Which power would you choose?

Straff Venture

504 members have voted

1. 1. What power do you wish you had the most?

• Allomancy
    • Feruchemy
    • Hemalurgy
    • AonDor
    • Chayshan
    • Dakhor Monk
    • Awakening
    • Returned
    • Soulcasting
    • Surgebinding
    • Shardplate
    • Twinborn

Steelrunning would only let make more jumps as benefit of having improved reflexes, that all.

Without running start you don't have any speed bonuses of Steelrunning - it's just regular Steelpushing.

You would be able to push yourself at an extremely shallow angle because you would feel like you were falling slowly. I assume normal coinshots push themselves at about a 45 degree angle. Well with steelrunning you could push yourself at a 10 degree angle at higher speeds because you have the reflexes to deal with higher speeds and a slimmer margin of error

You would be able to push yourself at an extremely shallow angle because you would feel like you were falling slowly. I assume normal coinshots push themselves at about a 45 degree angle. Well with steelrunning you could push yourself at a 10 degree angle at higher speeds because you have the reflexes to deal with higher speeds and a slimmer margin of error

but there is almost no benefit to that.   your horizontal velocity is already high from the steelrunning/compounding, adding a steelpush to it will only slow you down: partly since you are no longer getting the benefit of the ferruchemy once you leave the ground, and partly because of drag.  so what is the expected benefit of pushing off at a 10 degree angle?

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure what the rules are on posting after someone else necros but I did vote today so...

Soulcasting. I could create whatever I needed, whenever I needed or, if I cannot create it, I could create money/valuable material, sell that and buy what I needed. Not to mention I think it would allow me to visit the Cognitive Realm AND, unless Jasnah's ranged attack is based in Elsecalling, I could soulcast from a distance to defend myself.

I wasn't sure if "Allomancy" meant Mistborn or Misting but if it was Mistborn I would probably pick that out of love for the series.

Um, allomancy is just the powers themselves. What you call the people that can use the powers is completely irrelevant. You can be utilizing one of the two ways to burn, say, steel without being a misting or a mistborn and you'ld still be using steel allomancy.

That's like asking whether "soulcasting" refers to Elsecallers, Lightweavers, or people with soulcasting fabrials.

Edited by natc

Um, allomancy is just the powers themselves. What you call the people that can use the powers is completely irrelevant. You can be utilizing one of the two ways to burn, say, steel without being a misting or a mistborn and you'ld still be using steel allomancy.

That's like asking whether "soulcasting" refers to Elsecallers, Lightweavers, or people with soulcasting fabrials.

Sorry if I was not clear but I did not want to choose "Allomancy" (as the poll is asking what power I would choose and the OP clarified it meant for me to utilize) if I would only get a single Allomantic ability. If, on the other hand, choosing "Allomancy" as the power I would get to utilize meant I had access to all Allomantic abilities (i.e. I was a Mistborn) then I would switch my vote from soul casting to Allomancy.

• 9 months later...

This is a necro. A worthy necro.

Surgebinding FTW. While Feruchemy is a close second, Surgebinding is just plain overpowered as long as you have enough stormlight. Provided that I get a steady stream of the stuff, I would probably choose either Skybreaker or Windrunner. Skybreaker because division sounds amazingly cool, and because flight is sick. Being able to tell the wicked from the good would be helpful in making friends. The only downside would be having to obey the law all the time. Windrunnes I would pick because they share gravity and can stick people to stuff.

Shardblades would be so much fun.

Also with the stormlight I could basically heal myself from any wound in minutes, so I'd have a pretty long life. I'd also get to be one of the best athletes in the world because I could just breathe in some stormlight and get superstrong.

Edited by Jedal

• 1 month later...

Allomancy and Feruchemy have lots of cool powers, but AonDor is simply beautiful. Maybe it's the symmetry, or the drawings of light, but something about AonDor captured my imagination from the first time I read Elantris. The precision required seems like it would be highly rewarding as well. 

Hmmm... so many powers and if I lived life like a min/maxer and assumed I was going to have crazy Cosmere-style adventures I'd probably pick Twinborn because of the potential for insane brokenness. However, if my fairie godmother (hopefully not of the Dresden Files kind) were to wave a magic wand and give me a power in the 'real world' I would actually choose Forgery. It's perhaps the most scholarly of all the systems of Investiture that we know about which appeals to my own enjoyment of learning and it's got nearly limitless potential. Plus, with enough time and self-knowledge you can make Essence Marks to give yourself training in disciplines you didn't have time for in the real world. The ability to rewrite my past to have learned any language alone would be an amazing thing to have.

I would pick Surgebinding, you get powers and a buddy.In particular I would pick the Stonewards (because the Cohesion/Tension Suges seems able to do pretty cool things with matter) or the Windrunners (Because being able to fly and control presion is awesome)

• 2 weeks later...

Twinborn, double bronze. I would choose forgery, but that wasn't an option. Double bronze is my backup choice and I'd love it SO much! You can sense others when they're using magic, you can stay awake and aware for a nearly infinite amount of time with few to no consequences. Another positive thing I can see is that if I chose to store instead of tap, I'd be forced to become fenomenal at time management, which would mean that I could become a person with minimal time spent unconscious, maximum time spent perfectly aware, and spectacular time management, all of which adds up to one spectacular scholar/worker/anything! :wub:

Oh bronze compounding my love, why must you be unreachable?:lol:

• Chaos locked this topic