If David Had Epic Powers...

Elithanathile

I'm not sure if anyone else has been wondering this, but I have been curious since reading Steelheart. If David was made into an epic, what powers and or weakness would he have? I suspect that both your powers and weakness are tied to your past in some way, so the closest I've been able to guess is that he would be able to fly, (from using the spyrail,) enhanced physical abilites, (His marksmanship and in general strong physique,) and possibly enhanced brain ability? His weakness would either be being called a nerd or killing an epic. (from the beginning scene in Firefight.)

This isn't supposed to be a serious topic, just something kinda fun for people to post what they think his powers would be. And please try to keep from spoiling anything for those that haven't read Firefight yet.

Perhaps the blood of an Epic would be like Kryptonite to him? So murdering/Sacrificing a fellow Epic would weaken him, and defeating an Epic would leave him very drained.

He would have enhanced senses and reflexes, and a Sherlock like ability to re-conjure any information has ever taken in - though it takes a little while.

He will make his foes collapse from absolute and total confusion! "You're like a squid with a cantaloupe!" "Wut? (Thud.)"

FTFY.  He's halfway there already.  It's almost useful at one point in Firefight.

As for his weakness, well, discussion of that should probably be done in the Firefight sub-forum or after you've read it.  Otherwise things might be a bit undirected.

I have read firefight, but you don't really need to. Just guess what you think his powers would be. I don't think it's as random as people think, and I think that his past might affect his powers. But mainly this is just a cool thread for people to post in. I didn't post it in firefight, because I wanted this to be a thread that you didn't have to have read firefight to look at or read.

TwiLyghtSansSparkles' brother, I think, speculated that if David were to become an Epic he would receive Steelheart's powers. He'd essentially become the very thing he's long hated in all of its twisted glory, and best of all he'd get to keep the name "Steelslayer." It's the headcanon of TwiLyghtSansSparkles' brother, it's the headcanon of TwiLyghtSansSparkles herself, and it's mine.

Though I harbor a lingering fondness for any proposed superpowers that tie into his propensity for bad analogies. :P

TwiLyghtSansSparkles' brother, I think, speculated that if David were to become an Epic he would receive Steelheart's powers. He'd essentially become the very thing he's long hated in all of its twisted glory, and best of all he'd get to keep the name "Steelslayer." It's the headcanon of TwiLyghtSansSparkles' brother, it's the headcanon of TwiLyghtSansSparkles herself, and it's mine.

Though I harbor a lingering fondness for any proposed superpowers that tie into his propensity for bad analogies. :P

I personally like the chance of him gaining Prof's powers... or if Calamity wanted to go really nuts, just give him both. :P :P

It's definitely my headcanon. Seriously, my brother needs to get an account here so he can share his theories a little more efficiently.  

Maybe he would get Steelheart's powers, but they would be strengthened by his bad similes. For instance, if he decided to use his energy beams on someone, it would kill them; but if he said "I'm going to roast you like a carton of ice cream slowly melting as a fat man clutches it to his chest" before using it, said target would be obliterated. :P

I personally like the chance of him gaining Prof's powers... or if Calamity wanted to go really nuts, just give him both. :P :P

Because Obliteration wasn't doing a good enough job of destroying the world already?  :blink:

It's definitely my headcanon. Seriously, my brother needs to get an account here so he can share his theories a little more efficiently.  

Maybe he would get Steelheart's powers, but they would be strengthened by his bad similes. For instance, if he decided to use his energy beams on someone, it would kill them; but if he said "I'm going to roast you like a carton of ice cream slowly melting as a fat man clutches it to his chest" before using it, said target would be obliterated. :P

I'd friend him. :P

"I'm going to hit you like a titanium sledgehammer smashing through a wall made entirely of porridge. I bet it'll make the same sound, too." --The High Epic Steelslayer.

"There's no kill like overkill." --Calamity

I'd friend him. :P

"I'm going to hit you like a titanium sledgehammer smashing through a wall made entirely of porridge. I bet it'll make the same sound, too." --The High Epic Steelslayer.

"There's no kill like overkill." --Calamity

"And then, I'll destroy your loved ones. It'll be devastating. Like an army of fat men rampaging through a city block filled with nothing but all-you-can-eat buffets." 

"Um, wouldn't they get full at some point?" 

If Steelslayer didn't destroy Newcago on his own, his bad similes would definitely do the job. :P 

Apparently. 

• Chaos locked this topic