She needs to lose to someone with a completely ridiculous name. Voidus, does the name Hingle McCringleberry speak to you? :P

Well, even if they aren't as strong as the PC there are more Epics in Astoria than just the big four. So should Voidus want to palce any random Epics somewhere that are a bit to strong for the MEE there's a new playing field for him. I'm sure that now he'll find a place for HingMcCringe.

Edited by Edgedancer

Are these going to be actual characters? If so, I´m adding Strawberry Sundeath.

Well I swore I'd make Captain IScream canon and I stand by that, and he'll need a team so yes, they will be. All of Oregon shall tremble before the Just Deserts!

She needs to lose to someone with a completely ridiculous name. Voidus, does the name Hingle McCringleberry speak to you? :P

Somehow yes it does :P

Hingle McCringleberry:

Primary: Orchidification- At any point Hingle McCringleberry can transform into an orchard of berry bushes covering a vast area, these bushes somehow all have sensory perception.

Secondary: Something I will think of later :P

Edit: Also now definitely goes by the nickname HingeMcCringe

Edited by Voidus

Well I swore I'd make Captain IScream canon and I stand by that, and he'll need a team so yes, they will be. All of Oregon shall tremble before the Just Deserts!

Somehow yes it does :P

Hingle McCringleberry:

Primary: Orchidification- At any point Hingle McCringleberry can transform into an orchard of berry bushes covering a vast area, these bushes somehow all have sensory perception.

Secondary: Something I will think of later :P

Edit: Also now definitely goes by the nickname HingeMcCringe

Any idea where he's going to show up?

No one can say you don't work fast.

Does anyone have any idea when was the last time we said anything in here that was actual planning? On that accord, everyone might want to start digging out the profiles for their Astoria Epics buried somewhere in the last couple questions.

Astoria is coming out soon and it seems to have been planned well and will be awesome. Thanks goes to Edgerunner for his work. Many people have been planning Epics to place into Astoria. So we can start seeing what the Epics are like and start building alliances, I move that we start a small town. This town can be just a proving ground or it could be a long term event. I suggest a Bend if we want s big town or Tigard if we want a smaller one. There could be three gangs of Epics and/or vanillas. Each gang wants control over the city, but if they move against another gang then the third one will attack and win over both of them. Just think of it in the same context as the Siege of Luthadel. Each gang would have minor skirmishes to test out defenses and train themselves, striking and then leaving. Perhaps there is even a Reckoners cell stationed in the city that is trying to take out as many Epics as possible before being discovered. Here people could test out vanillas and give them experience.

Doing a thread with a drawn out conflict will make it easy for people to come ans go as they wish. If the thread ever needed to be wrapped up it can do so easily by having an all out war between the gangs. Please let me or TwiLyghtSansSparkles know if you support this. I think that having a proving thread will be helpful and will help new Epics test out their powers and get a feeling for how the game works.

Just to get the final Ok on my two Astorian Epics, I changed Bioterror around a little so he can affect Epics but because Epic metabolism is weird anyway it's difficult for him to produce lethal effects and impossible to insta-kill them.
Bioterror:
Primary- Metabolic manipulation, can manipulate the metabolism of any organism at a cellular level, capable of causing near instant death or a myriad of other effects in his target, due to the alterations in the mitochondria of Epics his powers rarely have a lethal effect on Epics but may still produce unpleasant side effects. (Organ damage, disease, etc.)

Secondary-Personal cellular manipulation, capable of completely manipulating all of his bodies cells.

Passive: Temporal regression, a form of regeneration however injured he becomes the flesh and blood will quickly fly back to his body, reconstituting his body.

Adventurer:
Primary power: Toolazyfordooranimations- Capable of teleporting instantaneously to the other side of a barrier, uses this ability to never actually open doors for the most part, however can also teleport to the other side of a wall or use it on the ground and teleport into a nearby cavern.

