The Root Beer Bar

Kipper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well guys, I'm back, under a new name. Feel free to upvote this post 800 or so times to get me back to my previous rep level. Unfortunately, since I can't get access to my Snoopy profile anymore, I will have to create a new member list here. :(

Ah well...it's good to be back. Very good. The atmosphere is great, the root beer bubbly, and all is well in my life.

"Hey! Snoo- I mean Kipper! You're back!" Brightness exclaimed, appearing from what had previously appeared to be simply a giant pile of homework. Wading out from the mountain of assignments, the sleep deprived girl reached for a mug. "Here, want some root beer? I'm going to assume you want some root beer, since you came here..."

After groggily pouring a mug, she held it out to her former boss. "Here you go, Kip-" she paused for a moment, staring in confusion.  "Are you a fish now?"

"If I were a fish," Kipper demanded, "How would I have walked in here?"

He took the mug swiftly and tilted it up. Just look at this place! A couple months, and...just...wow.

"To answer your question more fully, no, I am not a fish. I am, however, a kandra. Unfortunately, some of my previous body's bones were broken, so I had to get a new one. But now I'm back." Kipper walked around the bar, inspecting the counters and tables for cleanliness. We're gonna have to do some work to get this place up and running. "Brightness," he queried, "are you all alone here? Where are all the guild members?"

"I don't know!" Brightness said in exasperation, tossing up her arms, "Maybe you teleported in! If you hadn't exactly noticed, I wasn't awake and things around here are by no means normal. And have you always been a kandra? Or did you just announce that and blow your cover?"

She sighed, brushing some dust and cobwebs off one of the once clean tables with her gloved hand before seating herself there. "I feel like true friends shouldn't keep their kandra-ship from each other." she said, pouting.

After a moment of thought, she continued her rambling. "I think I'm alone here... Never know what's hiding in the back rooms, lights haven't turned on since I forgot to pay the electric bill, but I think the garnet chips work just fine out here. No one really comes by anymore. I think they're all off fighting in the War for Vengeance. The Parshendi, under direction of Rayse of course, attacked the Court on multiple occasions, and so we declared war. Everyone keeps getting possessed and attacking each other. It's weird. I just stay in here and make sure to lock the door at night."

Edited by Brightness Random

"Well, if you knew I was kandra from the beginning, we might not have ever become friends, yes?" Kipper cocked his head to one and spread his hands to the sides.

In implementing this carefully orchestrated pose, Kipper never saw the paint coming.

SPLASH! Brightness, with a exasperated look on her face, unloaded an entire can of bright pink paint on Kipper. "Idiot," she hissed. He stood there like a fish out of water, gasping for air. His clothes, now weighed down by the coral substance, hung from him. "Well...I suppose I deserved that," Kipper glumly said. "I really haven't been around as much as I should have." He turned and looked at the wall. On it was emblazoned a silhouette of Kipper, with his head cocked and arms splayed out to the sides. Pink paint surrounded the image. "Huh. Nice. HEY," Kipper exclaimed as a thought struck him, "Why did you have that pink paint in the bar?! What new decór have you put up?!" He strode up to counter in a rush, the paint forgotten.

Black = Kipper

Green = Brightness Random

Edited by Kipper

Brightness watched as he rushed off, leaving a dripped trail of pink across the floor. "I didn't paint anything other than canvas!" She muttered to herself with a frown. Aaaand now the floor needs to be mopped again. Storming wonderful. she thought with exasperation. Looking back up at the wall with it's bright silhouette, she inspected the pose Kipper had made.

She never would have guessed her boss was anything other than human. It seemed he played the part well. But whose bones was he wearing, and why did he seem to have exactly the same personality? He doesn't have to be on a contract to go out, she reminded herself, he could just be himself. Things have changed since you last visited Scadrial. Still, it was difficult not to be at least slightly suspicious.

"I need to think about this." Brightness decided, fastening her cloak. "Away from here." Hoping her boss would think to wipe up the paint before it dried, she slipped out the door and into the sunlight.

Kipper practically bounced down the stairs and rushed through the brewery halls, searching for any pink rooms. Why the sparks did she have pink paint? Then he remembered the art room. Oh. I severely overreacted. Here I've been gallivanting off on adventures, and the first thing I do is get mad...

