Join The Hazekillers They Said...see The Cosmere They Said...

I do believe there is a WoB on Hemalurgy working on animals.

Great...I was hoping that I wasn't just making stuff up...well...to be honest I wasn't that concerned...but it's good to know that there is some grounding in what I have done...

...so...Voidus...gimme a hazekilling tip and design your wolfhound and I'll list you as a full fledged member...

At Brightness Randon: I've listed you as a probationary member....but you have to prove your metal by sharing a little info on hazekilling before you get your hat.

At Redbird and Xaladin: Good stuff.  Upvote to each of you...

Idea:  Something that I mentioned briefly earlier...I've been thinking...although I have no sound proof that such a thing would be possible...I'm going to exploit the fact that we are operating in a fictional universe and just say that I have figured out to make a hemalurgic construct out of a wolfhound.  Here's what I've got so far...

...Using the same basic idea that made the original Koloss...I've taken hema spikes containing the life essence of a truly vile non-metal born (who very much deserved to die) and placed the spikes into a wolfhound in such a way as to slightly alter it's anatomy...making it much larger and stronger...(also with dark blue fur and blood red eyes just because it's cool)...aside from it's increase in strength...the attachment of human life energy seems to have imbued the wolfhound with just a touch of reasoning, which makes him much smarter and easier to train.  As an unintended side effect...I've discovered that this addition of human essence has made the wolfhound compatible with hemalurgic spikes that transfer allomantic and feruchimal abilities.  Through some trial and error...I have come to the conclusion that a wolfhound altered in such a way can only be given a maximum of 2 feruchimal spikes and 2 allomantic spikes.  

Hey, that's my department!  And have an upvote for the "Lord Drooler".

On a side not, you did not even seem to care that I am DA.

Edited by Redbird3000

have an upvote for the "Lord Drooler".

Rust and Ruin, how did you read my mind ... or did you instead plant that in my mind? Did you use Allomancy on me?

My team found imbedding spiderwebs in glass to be too inefficient. Furthermore, the new Plastic technology is too weak, but it is better than just glass. Glass armor is a very bad idea because when your enemy breaks it, guess where the shards (pun intended) go...

So we ran into this mistwraith and thought we would capture it for some experiments. The mistwraith didn't do anything with the glass we fed it, but it did do some interesting stuff to the Plastic. Imagine a material as hard as bone, but much less brittle.

We have yet to make actual armor with this new Mistwraith-aided technology, but it may just turn out even better than the MondoLeather. We might even combine the two, though that could get awfully bulky...

I will have to think about the wolfhound a little more. So these are pretty much like TenSoon with the Blessing of Potency, except even bigger and also with abilities in the Metalic Arts?

Dogs already have good senses. What would Tin do? What if my Friend was a Tin Savant?

Exactly how intelligent are these wolfhounds? Would they know how to use their allomancy and feruchemy efficiently, or would I have to train my Friend to burn Tin when I give a particular command (no pun intended here)? Because if they are smart enough to use these powers entirely on their own, they are more or less people (like TenSoon).

I'll give it some more thought. Some more info would be nice too.

Edited by Xaladin

The venerable WoB finder comes to the rescue...

KURKISTAN

And also to give cats various powers through Hemalurgy, resulting in uber-powerful Catquisitors forming a Caton of Inquisition and taking over the Cosmere (then renamed the Catsmere)?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Of course.

(Source)

Also, I demand that you remove the title "iPanda" from the membership list. I am not him anymore, even if you all think I am. I have changed. If I ever change my name again, it will be to the "Dancing Lemur".

This is great!

Mek would like to join this group. He uses throws canisters of poison gas into bendalloy bubbles. The Slider either runs (and gets mown down outside of the bubble) or dies within.

Hemalurgic creation- Mistchasmfiend: Chasmfiend with Iron, Tin, Steel, Pewter, Bendalloy, Gold, Chromium, Feruchemical iron, Feruchemical steel, Feruchemical zinc, Feruchemical gold, then maybe a couple of Zinc and Copper spikes to make it smart and stable. Strap a saddle on that baby and you could battle Odium 1v1!

Edited by Mckeedee123

Great...I was hoping that I wasn't just making stuff up...well...to be honest I wasn't that concerned...but it's good to know that there is some grounding in what I have done...

...so...Voidus...gimme a hazekilling tip and design your wolfhound and I'll list you as a full fledged member...

I somehow missed this  :wacko: 

Hazekilling tip? Um...

'Don't actually try to kill a haze. They're non-living entities.' -Voidus

How's that? :P

More seriously how about spiked armour to help protect from thugs/pewterarms? Although it would likely leave you less mobile then.

The VoidHound: A truly monstrous beast, his loyalty and companionship are much valued. He has been gifted with the powers of a Coinshot, Steelrunner, Seeker and Bloodmaker. Able to keep pace when following Mistborn through the mists with his steel-pushes, his Steelrunning allows him even greater speed enabling him to catch fleeing allomancers. His heavier weight allows him to win most Steel-Pushing contests he is in and his bloodmaker abilities will reduce his recovery time should he be wounded. His abilities as a Seeker combined with his already sharp senses enable him to track his prey accurately over long distances.