Secondary: Shaders- capable of creating either a point light source in his hand to act as a torch or creating an ambient lighting to light whatever room he's in.
Tertiary: Minimap- geospatial awareness and radar capabilities.
Passive: Reload!Reload!- Resurrection capabilities.

Astoria is coming out soon and it seems to have been planned well and will be awesome. Thanks goes to Edgerunner for his work. Many people have been planning Epics to place into Astoria. So we can start seeing what the Epics are like and start building alliances, I move that we start a small town. This town can be just a proving ground or it could be a long term event. I suggest a Bend if we want s big town or Tigard if we want a smaller one. There could be three gangs of Epics and/or vanillas. Each gang wants control over the city, but if they move against another gang then the third one will attack and win over both of them. Just think of it in the same context as the Siege of Luthadel. Each gang would have minor skirmishes to test out defenses and train themselves, striking and then leaving. Perhaps there is even a Reckoners cell stationed in the city that is trying to take out as many Epics as possible before being discovered. Here people could test out vanillas and give them experience.

Doing a thread with a drawn out conflict will make it easy for people to come ans go as they wish. If the thread ever needed to be wrapped up it can do so easily by having an all out war between the gangs. Please let me or TwiLyghtSansSparkles know if you support this. I think that having a proving thread will be helpful and will help new Epics test out their powers and get a feeling for how the game works.

So what you mean is more of a tutorial thread than a complete independent fourth location?

Just to get the final Ok on my two Astorian Epics, I changed Bioterror around a little so he can affect Epics but because Epic metabolism is weird anyway it's difficult for him to produce lethal effects and impossible to insta-kill them.

Bioterror:

Primary- Metabolic manipulation, can manipulate the metabolism of any organism at a cellular level, capable of causing near instant death or a myriad of other effects in his target, due to the alterations in the mitochondria of Epics his powers rarely have a lethal effect on Epics but may still produce unpleasant side effects. (Organ damage, disease, etc.)

Secondary-Personal cellular manipulation, capable of completely manipulating all of his bodies cells.

Passive: Temporal regression, a form of regeneration however injured he becomes the flesh and blood will quickly fly back to his body, reconstituting his body.

Adventurer:

Primary power: Toolazyfordooranimations- Capable of teleporting instantaneously to the other side of a barrier, uses this ability to never actually open doors for the most part, however can also teleport to the other side of a wall or use it on the ground and teleport into a nearby cavern.

Secondary: Shaders- capable of creating either a point light source in his hand to act as a torch or creating an ambient lighting to light whatever room he's in.

Tertiary: Minimap- geospatial awareness and radar capabilities.

Passive: Reload!Reload!- Resurrection capabilities.

Could you be bit more precise on what he could do on Epics, how fast and if he needs line of sight or touch ect. for his ability to work?

Adventurer is still A-Okay.

He needs to maintain LoS for as long as he's affecting someone, for Vanillas he could kill pretty much every cell in their body in a couple of seconds, for Epics he'd be limited to reducing effectiveness of a certain type of cell, the timeframes would vary depending on what he targeted but some quick estimates would be:
A few seconds - could produce symptoms similar to a cold, mild headache, trigger immune responses.
~1 minute - More serious symptoms would develop, depending on what he targeted- lungs could begin to break down causing labored breathing, fatigue, fever, nausea and vomiting.
~10 minutes- Severe symptoms develop, permanent damage to targeted organ system, high grade fever, likely to cause unconsciousness 
~1 hour - organ failure and probable death.

He needs to maintain LoS for as long as he's affecting someone, for Vanillas he could kill pretty much every cell in their body in a couple of seconds, for Epics he'd be limited to reducing effectiveness of a certain type of cell, the timeframes would vary depending on what he targeted but some quick estimates would be:

A few seconds - could produce symptoms similar to a cold, mild headache, trigger immune responses.

