Susebron abilities.

vertigo 1

We all know what anyone with the tenth heightening has instinctive knowledge of all awakening commands.

So exactly what could Susebron do and what could he not do? I would like to think that he could take a cape, rip it partway down the middle, and give it the commands "become for me wings and fly where I wilt"?

what other really cool cammands could somebody of the tenth heightening give?

The key to Awakening is visualising the command isn't it? In that case if you could visualise flying then I suppose it should be possible.

Would he also need to know how a bird flies? Because it's not as simple as flapping wings. Well it is for birds but for them it's instinctual. Humans have no such instincts. 

yeah... first, to reiterate, he's got instinctive knowledge of basic commands, so obscure ones won't automatically work.

Second, "flight" requires a lot more than just "something wing-shaped." Apart from the "knowing exactly how to move your wings to achieve flight" which has been brought up already, wings have specific shapes and compositions; different types of feathers grow at different sections of the wing, air travels above and below the wing in specific ways. Not to mention wingspan; a bird's wingspan is very big compared to the rest of their profile, and that's for something with hollow bones and a body designed for flight. Humans really, really aren't designed for flight. You'd need a wingspan WAY bigger than a ripped cloak to even start thinking about providing enough lift.

Even if you actually did construct fifteen feet wide, specially designed wings... I still feel like until you independently know how to fly, on your own, you cannot Command wings to do so. But I could be wrong.

Keep in mind that "instinctive knowledge of Command" doesn't mean instinctive knowledge of the thought behind it; it's referencing the fact that the commands themselves have to be specific. It's mentioned briefly in the book, I believe, but it doesn't come up often, that your visualization could be perfect; if you use the wrong vocabulary, nothing will happen. For reasons we don't yet understand, some words work as Commands, and some don't. The "Instinctive Knowledge" is, if you get the visualization right, you instinctively know which words to use to turn it into a Command. I believe, at least.

• Chaos locked this topic