Personally, I think spiking a dragon is a better idea. The dragon can not only kill you in the conventional ways, it can Soothe you into having no fear, Riot you fear to make it more fun, and other such activities! Coin shooting is a must, becuase as we know, Dragons love gold coins. They can kill with their metal rugs!

Again, I said this already, turn your average, albeit quite large monitor lizard, into a dragon with hemalurgic iron, copper and zinc. Then allomantic steel, iron, bronze, tin and brass. And finally full feruchemy. It could compound brass for heat, and if possible shoot super heated metals.

Sorry to take so long getting back to you all.

Hoidhunter, you want me to share hazekilling info...? I don't think I have any... just theories...

What about this: We know that invested metal is particularly difficult to push or pull on, so what if we had researcers look into making high quality, invested armor? It could be Awakened armor, shardplate, armor used as a feruchemical storage, etc. We also know that highly invested metals don't appear when a mistborn burns iron or steel, so invested armor would give us mistborn proof, magical armor!

Or we could look into ways detect hemalurgic spikes... I'm not sure how much use metal detectors would be, but there have to be other ways to sense spikes! Perhaps through the cognitive or spiritual realms...? I'm not really sure what would be possible, but that's why we need to do research!

Alternately, perhaps we could run a hemalurgy awarness campaign and get disclaimers on all DA made cookies?

You know...I was thinking of restricting hemalurgic constructs to wolfhounds with only 4 spikes...but why stifle people's imaginations....If you are very specific about your construct and what his/her name is...and I'll list them as your sidekick...

Snoopy...I realize that you are no longer Ipanda...I have changed the membership board accordingly...but between you and me...dancing lemur is way better than snoopy...just sayin'

Voidus and Brighness...you have both been listed as full members...thank you for your contributions and help yourselves to some foil hats...

Sorry I haven't been on forum in a while...keep up the good work and death to all evil metal born!

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with this organization is that it is far easier to fight those who practice Metallic Arts if you do, too. As I believe is mentioned in FE, hazekillers aren't really supposed to kill Allomancers. They are typically guards that are used to stall until other Allomancers can come and do the actual fighting. If they were to actually try and kill one, they would probably rely more on numbers and coordination than any specific weapon.

If I were to fight Allomancers or Feruchemists alone (which would be incredibly stupid, by the way), then here's what I'd use:

Coinshots/Lurchers: Ammonal (explosive comprised of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder). Makes a nice big explosion and can't be Pushed or Pulled. This would probably work well against Bloodmakers and Pewterarms, too.

Pewterarms and/or Seers: Cyanogen Chloride (acrid-smelling colorless gas). Symptoms of exposure include drowsiness rhinorrhea(runny nose), sore throat, coughing, confusion, nausea, vomiting, edema, loss of consciousness, convulsions, paralysis, and death. It causes immediate injury upon contact with the eyes or respiratory organs. It also is capable of penetrating the filters of gas masks, so they can't just ignore it. It also means you probably wouldn't want to be around it when it's released. Just lure them into an enclosed space, release the gas, and that's it. This would also work well on Bloodmakers and Steelrunners.

How about using something like Greek linothorax armor or maybe Chinese paper armor, either one will stop a blade and the paper armor will stop arrows and era level guns. Although the paper armor is very bulky.

Or you could, you know, just use kevlar.

Dragon Skin is cool stuff, you could probably make a basic version of it with AOL era ceramics, although it wouldn't be quite as effective as the real thing. Just kevlar (or era equivilant, maybe silk?) wouldn't be all that effective against bullets but should work against coins and knives.

Edit: Also hi

Edited by Screwloose

You know...something that I just thought of...why doesn't silver get used more often in AoL.  It comes up briefly in HoA...then never mentioned again.  In AoL they talk a lot about how aluminum is more valuable than gold...but silver is generally much cheaper than gold...it's easy to alloy into something fairly strong...and it's totally allomantically inert.  Granted...a silver lined hat wouldn't keep people from messing with your emotions...but it could make great weapons and armor.

Shattered logic...while your pessimism toward the cause is not appreciated...your ideas are sound.  have an upvote.

Also...that's why you have your hemahound...so he can do the dirty work for you!

Shard of A...that's pretty weak...I'm sure you can do better...c'mon...pretend that some pewter arm robbed you blind and then went all over town bragging about it...and saying terrible things about your mother...and he ate your lunch...how do you take him down?

Shard of A...that's pretty weak...I'm sure you can do better...c'mon...pretend that some pewter arm robbed you blind and then went all over town bragging about it...and saying terrible things about your mother...and he ate your lunch...how do you take him down?

Maybe we can take those aluminum foil blades as the diversion they are and attach a hidden explosive-throwing device onto that. I am wary of explosives though. Those are only a good thing if you know who your enemy is and he/she/they are isolated. Besides, the most powerful stuff will also hurt you unless you can shoot them far enough. The problem is, you have to know where your enemies are.

That what my TFD is for.

Just a note: TFD is a tin compounding wolfhound. If someone leaves a strand of DNA, he will know.

EDIT: grammar

Edited by Xaladin