Quick Fix Game 6: A Time of Nightmares

Herowannabe

At last, the time has come for:

Legion Quick Fix Rules

A Time of Nightmares

(rules put in spoiler tags in case you want to scroll past them)

This game will follow the normal rules for a Quick Fix game, as found in this post, with the following addendums:

Setting:
The game will take place in Stephen Leeds’ mansion, with Stephen, his butler Wilson, and all of his aspects present. The players will each be taking the role of one of Stephen’s aspects.

Character Creation:
When you create you character, please pick your name, description, and etc, but do NOT pick your area of specialty. This will be assigned to you by the GM before the game begins (see “Special Roles” below), and may or may not come with special abilities that can be used during the game.

You may pick your own mental illness, strictly for roleplaying purposes. However, a word of caution: please please please be respectful in how you roleplay any mental illness. Keep in mind that for the most part these will be real afflictions that many people in the world do suffer from, and while it might be “funny” to portray a character with Schizophrenia or Claustrophobia or the like, just remember that there are people out there, and very possibly on these forums, who do suffer from the illness you are portraying. Please do so respectfully. If you don’t feel like your roleplaying skills are up to that task, consider NOT picking an illness for you character and make it a non-issue. Thank you everyone in advance.

Posts, Personal Messages, and Docs:
All of these will be handled very differently than in previous games. Namely:
-Players are only allowed to make 1 post in the main thread per cycle, and the information they can post is very limited (see “The White Room)
-Open PMs between characters will NOT be allowed under normal circumstances. There will be special pre-arranged group PMs, as described below (see “All Other Rooms”).
-There will NOT be an evil-doc in this game, nor any other special ways for the Nightmare Aspects to communicate. They will be under all the same communication restrictions as other players.
-There will be a dead doc as per normal.

How then are we to play the game you ask? Let me explain.

The game is set in Stephen Leeds’ mansion, and will be spread across several “rooms,” as follows:

The White Room (Main thread):
The Main Thread that players typically post in will be replaced by the White Room- the one room where Stephen is able to visualize all of his Aspects together with any amount of stability. Because of the strain it puts on his subconscious mind, his Aspects are limited in how much information they can pass on.
Each cycle, players can post one and only one post in the White Room, and that post must be follow the following format: 

“I am voting for <player name>.
At the end of the day I wish to move to <room name>.”

Please use these colors (red for votes, purple for rooms, and green for redactions). The exact wording isn’t important, but any extra information, including explanations, smilies, ‘sorry’s, hidden white text, and etc. is not allowed in the White Room. If you decide to change your vote during the day, please do so by editing your original post and changing your old vote to green and/or striking it through, then posting your new vote. The same goes for room choices.

All Other Rooms (PMs):
There will be a number of other rooms in the mansion that Aspects can gather in to discuss, chat, strategize, plan, plot, conspire, and etc. The number of rooms will depend on the number of players that sign up, but there will be roughly 1 room for every 3-4 players. Each room will be handled via a group PM, that will be changed each cycle according to who is in the room.

At the beginning of the game each player will randomly be put in one room. At the end of each cycle, players can move to another room. They do this by announcing in the White Room which room they would like to move to at the end of that cycle. Each room can hold a maximum of 5 Aspects. If more than 5 Aspects try to move into a room, 5 of them will be randomly selected to enter the room and the rest will be assigned to the room(s) with the fewest number of Aspects in them.

Any players who do not submit a room choice during a cycle will be randomly distributed among the room(s) with the fewest Aspects for the next cycle. 

One more special rule for the different rooms: Special Abilities from your roles, can only be used to target an Aspect in the room you are currently in, unless stated otherwise. This also applies to Nightmare Aspect kill targets.

Special Roles:
The following are special roles that we will be using for the game:

Nightmare Aspects (the bad guys)
These are the bad guys. Their goal is to "lynch" Stephen Leeds, and they win when they can succeed in getting more votes on Leeds than anyone else. In addition, they can perform secret killings. Each cycle, a different member of the group PMs the GM and targets one player in the same room, and the results of the attack will be posted in the write up, as per usual. The Nightmare Aspect with the kill will be selected randomly until all of them have had one kill, then they will be randomly selected again until each has gone twice, and etc. 

Again, note that the Nightmare Aspects will not have access to a secret doc or any other special way of communicating with each other. They will be told who their fellow Nightmare Aspects are and which one of them has the Kill vote each cycle.

