Root%2BBeer%2Bcoat%2Bof%2Barms.jpg

This is just a sketch,

But I felt we needed a start.

What do you all think?

(What are our colors?

May I assume brown is one?

A deep root beer brown...)

That. Is. Amazing.

Could you possible draw one for a Newcago Royalty coat of arms for me and Delightful? (Maybe something with Kangaroos?)

I wish I could draw like you :)

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

That. Is. Amazing.

Could you possible draw one for a Newcago Royalty coat of arms for me and Delightful? (Maybe something with Kangaroos?)

I would be honored, your majesty!

What would you like on your Newcago Royalty coat of arms? (Ideally, I'd like 2-3 animals to work with, 3-5 symbols- Snowflakes? Books? - and a few days to do the drawing. :D )

I would be honored, your majesty!

What would you like on your Newcago Royalty coat of arms? (Ideally, I'd like 2-3 animals to work with, 3-5 symbols- Snowflakes? Books? - and a few days to do the drawing. :D )

Some ideas I have are: Kangaroos, A snowflake or a shard blade, Emus or any Australian animals, or a couple types of different snowflakes, or chocolate :)

Pick and choose anyone of those ideas, whichever is easiest for you :)

I greatly look forward to seeing the coat of arms! :)

Queen Elsa, The Newcago Royalty coat of arms is just about done! All that's left is the crest and top mantle. :D

Root Beer Bar, in other news... Here's a poem!

Root beer,

What else could compare with

Such exquisite deliciousness?

The mug in my hand is

Filled to the brim with bubbles.

Reading the lines backwards, it says,

Filled to the brim with bubbles,

The mug in my hand is

Such exquisite deliciousness.

Root beer?

It should be mentioned that unless we are talking about the piano (upon which I am a virtuoso), the poetry of Robert Frost (which I love), or the painting of Albrecht Dürer (which I also love), I am utterly out of my depth when facing an artist such as yourself.

Once again, fantasmic job!

Edited by Snoopy

Queen Elsa, The Newcago Royalty coat of arms is just about done! All that's left is the crest and top mantle. :D

Root Beer Bar, in other news... Here's a poem!

Root beer,

Such exquisite deliciousness?

The mug in my hand is

Filled to the brim with bubbles.

Reading the lines backwards, it says,

Filled to the brim with bubbles,

The mug in my hand is

Such exquisite deliciousness.

Root beer?

It sounds amazing. I really am looking forward to seeing it! :D great poem, by the way, :)

Thank you, one and all, for your kind words. I'm just glad to have a place to put random poetry about soda... :D

Cheese, you say you want 59 more of these? *copies and pastes poem 59 times* There you are, my good man.

Snoopy, you play the piano?! I never would've pegged you as the type.... I play piano too! Constantly, in fact. (Note: this is another one of my "facts".  Exceptions to this fact do exist...)

That rabbit is insanely adorable... So adorable, in fact, that I will sue for peace, put aside our dispute from yesterday and assume that this:

Once again, fantasmic(???) job!

was your noble attempt to emulate Shakespeare and contribute to the English language. :P

...Where was I? The Root Hare, yes... I love and appreciate it! Lean, whiskery, and root beer colored. Perfect!

The funny thing is, I was just considering getting a rabbit as my Hazekiller companion, so I think I may have to go with your rabbit now... *picks up rabbit, placing it in lap* Yes, thank you...

Snoopy, you play the piano?! I never would've pegged you as the type.... I play piano too! Constantly, in fact. (Note: this is another one of my "facts". Exceptions to this fact do exist...)

I play piano too! :D (nice to see another piano player on the forum) I've been playing for about 11 years. How long have you been playing for? Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

I play piano too! :D (nice to see another piano player on the forum) I've been playing for about 11 years. How long have you been playing for?

Hah... Hah.. yes... I've played for about 4 years now. (That feels slightly less impressive now.) That's incredible that you've played so long! What kind of music do you like to play?

I've been doing grades and exams two years after I started, I'm on Grade 6  out of 8 total grades now, so I usually play classical pieces but I do have a book with all the Frozen songs in it that I like to play. (Especially Let it go :D)

My favourite piece is one of Beethoven's first movement in one of his sonatas

(this one) I can play most of it, but not as good as the person in the video here.

What stuff do you like to play and do you do grades?

11 years of piano has definitely not been easy, but its so worth it.