~1 minute - More serious symptoms would develop, depending on what he targeted- lungs could begin to break down causing labored breathing, fatigue, fever, nausea and vomiting.

~10 minutes- Severe symptoms develop, permanent damage to targeted organ system, high grade fever, likely to cause unconsciousness 

~1 hour - organ failure and probable death.

That's acceptable.

I'm just asking out of curiosity, so it won't affect whether or not he's okay, but could he also do stuff like turning his arm into a bone blade?

That's acceptable.

I'm just asking out of curiosity, so it won't affect whether or not he's okay, but could he also do stuff like turning his arm into a bone blade?

He could, but I want to try to avoid creating matter out of no where as much as possible so he needs to eat the materials needed to create any new structures like that, he can do some Kandra-type stuff and keep sacs of undiferentiated materials inside his body but new bones would be pretty difficult.

Unrelated post is unrelated to the current conversation.

Remember how in Steelheart, casual references are made to Epics that David suspects the Reckoners might try to hit next? A mention is made of Snowfall, an Epic who was described as running a gang in Sacramento.

Snowfall is sort of a weather-y name, so it's not too much of a stretch to assume that Snowfall is a weather manipulator. We all know this--some of the unusually sunny weather in the RP has been attributed to Snowfall's influence changing the climate around the west coast.

What I'm wondering is this: since TwiLyght established that a powerful weather controller named Khione lives in Alaska, how likely is it that Snowfall and Khione are engaged in a constant meteorological pushing match over the west coast? It seems that two powerful weather masters on two sides of a continent would cast a noticeable effect over the areas between them.

Unrelated post is unrelated to the current conversation.

Remember how in Steelheart, casual references are made to Epics that David suspects the Reckoners might try to hit next? A mention is made of Snowfall, an Epic who was described as running a gang in Sacramento.

Snowfall is sort of a weather-y name, so it's not too much of a stretch to assume that Snowfall is a weather manipulator. We all know this--some of the unusually sunny weather in the RP has been attributed to Snowfall's influence changing the climate around the west coast.

What I'm wondering is this: since TwiLyght established that a powerful weather controller named Khione lives in Alaska, how likely is it that Snowfall and Khione are engaged in a constant meteorological pushing match over the west coast? It seems that two powerful weather masters on two sides of a continent would cast a noticeable effect over the areas between them.

It would depend on what sort of weather they wanted. Khione took control of Alaska by sending a series of blizzards, followed by thaws, resulting in floods, to the northernmost regions of the state that drove the survivors south, where she could control them more effectively. We haven't been told this, but with a name like Snowfall, I think it's safe to assume this Epic uses cold weather as either an MO or a standing threat (and from your post describing Lightwards as "knee deep in snow during his conquest of Sacramento," I think it's probably the former). If both Khione and Snowfall control the weather by utilizing existing air current from the north, which would send warmer air currents in their place, then yes. I think it's safe to assume they are engaged in an ongoing struggle for control of the arctic air currents.

And it's probably a good thing Lightwards hasn't sought an alliance with either of them. :P

So what you mean is more of a tutorial thread than a complete independent fourth location?

Yes.  A proving ground that people can join and leave whenever.  They could then move their Epics to other threads or get them killed off.  If people wanted it to become an independent fourth location, that would be decided after a while and would need a majority consensus.

Yes.  A proving ground that people can join and leave whenever.  They could then move their Epics to other threads or get them killed off.  If people wanted it to become an independent fourth location, that would be decided after a while and would need a majority consensus.

I like this idea, unfortunately I could only commit-

*Quickly checks list of Epics*

50-70 low to mid tier Epics to it

Yes. A proving ground that people can join and leave whenever. They could then move their Epics to other threads or get them killed off. If people wanted it to become an independent fourth location, that would be decided after a while and would need a majority consensus.

In that case, it sounds like we'd need to open one of the smaller towns that are relatively isolated from the main storyline--maybe make Connell, WA it's own thread or open up Cottage Grove.

