Wheel Of Time On Tv

HurinThalion

huh, that''s intersting. WEll, I assumed the lawsuit was ridiculous because I assumed harriet was telling the truth because she had no reason to lie. It is possible that  the studio brought a page out of the aes sedai book and "informed" her in a way that she would misunderstand, so that she was officially told about that episode even if she had no knowledge of it.

Or maybe she forgot (I suppose she has plenty of work meeting regarding the wot production rights), in which case she can claim it was an error in good faith from her part and retract the statement. I have no idea how that would result legally.

I thought the same thing, about the "informing" in a way that it is misunderstood. The problem with that possibility, though, is that Harriet went to their offices to discuss this, according to Manetheren. Moreover, she brought her attorney with her. I would like to think the attorney in charge of WoT has some wits and brains about them, no?

Her forgetting is totally possible, depending on how much interaction she had with her assistan/attorney prior to making the post. Retracting her statement would hopefully solve the issue, though Manetheren could ask for some "small" fee in addition to the retraction and an apology as a settlement for the law suit.

Anyway, she can at least say that the adaptation is crap without being liable for it.

In all technicallity, assuming Manetheren has documentation for everything in the "facts" list, she actually can't say negative things about the production without breaking the agreement. I was merely stating that the production being crappy plays no role in the law suit.

Nice analysis Blaze! After reading about the lawsuit i feared that the situation was about as you described it, but I hoped I was wrong.

The thing that keep my hopes down is that, as you said, Harriet and Manetheren's statements are directly contradictory, and it seems to me that both of them have no reason to risk and lie about things in public statements.

So if I had to bet on which one that made the literally true statement between:

1) a company who is in the middle of a legally legitimate but "morally" questionable move

2) a private citizen who maybe spoke in the heat of the moment.

If think I would bet on the first one.

Nice analysis Blaze! After reading about the lawsuit i feared that the situation was about as you described it, but I hoped I was wrong.

The thing that keep my hopes down is that, as you said, Harriet and Manetheren's statements are directly contradictory, and it seems to me that both of them have no reason to risk and lie about things in public statements.

So if I had to bet on which one that made the literally true statement between:

1) a company who is in the middle of a legally legitimate but "morally" questionable move

2) a private citizen who maybe spoke in the heat of the moment.

If think I would bet on the first one.

Exactly. A law suit is a bit drastic if Manetheren is just posturing. The fact that they went so far as a law suit tells me they have all the documentation I talked about. The question then becomes why Harriet would make a post with false information. Being an editor I highly doubt she's unaware of the legal consequences. So did she really not know Universal's claim ended last year around now? Even having gone to meet Sony and Radar employees regarding the matter? It's a very cloudy situation right now, and we barely have any information. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, though I've got a sinking feeling it's not going to go well for Harriet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think i finally understand what parents feel when they are forced to watch a truly awful school play....

What, the way that it just never ... seems ... to ... end...

Or possibly the way that there is that awful person that you just feel like screaming "Get out! I hate you! Never come back again!"

Or how about the "original" story which is just the same sad, old, depressing plotline you have seen in everything ever.

Also, why did it need to get delayed twice? I'm not familiar with law, but someone had an issue with the June date, couldn't they have just said so and saved everybody the trouble from negotiating a new date again. The only reason I can think that this would be done is if REE knows that it will fall through the moment it hits the courts, so they're just delaying the result and keeping Harriet's lawyers tied up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It's still only been optioned out. They might not get funding. Hate to be a downer like this, but it's the same with this as it is with all those other options that I want to make something of. Stormlight, Mistborn, Alcatraz and The Emperor's Soul have all been optioned, but it seems unlikely that anything will happen with them at this point.