The Psychologist 
This is your traditional "Seeker" role. Once per cycle the Psychologist may PM the GM and target one other player in the same room. At the end of the cycle the Psychologist will be told via PM the target's role and alignment

The Bodyguard
This is your traditional "Lurcher" role. Once per cycle the Bodyguard can PM the GM and target one other player in the same room. The target player will be protected from the Nightmare Aspects' attack. The target will still be vulnerable to lynchings and deaths from other sources, such as the Demolitionist. 

The Bodyguard may target herself, but may not target the same person two nights in a row. 

The Demolitionist 
The Demolistionist can rig up boobytraps on a dead man's switch, set to go off if he dies. Once per cycle the Demolitionist can PM the GM and target one other player in the same room. If the Demolitionist dies this cycle then the boobytrap goes off, and her target is also killed. If the Demolitionist does not die this cycle, the boobytrap is automatically defused.

The Cryptologist
The Cryptologist is similar to the traditional "Tineye" role. Once per cycle, the Cryptologist can PM the GM with one and only one anonymous message, and instructions to send the message to the group as a whole, OR to one other player still alive. The other player does NOT need to be in the same room as the Cryptologist. At the end of the cycle, the GM will either post the message in the White Room as part of the write up or will send it to the target player in a PM, as appropriate. 

The Espionage Agent
The Espionage Agent can set up surveillance in another room. Once per cycle, the Espionage Agent can PM the GM and target one room other than the one she is in. At the end of the cycle, the GM will PM a transcript of everything that was said in that room to the Espionage Agent. 

The Matchmaker
Once and only once per game, the Matchmaker may PM the GM and target two players in the same room that the Matchmaker is in (The Matchmaker may target herself as one of the two targets). At the end of the cycle the targets form a bond of love (platonic or romantic) that transcends death (See the lovers, below). 

The Lovers
Once the Matchmaker has made her match, the (platonic or romantic) lovers are told who each other are, but their roles and factions are not revealed to each other. They may not vote for or act to kill each other for the rest of game. If one of the lovers is killed during the course of the game, the other lover is so stricken by grief that life isn't worth living anymore, and in the ultimate act of Shakespearean (platonic or romantic) love, takes his or her own life, too (In other words, if one lover is killed then they both die). The lovers' win condition is changed to simply surviving to the end of the game. If the lovers end up being on opposing factions, then they will eventually have to turn on their teammates to protect their love and survive to the end of the game.

Sign-ups are beginning now, and will tentatively end next Tuesday, depending on my work schedule and availability to start the game.

Cycles will typically begin at 10:00PM MST, and end at 8:00PM MST (the two hour window is to give me time to do the write up and create the right PM groups and everything).

So welcome everyone! Feel free to sign up and get started! For roleplaying purposes: The game begins at the New Years Eve Party at Stephen Leeds Mansion, happening in the White Room. Those present are Stephen, and all of his aspects (Wilson is home with his family for the Holiday).

Write ups:

Edited by Alvron

Player List

1 Clare Wintris (Winter Cloud)/ Asian girl who is convinced she's a ghost

2 Liam (Mailliw73)/ -

3 Bubba V (vineyarddawg)/ a southern redneck who's convinced that Stephen is actually a figment of his imagination

4 Jain (Lightsworn Panda)/a man paranoid about toy pandas

5 Herr Pifferd (Lord Pifferdo)/ a German man with an outrageously pompus Walrus mustache and PTSD.

6 Cheesy Rogers (Cheese United)/ the only aspect who isn't crazy.

7 Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)/ A nobleman with a penchant for playing pranks on those around him.

8 Ron Lav (Alvron)/ an agoraphobic

9 Din (Gamma Fiend)/ Not so good with crowds or new situations

10 JP (JasonPenguin)/ Believes he's Santa

11 Adrian Fox (Aonar Faileas)/ Chronologically impaired

12 Abe Smith (A Smart Guy)/ Always losing things

13 Joe (The Only Joe)/ Identity disorder. In other words, He doesn't know who he is, metaphysically speaking.

14 Mortimer Jennings (Antillar Maximus)/ -

15 Gerald "Snoopy" Hobbes (Snoopy)/ Convinced that the world is going to end and revert back to the Stone Age any day now, and is more than prepared for it.

16 Melvin (Metacognition)/ He's convinced he is Malphas the Destroyer. He's a teenager with a gothic complexion and is a kleptomaniac.

17 Hondren (Eolhondras)/ hypochondriac, but for other people.

18 Bernie Kassig (Kasimir)/ a Swiss man with detachment issues, and who thinks the world isn't real.

19 Lily Carter (Luckat)/ -

20 Roger De Bree / Alex Wunkel (Phattemer), a man with dissociative personality disorder and a man with dissociative personality disorder.

