodes right after they air. 

That said, there's usually less than legal ways to view just about anything online, not that I'm necessarily advocating that.....

So other than the above ways, you'd have to watch 'em on the disney channel.

Ah. DVR it is, then. And maybe GP.

I just went out and checked amazon as well, they appear to sell it digitally also (not on prime), for roughly the same price. So it's a "pick your poison" kinda thing, i suppose.

Well, I just finished Season One. I have to say, so far, I'm liking the show; the humor is hilarious, the animation is beautiful to look at, and the characters are fun to spend time with.

Also: Bill Cipher. I've heard of that character -with some people comparing him to Discord- but... he was not what I was expecting.

Though on the mater of Bill, I have a theory! One which may be disproven in season two, but whatever!

Well, "theory" is too generous but... I figure gold has to be important, somehow. Bill told Gideon to "buy gold" before vanishing into Stan's mind, and in the boyband episode Stan's advice to Robbie was to "Bury your gold. You've been buying gold, right?"

Maybe those two lines aren't much, but considering who they come from (and the fact that Bill is coloured gold, and Stan reads 'Gold chains for old men monthly' I feel like there is... something there? I'm not sure what -the fact that Stan told Robbie to bury his gold makes me wonder if there is some kind of Ruin/Atium situation going on- but... yeah. I figure gold has to figure in to things somehow.

• 3 weeks later...

Rewatching the sock puppet episode...

Could Grenda be supernatural in some way? Bill called her a monster after all. It might just be Bill being a jerk, but immediately afterwards, when Ghost!Dipper tries talking to her, she checks her mic and kind of answers him by grunting.

Coincidence? Or conspiracy?

Seriously Disney UK, air the rest of season 2!