Kipper wearily trudged back up the stairs, only to find Brightness gone, not even a note left behind. Ah well. She'll be back, I hope. He got a bucket of Root Beer scented bleach and began to scrub the floor. Noting that it provided a certain avant-garde element to the Bar, Kipper left the pink-rimmed silhouette where it was.

As the day stretched into night, Kipper seated himself at a bar stool and began to mull over newand exciting plans for the Bar.

Join the Bar and do some RP with us!

• 7 months later...

From a darkened, forgotten corner of the bar, Brightness Random appears and steps forward, carrying several mugs of root beer. Smiling, she surveys the disused room and its occcupants.

"Welcome, CarolaDavar, to the Root Beer Bar," she said dramatically, before abruptly switching to a more normal tone. "Huh. That rhymed. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Brightness Random, Head Bard of root beer and occasionally the head of the Bar itself, depending on what mood Kipper's in. Want a mug of pure deliciousness?" She asked.

Turning to warriormark16, Brightness nodded in agreement, saying, "I give her full credit for thread necromancy. This place hasn't been active for what... a year now?

"Not to say I didn't miss it, of course, but this did come as a bit of a surprise." She turned back to CarolaDavar. "So you want to join the Bar? We're fine with spren here, so long as they don't cause too much trouble."

Edited by Brightness Random

Brightness smiled and pointed to the side of the room, which was crumbling from neglect. "The fourth wall," she shrugged, "it's not doing so well. I do try, but this place has been out of commission for a long time. I should probably fix it at some point, it gets terribly drafty..."

She blinked suddenly, turning to warriormark. "I suppose introductions are in order, either way, as we never had any. I'm Brightness Random, of course, though I suppose you know that."

Brightness gave a long-suffering smirk. "Own the place? Nah, it depends on the day, honestly. No, I'm deputy manager while our esteemed leader is off gallivanting somewhere. I just welcome anyone who stops in, serve soda, attempt to keep the floors mopped, and occasionally write root beer poetry or something. I am Head Bard of root beer, you know. Won the title in a haiku duel."

She leapt up to sit on a nearby table, feet propped on the bench, and tool a long swig of root beer. "Care for a mug?" she asked, "Wait, no, I'm getting ahead of myself. You never formally introduced yourself."

"oh pardon my bad manners" Warriormark said with a ridiculous bow "I am sir Warriormark, Knightblood of the first order, questioner of the DA, the real GBiz, and he who has all the answers." he stood up straight, "at least, I was the last time I checked, I was once known as Ookla the insensitive, but that is something I'd rather not go into."

Edited by warriormark16

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir Warriormark." Brightness replied, giving an equally ridiculous bow from atop her table. "Now that we're formally introduced, please, take a seat and help yourself to the root beer." She gestured for him to sit, though whether on the table or the bench beside the table was rather unclear.

"The... Knightbloods. That's a newer clan, isn't it? What can you tell me about them?"

"Well..." he drifted off. "its kinda hard to explain, but basically we wander the shard, slaying evil, using talking swords that give really bad advice." he grimaced. that didn't make them sound particularly sane. "We also participate in theories and the Rps,"

that didn't help. 

"uhhh" he said after a few seconds of silence "Its kinda weird." He repeated.

Brightness cocked her head in thought. "So... a little like the Knights Awkward? But with less spren and social anxiety?" She asked after a moment.

"And what kind of evil do you tend to destroy? I mean, how do you define 'evil'? There are a lot of definitions you could work with..." She trailed off, half lost in her musing.

"yes, exactly!" Mark said, "but with more arguments, and well, not all of us 'destroy evil' we all--"

his mobile buzzed loud enough to wake the dead. he hurried to check to see who was calling.

"I'm sorry," he said to brightness, wincing "I need to take this." he stood up. and immediately he heard Max talk to him over the phone.

"sir, the House is having some trouble, the wood carver is burning the mahogany."

"What!" Mark cursed "I'll be right over," he closed the mobile.

he turned to face Brightness, "sorry, somethings come up, I need to take care of it." Mark made his way to the creaky old door. then turned to face the lone root bear manager. "I'll be back, maybe tomorrow, in the mean time perhaps you'll get a few more customers. thank you for the root beer,"