Reality Bomb/Generator [spoilers]

Sirce Luckwielder

In Firefight there was something cut from Obliteration to make the bomb that almost destroyed Babylar. I was wondering if all Epics had this thing that could be used to manipulate their powers. If so, we could have made a teleportation device from Sourcefield, or a shield generator from Prof.

Or a reality generator from Megan.

Since Megan's powers show different realities and can bring objects from other realities into ours (her clothes when she is reborn at the end of the book), I wonder if her powers can be taken to create a device that can manipulate reality. This could basically give you the ability to know what will happen. Maybe in another reality a heist by the good guys goes off ten minutes sooner and looking into that reality the bad guys get wind of the plan with the reality machine and are able to foil it. I am not sure if this is at all feasible, but I think it could potentially be a plot point. Since Megan's powers are more than the standard illusions created by other Epics, I am inclined to think that Brandon has more in store than her resurrections. Her reality will have some part to play in the next book, I think.

Any thoughts from the masses on this?

Edited by Sirce Dawnwielder

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty clear from the book that you can reverse-engineer Epic powers into a device from the mitochondrial DNA of any epic, and that they do not need to be harmed in any way to do this. So yeah, you could totally make a device for Firefight's powers.

It's pretty clear from the book that you can reverse-engineer Epic powers into a device from the mitochondrial DNA of any epic, and that they do not need to be harmed in any way to do this. So yeah, you could totally make a device for Firefight's powers.

It's actually not clear if any amount of mitochondrial DNA is enough to make tech. Regalia employed an expert surgion to get the materials out of Obliteration, which seems needlesly much work if any amount of DNA is enough. Although, it could be that the amount of power the device can siphon relates to the amount of DNA.

Naturally, that doesn't mean one couldn't make a device out of Firefight, it just probably wouldn't be very strong.

• 4 weeks later...

Regalia employed the surgeon on Obliteration, and wasn't there a comment somewhere about the procedure "usually killing the Epic"?  Seems like a non-trivial amount of material is needed to make tech (or maybe that's only for powerful tech??)

I also wonder what they're taking out. Is it something specific, or do they just need a certain amount of tissue or a certain amount of mitochondria in the cells they're taking?  They are the "powerhouse" of cells after all, and it would make a certain sense that having more of them in your device would equal a more powerful device.

That also seems weird though - what is actually inside the device's motivator?  Whatever they're taking out of the Epic?  A copy?

• Chaos locked this topic