Quick Fix Game 6: A Time of Nightmares

Herowannabe

Ron Lav, an agoraphobic is signing up.

Also in regards to colour on an I-pad, you can use the following.

[*color=blue]blue[*/color]

Just remove the * and it will work. This allows you to insert the colour you want and saves you the hassle of remembering the colour codes.

Hmmmmm. I'm really on the fence about joining this game! I'm just debating if I'll have enough time for two games or not! (I barely time enough time for the one! XD)

So, while I'm hedging on joining up or not, let me at least create a character!

Din peered in from outside of the White Room, trying to hide in the shadows and remain unseen. He wasn't trying to be creepy or anything... he was just a little bit.... anxious. He let out a huge rush of breath. There, he had finally admitted it. Now if only he could stop delaying and confront....
....One of the people inside the room shifted how they were standing, and Din wasn't sure if he was seen or not so he ducked out of the way regardless. Just breath. 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4. He slowly calmed down and then cursed himself a fool.

Why was there any reason to not just walk in there, say hi, and introduce himself? He just had to make sure he didn't do anything embarrassing. Or say anything silly. Or offend one of them, somehow. He hated being confrontational, especially unintentionally.

He wiped the sweat off the palms of his hands on his pants, hoping they didn't leave any sort of visible sweat stain. He didn't want to be seen as dirty and unkempt. He had to make a good first impression.

So Din just went back into hiding in the shadows, slowly repeating the names he could hear being declared through the thin walls of the White Room. He would make sure he at least knew all their names if he showed up. If being the keyword there. He really wasn't sure if he was ready for this or not.

So, once again, not officially signing up yet, but this will definitely be interesting to watch or participate in, either way! I actually haven't read anything of Legion yet, so I just focued more on personal RP, trying to follow the whole theme of mental illness. If anybody things I may have overdone it, please let me know and I'll temper/remove it immediately!

Edited by Gamma Fiend

"Yep.  Jus' a plain ol' normal redneck." 

Bubba picked up an empty beer can that had suddenly appeared on the floor of the White Room and spit into it. Then he hesitated.

"Uh, well... I mean, mostly normal.  For some reason, I can't go nowhere unless my imaginary friend Stephen goes with me.  And I can't always just summon him when i want.  It's real annoyin' when I run out of dip.  Or spit cups."

Everybody near him took a step back.

"But now you, Miss Clare... are you pretendin' to be dead or somethin'? (/spit) You gotcha dress all floatin' around and whatnot."

I don't know why I'm focusing on the dip thing. Sorry about that... kinda?

"Oh, really?  Well, I might need ta make a new friend, then. Heh."  Bubba laughed towards no one in particular.

Then his eyes got very serious: "But does it taste more like Skoal or Copenhagen?  'Cause I can't stand that Copenhagen crap.  Named after some Euro-trash country and all, ya know."

"Uh... you sure about that?" Bubba was slightly dumbfounded (well, slightly more than usual, anyway). "Meanin' no disrespect, miss, but you don't look no more dead to me than that dude over there looks like Santa Claus."

Almost as soon as Bubba finished saying this, a kindly-looking, white-bearded gentlemen dressed as Santa Claus walked into the room.

"Well, smet."

For those who haven't read the books, smet is a "future curse" that J.C. uses.  :)

"Really?  Santa Claus? Aw, sme... uh... shoot.  You're gonna be just as bad as Ivy, ain't ya?" Bubba spit into his spit cup pensively. "I think I'm just gonna go talk to Bathroom for a little while."

Bubba knew, of course, that Ron's last name was "Lav," but he thought it was incredibly clever of himself to come up with the nickname "Bathroom" instead.  As he looked around, though, he saw that Ron wasn't actually in the White Room yet.  Probably because there are no shadows for him to hide in, Bubba thought.  He poked his head through the door of the White Room into the dimly-lit hallway.

"Hey Bathroom! Where you at? Come on in here!"

Din peeked back into the White Room. If anything, his trepidation had only grown, but strangely, so had his confidence. Oh, sure. He was shy and awkward around everybody else, but at least he wasn't insane. Not like some of the oddballs in there. So while their strangeness helped him find a sense of ease, their brash and confrontational demeanor was almost enough to send him into a panic.

But no. He promised himself that he would face his fears. For as long as he could remember, social situations had always brought him extreme bouts of anxiety.

Wait a minute, he paused with a thought. I can't actually remember any social situations I've ever been a part of. It was odd. He could remember always feeling uncomfortable around people, but he just couldn't recall any of those people in particular.

What am I even doing here? He thought suddenly, aghast. Had his anxiety gotten so bad, that it had shut out all other aspects of his life? Was that what he was doing here, in this place he couldn't remember going to, surrounded by these people he had no clue who they were, or where they came from?

He took a deep breath.

"I only know one thing. That I'm going to conquer my fears." He took a gigantic leap and a small step through the door of the White Room, drawing the attention of everybody present.

He gulped. "I'm Din." He said, barely above a whisper. Then before he panicked and bolted back out of the room, he shuffled over along the wall, working himself towards the corner and away from everybody's questioning eyes.

I'd like to reiterate that I know nothing about the books (but don't care about Spoilers!), so I hope my RP isn't too off, or hope my portrayal of some weird version of Social Anxiety isn't too much! But with that said, I'll officially sign up for this game! :D