The Root Beer Bar

Brightness Random twisted her head around, looking for the source of the voice. "Snoopy? ...You guys did hear that, right? I'm not going crazy?"

She looked to the others, than paused, thinking over the words. "Wait half a moment, I can't be head of the bar! I barely joined over a week ago!" she shook her head, "No! I mean, I don't think I'm qualified to...."  If I take over, she thought, I can keep things from shutting down!

"You know what? I've changed my mind. I'll follow Snoopy's wishes and head this bar."  Having made that official declaration, she looked around at the empty room. "I suppose that really just means I'm head of an empty building... annnnnd now I'm in charge of making sure the floor gets mopped. Wonderful..."

Good to know.

Screwloose raised an eyebrow at the disembodied voice then turned back to Brightness Random.

"Looks like you've got a bar to run."

"Anyway I guess I have time for a drink and a chat. You were asking about the cave situation? I'm a provisional member of the Pack of the Cosmere and being Wolves they all live out in a cave in the forests. Decent enough place to set up a workshop although it's a pain getting supplies delivered from Newcago. Still it means i'm rarely interrupted whilst working."

Slight edit due to getting ninja'd

Edited by Screwloose

"Oh! You're with Winter, then?" Brightness exclaimed, pouring out two mugs of root beer, "She's great! I've actually been commissioned to make a coat of arms for you guys.... The Pack of the Cosmere, that is. Though I've not been able to do any more than sketch a few designs, what between schoolwork and all the chaos here at the Bar..." She set a mug on the table for Screwloose, then took a swig from her own mug. "Any requests on the design? It's still fairly fluid."

"Thanks but if Winter's the one who requested it i'll leave the decisions to her. I wouldn't want to make her angry, I kinda like my throat were it is if you get what I mean." Screwloose took a sip of his drink. "Not bad, the panda might have made the right move choosing you, you can certainly pour a mug of root beer. Honestly, some places its all head."

Brightness blushed at the complements. "I-It's really not that hard, guys," she stuttered, "Anyone can pour root beer!" Time to change the topic, she thought to herself, "But I do know what you mean, Screwloose. Winter can be scary at times...." Things lulled into a silence for a moment, so the duchess found herself talking again, if only to fill the quiet. "So er... what do you work on over in the cave?"

Thanks for the support, Elsa! I think the Bar's fine as of now, but it's visitors we need, not workers. :P 

That would be wonderful, Elsa. Maybe a bit later in the week? I'm planning on selling root beer AND coats of arms here, but it could take a while to get everything sorted out on this end. I don't think we're in danger of closing down immediately, but a formal proclamation would be very useful. Thanks again for the support!

As official "oh yeah... Him... Yeah, he's um... He has a nice...um... Well,he's a person" type guy of the Root Beer bar, I would like to announce that we are neglecting a huge opportunity here at the bar: the opportunity to host a "farewell" party for Snoopy. And we can have root beer, and cake, and pizza... Yum

*Insert horneater accent* This party, it would be wonderful, no?

*Back to normal now* First rate idea, Cheese, I wholeheartedly approve. I'll start writing some more root beer poetry... :D

Sorry I've not been able to get back to any of you for a bit. It feels like I'm in a full-blown war, trying to combat homework, and losing terribly. However, I will lend any extra time I find to this most worthy cause. :D

That would be wonderful, Elsa. Maybe a bit later in the week? I'm planning on selling root beer AND coats of arms here, but it could take a while to get everything sorted out on this end. I don't think we're in danger of closing down immediately, but a formal proclamation would be very useful. Thanks again for the support!

Finished my endorcement for the Root Beer Bar. Hope you enjoy :D

*The camera zooms into Newcago Castle and then zooms into Queen Elsa’s throne room with Queen Elsa sitting on the throne*

“Hello! For those of you that do not know me, My name is Queen Elsa Steelheart, queen and ruler of the Newcago Court.”

*picks up a root beer can*

“And I’m here to tell you all about the fantastic Root Beer at the Root Beer Bar. Run with excellent service fit for royalty, the Root Beer Bar is really quite terrific.

As the only award-winning Root Beer Bar in the Lands of the Seventeeth Shard, they certainly set the bar extremely high for their opponents!

Not only do they have amazing Root Beer, they also will deliver it to you in no time flat, with no charge for shipping. What excellent timing and convenience!

And with the Root Beer party on the way, There’s things you certainly don’t want to miss out on, only at the Root Beer Bar!

So, if you want to taste incredible Root Beer, just like me, Queen Elsa Steelheart, Come down to the Root Beer Bar! It’s something you won’t regret.

And remember: "People from near and far, always stop by the Root Beer Bar!"

*Camera zooms out, revealing Queen Elsa drinking a can of Root Beer*

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

I have officially decided that I will no longer conquer the world by stealing your powers, Queen Elsa. We need your commercials so we can have enough money to make a 24-karat gold statue of a root beer mug. And I am a changed man. You should let me out of that bag now, so I can show you how much of a new man I am. I was a misguided youth.

"Well.

Let me tell you. I swear on not only my life, but on my pizza stash. I have a warehouse full of pizza boxes, and if I am lying, let the Stormfather strike it (and me) down with a highstorm. And considering that my plans to conquer the world take to the forefront of my mind when I don't have pizza in me, that's not an oath I make lightly. Yeah, still not too happy with the Nightwatcher on that one"

"Alright, everyone, listen up!" Brightness called, climbing up onto a table, "As of tomorrow, March 1st, the Root Beer Bar will be holding a celebration. It will be a grand, month long, root beer themed, going away party for Snoopy, our honorable founder. I don't know if he'll be able to attend, but we'll have a party anyway." the duchess paused, frowning to herself. "Not that we'll be celebrating the fact that Snoopy's gone," she clarified, "just celebrating his time here with us and recognizing his accomplishments. Hmm, but that sounds more like a funeral.... Okay, well anyway, it's all March long and we'll have lots of delicious root beer."

She stepped down from the table onto a chair, then sat down on the tabletop, mug of root beer in hand. "Have any of you guys tried root beer on snow or shaved ice?" Brightness asked, taking a sip, "It's delicious."