SLC Fan-Ex 1/31/15

Lindel

We're not in the Elantris board, so I'd say yes. People still come here that haven't read it. They should be able to keep up with Q&A's without the end of Elantris being ruined.

Also I agree with Zach. In addition to that, I personally feel that the term "anti-investiture" is not particularly useful or descriptive.

I would disagree.

I think that the Aon-shattering is simply the use of Investiture to block investiture. He said it took, uh, fifty monks' lives to give him that much power, which is probably much more substantial than a single Aon.

By the way, do we really need to mark Elantris spoilers anymore?

Unless you are posting in the Cosmere Theories or Elantris forums, yes. We get new users on the site everyday, and any one of them might not have read Elantris yet. Someone who joined today had only read the Mistborn trilogy and didn't know the Cosmere was a thing, but was merely looking for other books with Allomancy. Spoiler tags are definitely necessary.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Blaze1616

I personally feel that the term "anti-investiture" is not particularly useful or descriptive.

What would you rather it be? When used anti-investiture in my question to Brandon he didn't ask for clarification and seemed to recognize what the term portrayed.  Due to that, I think that this term can be used until another WoB changes or nullifies it.  Unless we have something else it would be beneficial to have a term that keeps everybody on the same page.

All right. I started typing an in-depth explanation of why I disagree with the term, and came to the conclusion that it would neatly derail this topic. xD It's also not quite done yet and I have Spanish in fifteen minutes. I shall start an in-depth topic later tonight where I'd love to have this discussion with everyone. Perhaps there are reasons that this term exists that I'm missing. I'll edit the link in here when I make my topic!

I can't wait to see it. Honestly with no malice (okay maybe a bit). Defend you position as you would your own child. If you can convince me I will find five of your posts and give you upvotes outside of the ones that will be flying around in the thread.