In that case, it sounds like we'd need to open one of the smaller towns that are relatively isolated from the main storyline--maybe make Connell, WA it's own thread or open up Cottage Grove.

All the Epics in Connel are soon to be dead unfortunately, although I suppose we could just have all the new Epics moving into the power vacuum to try to take the city, but then the idea of warring gangs is less likely since there wouldn't be time to set them up beforehand.

It would depend on what sort of weather they wanted. Khione took control of Alaska by sending a series of blizzards, followed by thaws, resulting in floods, to the northernmost regions of the state that drove the survivors south, where she could control them more effectively. We haven't been told this, but with a name like Snowfall, I think it's safe to assume this Epic uses cold weather as either an MO or a standing threat (and from your post describing Lightwards as "knee deep in snow during his conquest of Sacramento," I think it's probably the former). If both Khione and Snowfall control the weather by utilizing existing air current from the north, which would send warmer air currents in their place, then yes. I think it's safe to assume they are engaged in an ongoing struggle for control of the arctic air currents.

And it's probably a good thing Lightwards hasn't sought an alliance with either of them. :P

First of all, I wouldn't use any Lightwards post as a means of divining canon. Anything I write is only as canon as a tipsy bumblebee with weights around its wings is graceful--which is to say, not at all. :P

But based on the name alone, it sounds likely that Snowfall can and does use snow as an active threat against his/her subjects. What kind of unusual weather formations do you think would result from Snowfall and Khione's struggles?

In any case, I really hope we get an Epic Encyclopedia at some point. Having an illustrated entry on Snowfall would make this speculation a lot easier. :mellow:

I like the idea of a "tutorial" thread, though I definitely agree that Astoria wouldn't really fit the bill.

How about Gresham? It's a pretty big city with over a hundred thousand people, so that would give a lot of room for newcomers to destroy and senselessly rampage across the city.

All the Epics in Connel are soon to be dead unfortunately, although I suppose we could just have all the new Epics moving into the power vacuum to try to take the city, but then the idea of warring gangs is less likely since there wouldn't be time to set them up beforehand.

Another small town it is, then. Is there any place in particular the rest of you wanted?

First of all, I wouldn't use any Lightwards post as a means of divining canon. Anything I write is only as canon as a tipsy bumblebee with weights around its wings is graceful--which is to say, not at all. :P

But based on the name alone, it sounds likely that Snowfall can and does use snow as an active threat against his/her subjects. What kind of unusual weather formations do you think would result from Snowfall and Khione's struggles?

In any case, I really hope we get an Epic Encyclopedia at some point. Having an illustrated entry on Snowfall would make this speculation a lot easier. :mellow:

I like the idea of a "tutorial" thread, though I definitely agree that Astoria wouldn't really fit the bill.

How about Gresham? It's a pretty big city with over a hundred thousand people, so that would give a lot of room for newcomers to destroy and senselessly rampage across the city.

I'm no weatherman, but I think their power struggle might explain some of the unusually sunny days the game has seen, especially if Snowfall was stealing rain from Oregon. Coastal cities would probably also start having unusually cold weather as arctic air swept by. On the other hand, if Snowfall were feeling benevolent and decided to bless her subjects with a few days of sunshine, Oregonian weather would most likely remain untouched during that time.

Yeah, Astoria isn't exactly a good training ground. More "prove how well you can write an OP tyrant" from what I've heard.

It's also a very large city, which would make it more likely to become a target for a wide range of disparate Epics than a small town like Cottage Grove. Theoretically, at least.

Excellent well I'll get started making some more Epics to fit in then. :D

I'm standing by NutellaLove for the Just Deserts. Here's the profile:

Name: NutellaLove

Primary Ability: Covering everything she sees with Nutella
Secondary Ability: Turning into a human Nutella figure.

Passive Ability: Addicting everyone in a quarter mile radius to Nutella.