The Root Beer Bar

Kipper

I should have mentioned that the other worst thing about being homeschooled is meeting other homeschoolers. The conversation inevitably turns to trying to one-up the other's smartness...

Oh, well. This is why I don't usually all about it. I'll keep my lips sealed.

And I definitely won't say anything about how I'm going to graduate high school with a bachelor's degree.

Heh. Heh. In my defense, he started it. You all saw that, right? That was not me.

Snoopy, I'm glad you're not saying anything about your PhD in neurosurgery that you're graduating with half way through your 11th grade year, as that would make me feel both one upped, and nervous about the new direction the DA is taking. :P

I'm completely serious about the one-up thing. No joke. You did it, as I expected would happen. Homeschoolers always do have a better sense of humor than others. No apologies to the hordes of public-schooled people that view this thread.

We currently have no plans to branch out into neurosurgery. Funny that you should say that...

It is finished! The Newcago Royalty coat of arms has arrived!

Newcago%2Bcoat%2Bof%2Barms.jpg

I guess I'll walk you all through it...

At the top we have a laughing kookaburra, over a banner that says "Delightful and Elsa Steelheart". Below that is Elsa's crown from Frozen hovering above a knight's helmet. Around the helmet are chocolates and snowflakes, along with some mantling. The shield has the Frozen snowflake, an Australian flag, a koala, and the 17th shard logo. The shield supporters are a chained emu and a kangaroo (it's a grey kangaroo, for any of you who were wondering). The bottom banner says "Newcago Royalty" and there are two shardblades beneath it (these are from page 513 of Words of Radiance. The wavy blade is Firestorm, king Gavilar's shardblade).

The piece is 9 by 12 inches and done in pen.

I think that's everything. :)

What do you all think?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! FANTASTIC JOB!!!!

Seriously, its actually amazing. 

"Duchess Brightness Random, Consider this a promotion. You are now the duchess and Royal Emblem Mistress of Newcago Court."

Does anyone know how I can get this in my signature?? :)

1. Right-click image

2. Click "open image" or "view image" or "view image in New tab".

3. When you've got a tab with just the picture, copy the link.

4. Go to your Sig and put [img*]http://www.whatevertheURLofthepicturewas.com[/img*]

(Except don't put the asterisks. I just put those there to keep it from closing. Make sure you have the slash in the last one, though.)

5. Enjoy your natty new sig. You may want to spoil out the picture, otherwise someone will complain about your signature being too long.

Edit: That, at least, is how I would do it on mobile. I almost never use desktop, but I'm pretty sure I remember there being a dedicated Image button on the full editor. That could solve your problem more effectively, methinks. I just don't know how to use it.

Edited by Snoopy

"Duchess Brightness Random, Consider this a promotion. You are now the duchess and Royal Emblem Mistress of Newcago Court."

"Thank you, your majesty." Brightness said, bowing low. She was slightly stunned at this turn of events- Her? Royal Emblem Mistress?- but she was glad that her little drawings could make people happy. "If you'd like, your highness, I could add color to it. I don't know that I'll have time this week, or even next week, but I would love to have the chance to go through and color it in." :)

Edited by Brightness Random

You could probably just put some common statements in your sig.

#1. "She was slightly stunned."

#2. "She blushed, embarrassed."

Then, when you want to say them, you can just put "#1" or "see #1" instead of writing out the whole thing. This would give you more time to be stunned/embarrassed, whichever it happened to to be.

"Thank you, your majesty." Brightness said, bowing low. She was slightly stunned at this turn of events- Her? Royal Emblem Mistress?- but she was glad that her little drawings could make people happy. "If you'd like, your highness, I could add color to it. I don't know that I'll have time this week, or even next week, but I would love to have the chance to go through and color it in." :)

I would love to see that, but its okay if you don't have a chance. Only when you can :)

And Thanks Snoopy :), but it came up with 'you are not allowed to use that extension on this community'

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

It is finished! The Newcago Royalty coat of arms has arrived!

Newcago%2Bcoat%2Bof%2Barms.jpg

I guess I'll walk you all through it...

At the top we have a laughing kookaburra, over a banner that says "Delightful and Elsa Steelheart". Below that is Elsa's crown from Frozen hovering above a knight's helmet. Around the helmet are chocolates and snowflakes, along with some mantling. The shield has the Frozen snowflake, an Australian flag, a koala, and the 17th shard logo. The shield supporters are a chained emu and a kangaroo (it's a grey kangaroo, for any of you who were wondering). The bottom banner says "Newcago Royalty" and there are two shardblades beneath it (these are from page 513 of Words of Radiance. The wavy blade is Firestorm, king Gavilar's shardblade).

The piece is 9 by 12 inches and done in pen.

I think that's everything. :)

What do you all think?

This is just. Absolutely gorgeous.

I am mind blown.

Thank you for this piece of pure awesomeness.

I would love to see that, but its okay if you don't have a chance. Only when you can :)

And Thanks Snoopy :), but it came up with 'you are not allowed to use that extension on this community'

Huh. Did you use the button or type it in manually, as in my example?

If you're on desktop, it's in the toolbar. Looks like a rectangle colored like a window, sort of. I don't really know how to use it, though. I'm afraid my knowledge runs out there.

Okay. I'll try that. Thanks for all the help :) :) : )

Going to test the button out on here before I put it in a sig

Newcago%2Bcoat%2Bof%2Barms.jpg[[

Edit: It works!! :D Thanks so much again :)

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

You could probably just put some common statements in your sig.

#1. "She was slightly stunned."

#2. "She blushed, embarrassed."

Then, when you want to say them, you can just put "#1" or "see #1" instead of writing out the whole thing. This would give you more time to be stunned/embarrassed, whichever it happened to to be.

Brightness Random looked to Snoopy, (see #1) by his ridiculous comments.

"If you prefer, Snoopy," she told him, "I could be a Fullborn/Master-of-all-10-surges/10th-heightening-Awakener/Master-Forger, but I felt that we already have enough variations on that theme floating around the 17th Shard. I prefer to contrast with others and their confidence. Also, it's lots of fun to write. Not to mention-"

(see #2). "I'm sorry, that kind of broke the 4th wall, didn't it..." Pausing, she shook her head to herself. "No. The Root Beer Bar is a place where people can RP or just be themselves. I do suppose that would have been okay..."

She looked back to Snoopy. "Forget that. Look, I don't need your high headed confidence, as I'm a perfectly good, easily startled, easily embarrassed, root beer loving, poetry writing, emblem designing lighteyed lady and that's that."

"Besides..." she said, almost to herself, "it would have to be at least 10 words apiece to make it worth putting it in my sig..."

Brightness sighed to herself, slouching over for a moment before perking back. "I've just remembered my brilliant idea!" she announced. She hurried across the room and sat down on Snoopy's table, a few feet down from his mug of root beer. "Hey, Snoopy!" she said in a sing-song voice, "I've just remembered my brilliant idea!"