Which power would you choose?

Straff Venture

504 members have voted

1. 1. What power do you wish you had the most?

• Allomancy
    • Feruchemy
    • Hemalurgy
    • AonDor
    • Chayshan
    • Dakhor Monk
    • Awakening
    • Returned
    • Soulcasting
    • Surgebinding
    • Shardplate
    • Twinborn

So on the poll above you can choose which power out of Brandon's current books you would most like to be able to use. Obviously that doesn't really lead into much interesting discussion in the thread, so here is another question:

What do you think would be the most useful power to yourself and/or society?

Edited by Straff Venture

A full feruchemist, without a doubt. There are just so many delightful uses. Just last night I was having trouble sleeping, so storing wakefulness would have been nice. And there are cupcakes around me today. Storing calories would allow me to eat more than one. And I have a desk job, so storing speed would make going for a run later awesome. I'll be moving soon, too. Some stored strength for that would be wonderful.

AonDor all the way! I think that with enough knowledge you could probably replicate any other power you wanted to. Admittedly some wouldn't be as awesome. If there's some sort of Aon with the right modifiers that can replicate Pushing and Pulling you still would be nowhere as effective as a Mistborn. But the logic and knowledge of the system appeal to me, and I would love to spend years mastering AonDor. I'm not a fighter anyway. AonDor has the widest application of powers that I think we've seen so far.

Also, it might be a smart idea to change Skai Symbols to Dakhor Monk. Someone who isn't familiar with the names of the Shardholders might be confused.

Feruchemist. I'd ace every test, win all trivia games, and remember everybody's name (More important than most think). I'd be fast when I need to be, can immitate sickness perfectly, think faster than anybody, and possibly make instant friends. Allomancy simply doesn't have as many amazing uses as that IRL.

Feruchemist. I'd ace every test, win all trivia games, and remember everybody's name (More important than most think). I'd be fast when I need to be, can immitate sickness perfectly, think faster than anybody, and possibly make instant friends. Allomancy simply doesn't have as many amazing uses as that IRL.

Clearly we now know Ken Jennings' secret (a former roommate of Brandons')...

It should be noted that we don't have complete confirmation that the Dhakor abilities are powered by Dominion so that one should probably be changed to either Dhakor or Fjodell symbols. :P

I'm tossing up between Hemalurgy and AonDor now, we know a bit more about AonDors limits and from what we've seen it would be the stronger but it depends on how Hemalurgy plays out, same for Surgebinding I guess :P

It should be noted that we don't have complete confirmation that the Dhakor abilities are powered by Dominion so that one should probably be changed to either Dhakor or Fjodell symbols. :P

I'm tossing up between Hemalurgy and AonDor now, we know a bit more about AonDors limits and from what we've seen it would be the stronger but it depends on how Hemalurgy plays out, same for Surgebinding I guess :P

You forget that you'd have to kill other people for it to work, and the cops are pretty likely to find you after 16 murders. Sure, you'll have allomancy (Provided others get powers too) or at the least more strenth, but you'll have no real life after all that.

Depends on what you spike first, first thing to get is double chromium, then double gold. After that you're fairly unstoppable but just to be safe double steel.

Unfortunately Chromium is absurdly rare, so you'd been to be rich in the first place to get your hands on some.

Unfortunately Chromium is absurdly rare, so you'd been to be rich in the first place to get your hands on some.

Depends what time frame you're in, it's the 24th most abundant element on earth according to a quick wikipedia search :P So I think that like Aluminium the problem is with extracting metallic chromium from an ore.

Depends what time frame you're in, it's the 24th most abundant element on earth according to a quick wikipedia search :P So I think that like Aluminium the problem is with extracting metallic chromium from an ore.

Yeah, but like the human body, after the first few elements elements, every single other element only consists of a tiny, tiny percentage. (After Top 8 elements for Earth, only 1.2% is left of the Earth's total mass for everything else.)

Edited by Voldy

Yeah, but like the human body, after the first few elements elements, every single other element only consists of a tiny, tiny percentage. (After Top 8 elements for Earth, only 1.2% is left of the Earth's total mass for everything else.)

It's still more common than copper, zinc, tin or gold. Which makes 6 of the 8 basic metals and 2 of the higher metals. So in comparison to the other allomantic metals only Aluminium and Iron are more common.

Hemalurgy may be the most powerful but it seems to have some really unpleasant side affects. And being a full Feruchemist just sounds like alot of time being uncomfortable for short bursts of awesome. Hence me going Twinborn. Zinc to slow my brain down to normal most of the time and then spike to super high levels when necessary, and Steel Allomancy for flying, awesome gunplay(assuming I'm in an action movie), more flying along train tracks, and more flying. Besides which, imagine the fine tuned pushing you could do with your mind running at bullet time speeds. I'll push that bullet into that bullet, deflecting both and nailing the guys holding the hostages between the eyes. Super marksman powers activate. Really anything with Feruchemical Zinc would be awesome though. Lurcher, Thug, Rioting... you name it, thinking faster makes it better.

This. :)

But wouldn't you like some hemalurgically endowed tin for your sharpshooter? :P

With the side affects? Nope. I've avoided piercings my whole life, I'd rather not get them just for some superpowers. Besides, I can use a Scope for that. Especially a nice thermal one. Tin doesn't grant infravision.

This. :)

But wouldn't you like some hemalurgically endowed tin for your sharpshooter? :P

It doesn't change the fact that you have to kill for Hemalurgy, and I doubt many people here would be willing to end lives simply to gain power. Not to mention the difficulty of having any form of a life with the authorities hunting you down.

It doesn't change the fact that you have to kill for Hemalurgy, and I doubt many people here would be willing to end lives simply to gain power. Not to mention the difficulty of having any form of a life with the authorities hunting you down.

Agreed. I mean, we had that whole Spike Donors discussion for a way to get legit spikes. But Hemalurgy would do terrible things to the world. I'm derping around with a fanfic of this in my spare time to set up a city for the RPG and flesh it out so the players can be in the know quickly beforehand.