I've played for about 10.5 years, since I was six.

I have not done any grades, and to be honest, I'd never heard of them until a couple weeks back.

I like jazz most of all. It is very near and dear to my heart. But I do classical music sometimes, I occasionally do weddings, really whatever my teacher says. (And I play everything from Peanuts and Pride and Prejudice, two movies that I absolutely love)

Currently, I'm attempting to learn this song, but it is insanely hard. Took me two weeks to get those first couple runs down.

@Brightness, I'm not sure what type you pegged me as, and even less sure that I want to know. Didgeridoo? Bassoon?

And, I'm telling you, don't listen to your art teachers! They're probably all like, "Rembrandt is the best! We love Rembrandt! He's so amazing, and hunky, and awesome!" No. It's all about Dürer.

Edited by Snoopy

Wow! Snoopy and Elsa, you two are incredible! Nice work sticking with the piano!

It seems we should have a piano/classical music guild... Music lovers unite!

Although I feel considerably less accomplished as a pianist now, in the grand tradition of the root beer guild, I will now link to the song I'm working on memorizing...  (Though this is the composer playing... I'm not quite this good yet. :D )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUiS_tbve6g

@Elsa, I too like playing classical music and movie music. Have a digital high five! I'd actually never heard of piano grades until you mentioned them. Although I have now conducted a Google search, so I'm quite the expert now. :P

Should I post the coat of arms in Newcago when it's finished? Would that interrupt the RPing? Or should I post it just over here, where we've been talking about it?

@Snoopy, I hadn't decided what I pegged you as quite yet, but now that I've put a little thought into it, you seem most like a trombone. (I sit next to them in my band. You're a trombone. Not a bassoon.)(...Annnnd now I'm over here really hoping you don't actually play the bassoon. Great.)

I highly doubt my art teacher is about to tell me Rembrandt is so "amazing, and hunky, and awesome" as a.) We're currently studying Van Gogh, b.) we mostly look at contemporary artists, c.) he's a guy.  Nonetheless, I'll take your word for it. "Go Dürer!"

Edited by Brightness Random

Oh dear. What does that say about me, if I were a trombone? My very life is shaken to the core now.

As to your other points...

a.) Did you hear the one about Van Gogh? Neither did he!

b.) That's a travesty tragedy (I barely caught my misuse of that word, but I left it in, so the world can laff). The only contemporary off the top of my head that I like is the painting of the Campbell's soup can.

c.) No comment.

@Snoopy, so you don't play bassoon? ...I would say "good", but the world needs more bassoons (I'd say that's the one way they're like Cosmere books: the world needs more of both).

As to your other points...

a.) At this time I would like to direct you to WoR, page 343. (Read as much as you like. In case you were wondering, I'm Shallan.)

b.) This is a tragedy. Mostly because contemporary art is incredibly interesting, but also because I, by definition, am a contemporary artist. I rather think I will go cry myself to sleep now, as you apparently think all my drawings and paintings, only one of which you have seen, are "events causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe". That made feel really good about myself, Snoopy, thank you.

c.) *laffs maniacally*

(I know I sued for peace, but really?! It takes only one more letter to spell it in the conventional manner. Defend your motives well, little panda, and I will not press this point.)

Edited by Brightness Random

I should have said Modern Art.

The stuff where it's just a slash on a canvas. One brush stroke. Two drops of paint. I don't like that stuff. I like art to say something. Didn't mean to disparage yours.

Edit: Have my boots.

Edited by Snoopy

It is finished! The Newcago Royalty coat of arms has arrived!

Newcago%2Bcoat%2Bof%2Barms.jpg

I guess I'll walk you all through it...

At the top we have a laughing kookaburra, over a banner that says "Delightful and Elsa Steelheart". Below that is Elsa's crown from Frozen hovering above a knight's helmet. Around the helmet are chocolates and snowflakes, along with some mantling. The shield has the Frozen snowflake, an Australian flag, a koala, and the 17th shard logo. The shield supporters are a chained emu and a kangaroo (it's a grey kangaroo, for any of you who were wondering). The bottom banner says "Newcago Royalty" and there are two shardblades beneath it (these are from page 513 of Words of Radiance. The wavy blade is Firestorm, king Gavilar's shardblade).

The piece is 9 by 12 inches and done in pen.

I think that's everything. :)

What do you all think?