Edited by Herowannabe

Rule Clarifications

1. Moderator: I should note to whoever is moderating, I'll simply be adding you to all the PM groups so that you can see and moderate everything that needs moderation.

UPDATE: Welcome and a big thank you to Little Wilson as our moderator

2. Observers: due to the pm-group nature of this game, it probably won't be too exciting to follow just the main thread. All you'll see is a bunch of votes and then a writeup at the end of the day. :\ if anyone comes along and wants to watch, PM me and we'll work something out. Once the game is finished I will be posting transcripts of all of the PM groups for everyone to read, too.

UPDATE: I've decided that the best way to work this will be as follows: I will keep a record of all the PM groups in a google doc. If anyone wants to observe the game, PM me and let me know, and I will invite you into the google docs so that at the end of each cycle you can read everything that was discussed that cycle.

3. Questions for the GM: once the game gets started, if you have any pressing questions for me, please send them to me in a PM titled "QF6 Question" or some such. I'll see them and respond to them much quicker that way than if you post them in the PM groups.

4. Roles: "Nightmare Aspect" is considered to be a role in of itself. Thus, anyone who is a Nightmare Aspect will not have any other special roles, and anyone with a special role cannot be a Nightmare Aspect. The one exception is the "lover" role- which can be given to any player irregardless of role or faction.

5. Inactive Players: Hopefully we won't have to deal any of these, but it could certainly disrupt the PM-group nature of the game quite a bit if a few inactive players build up. Therefore, to deal with that: Stephen Leeds will start to grow suspicious of any Aspects who aren't contributing, and if too much time goes by he will eliminate them automatically. If any player doesn't post in the white room or in their PM group rooms for a span of 3 days, then they will be eliminated. I will give players warning before I do this though.

Edited by Herowannabe

:P

Clare was hanging in the ghost world when it happened. He was there. A presence. Clare was dead. Was this man dead too? Clare floated towards him, bouncing up and down on an astral wind. 

"Are you dead too?" She asked him, grinning. Stephen Leeds, the man who was her anchor in this world, had told her she wasn't dead multiple times. Clare doubted that. He was just a little crazy, Stephen. Being an anchor for so many ghosts must be hard. Clare's white puffy dress floated up and down

Yeah, you can vine. 

Cool, I'm Bubba V, a southern redneck who's convinced that Stephen is actually a figment of his imagination.  (Also, I'm only about 1/3 of the way through reading Legion... just started reading it when Hero announced this game was next.  So I apologize if anything I say isn't correct in-world.)

Dang it, Winter. You beat me. :P

Liam is signing up. We'll see if I get time for RP.

I just now realized for the first time that your name is "william" backwards ha ha.  :rolleyes: Welcome aboard!

Haha, yup. I thought it was obvious, but it surprises most people when I point it out. :P

Bubba sauntered into the room, casually put a plug of dip inside his bottom lip, and nodded towards Clare.  "Howdy there, miss. My momma named me Dale Earnhardt Junior the Fifth, on account'a bein' her fifth son, but you can call me Bubba Vee.  That shore is a nice poofy dress ya got there." 

"Dead?  Aw, heck, I ain't never been dead before, Miss Clare.  Don't see how as I'd like it much," Bubba responded. "No huntin'.  No fishin'. Wouldn't be much of a life." He chuckled to himself at what he imagined was his extremely clever joke. Then he glanced around to either side and leaned in closer, as if to share a secret.  "I will tell ya somethin', though. I got this imaginary friend that appears to me sometimes and talks to me.  Big sonofagun, too.  Says his name is Stephen."  

Cheesy Rogers has joined the party. Wait wrong game.

Cheesy Rogers is the only aspect who isn't crazy. And he'll make you very aware of that fact. Also, is it possible to change the color of your posts on mobile?

it is, but you have to manually type the HTML code for it. Personally, I use my iPhone so much that I programmed a bunch of keyboard shortcuts in so that I could change colors easily. They are as follows (without the *s)

blue [/color*]

EDIT: hmm... Apparently my color codes don't work anymore... I'll have to fix that.

Edited by Herowannabe

test

test

test

test

test

Edit:

@Cheesy: so something's just messed up with the above post. They worked fine here. Use this format:

[/color*]

(Without the *s)

For red put 255,0,0

For green put 0,255,0

For white put 255,255,255

Edit2: to mix colors, play around with the numbers just like mixing paint. The first number is the amount of red, the second is green, and the third is blue. for example: for purple try 255,0,255

Edited by Herowannabe