Which power would you choose?

Straff Venture

504 members have voted

1. 1. What power do you wish you had the most?

• Allomancy
    • Feruchemy
    • Hemalurgy
    • AonDor
    • Chayshan
    • Dakhor Monk
    • Awakening
    • Returned
    • Soulcasting
    • Surgebinding
    • Shardplate
    • Twinborn

• 3 weeks later...

If you mean a Spren bow(As in you're bonded to a spren and said enough words so that they can transform into a weapon) then we don't know if they can become bows or other projectile weapons. If you just mean the human shardbows, yeah that'd be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Being a Mistborn is one of the best powers, constant strength, health and energy plus slowing down time is never bad. And you can fly.

If I had to pick a twinborn, Bronze compounder since bronze would be one of the best things to compound, never have to sleep and your mega alert. Also if you want to sleep you can get to sleep very quickly.

Bronze compounding appeals to me because I'm a narcoleptic. But I'd like to be a bronze ferring tin misting. Some of that wakefulness could come from the clarity from burning tin. Although it would be cool to be able to pick up on end positive magic use while never sleeping.

Bronze compounding appeals to me because I'm a narcoleptic. But I'd like to be a bronze ferring tin misting. Some of that wakefulness could come from the clarity from burning tin. Although it would be cool to be able to pick up on end positive magic use while never sleeping.

Storing Bronze puts you to sleep, the tin wouldn't help probably.

Still not many Hemalurgic recruits, comeone people, we have cookies!

Allomancy definately, it includes travel, battle, manipulation of both people and outside forces, warping time, and ways to cripple other allomancers, as well as heightened senses and reflexes. A good well-rounded ability I think, provided you have the metals to hand and the ability to practise.

• 1 year later...

AonDor for sure! Only someone from Sel could become an Elantrian, but they could get the other powers too. Not to mention I would be a sparking Elantrian!!!!!!!!!! Ooooh, what if I could become a Returned Elantrian! Then I could have AonDor and not have to be marked as an Elantrian by the silver skin and white hair when it might be inconvenient, because I could change how I looked because I was Returned!

If hemalurgy can steal elsecalling and soulcasting I would choose hemalurgy, else I would choose to be a surgebinder from the Elsecaller order. With hemalurgy I could give myself some nice augments, and I could just elsecall to the cognitive, go to my target and without leaving the cognitive, soulcast something into uranium 235 or antimatter and then watch the destruction (acid would work too).

double steel twinborn = flying+infinite superspeed=flying at superspeed?

No. Steelrunning makes you able to move your body parts at increased speed. So in order to fly at superspeed first you have to take a running start and after you Steelpush the air resistance will kick in.

No. Steelrunning makes you able to move your body parts at increased speed. So in order to fly at superspeed first you have to take a running start and after you Steelpush the air resistance will kick in.

I meant what normal coinshots do (not really flying i guess) at a higher speed. Coinshots usually drop the coin behind them before they push on it, so a running start shouldn't be necessary. Steelrunning seems to affect your reflexes too. If it didn't, Bleeder wouldn't have been able to kill all those men at the auction by shooting all of them in the space of a second.

Steelrunning doesn't affect the force of the Steelpush. Running start would give you enough inertia to carry some of that speed into moving through the air.

Steelrunning would let the coinshots make more jumps in the same amount of time. Also coinshots drop the coins behind them so they can push themselves forward, which would negate the need for a running start.

think I have to go with Ferruchemy, provided I could be a full ferruchemist (otherwise it would be either twinborn or surgebinding).  full ferruchemist get a wide range of abilities most of which would have some uses in day-to-day life

Steelrunning would let the coinshots make more jumps in the same amount of time. Also coinshots drop the coins behind them so they can push themselves forward, which would negate the need for a running start.

Steelrunning would only let make more jumps as benefit of having improved reflexes, that all.

Without running start you don't have any speed bonuses of Steelrunning - it's just regular Steelpushing.