The Root Beer Bar

Kipper

@Lindel, I think that's about everything. That's a surprisingly good summery of the last few pages. :P

@Winter, I'd love to! I'm having a lot of fun drawing these. It might not get finished until late next week (I'm drowning in homework), but I think it would be great to do some more. Any other symbols you'd like in the coat of arms? The more material I have to work with, the better. :)

By the way, does anyone want some root beer? It seems we've gotten a bit off topic....

It's difficult to stay strictly on topic when the entire purpose of the thread is discussing a sugary brown beverage and drinking it in excessive quantities. Even if said brown beverage is exceptionally delicious. 

*Takes a swig from my mug of root beer* 

Besides, what better place than a bar for delightfully tangential conversation? 

I can't believe you've never heard that. You didn't have to put that last part in, though.

Phonetically, it sounds somewhat like , "Duh-doom-tsch."

Here's a really good one:

What happens when two drums and a cymbal roll down a hill?

*cue drum sting*

Here's a really good one:

What happens when two drums and a cymbal roll down a hill?

*cue drum sting*

I've heard that one before, Snoopy, and it's awful, even in person. *shakes head to self*  ...such bad jokes...

Actually, I heard it in band, so there was a real live percussionist there to play the drum sting. I also learned this joke, which amuses my younger siblings to no end: "Why did the plane crash?"  "Why?" "Because the pilot was a loaf of bread!"

Cue drum sting and puzzled looks. Bow and exit.

By the way, it does seem that time has run out on me. I have 10 hours of homework due Tuesday, and I'm busy all day tomorrow. So honestly, I shouldn't be here, but writing my paper in the other tab...

(On an entirely different note, I was just on a video call and so now I can't stop smiling. You know, just sitting here with a polite smile on my face, nodding my agreement to people's thoughts. I should really be done with this, but even now that I'm off the call and on 17th Shard, I'm still smiling and nodding at people's posts. Why?!)

Edited by Brightness Random

I always laugh when people tell me about their "massive loads of homework"

So, here you are: HAHAHAHHOOHOOOOHAHAHEEEHEEEEEHO!

I'm homeschooled, so I never have homework due the next day (because it's all homework).

It also explains why I'm so much smarter than all of you peeps. (Before you get the idea of me as one of those typical homeschoolers that don't have a life, well, just don't get that idea. I HATE that.)

One of my other favorite jokes is this:

Why did the baby cross the road?

Because he was stapled to a chicken!

Edit: Actually, I normally smile, nod, and commiserate with people that have homework, because I don't want them to know that I'm homeschooled. There's a surprising amount of prejudice against us. On the inside, though, I laugh.

Edited by Snoopy

Ah ha! You're one of those homeschoolers who doesn't have a life! I should have realized! :P

Okay Mister Fancy-Shmancy, Don't-Stereotype-Me, Homeschooler, how's this? I've never been public schooled, and I started doing online schooling a few years back. Always homeschooled before that, though, and I could argue that I still am, as I do everything from home. Before you laugh too hard at my piles of work, keep in mind that I'm taking several collage level classes, alright? You can laugh when I graduate from high school with my associate's, but right now I have an essay to write, okay? ;)

On a lighter-hearted note, I am that typical homeschooler with "no life".

That joke was worse than the first, I think. :wacko:

Bad jokes are an art, though, so have another bad joke:

What would happen if everyone in the country bought a pink car?

We'd have a pink carnation!

Edited by Brightness Random

I should have mentioned that the other worst thing about being homeschooled is meeting other homeschoolers. The conversation inevitably turns to trying to one-up the other's smartness...

Oh, well. This is why I don't usually all about it. I'll keep my lips sealed.

And I definitely won't say anything about how I'm going to graduate high school with a bachelor's degree.