I think I'm going to cry. I just finished writing a long RP on mobile, and then I tried to add something at the beginning right before I posted it. But I accidentally hit my profile pic, and since mobile has no autosave function, I lost everything......Someone give me a hug or something.

After waiting out the Highstorm (he learned the name from the family who had taken him in) and convincing those had sheltered him that he was sane, at least partially, he decided to head to the Stargate (the name, which of course he didn't steal, he had made up for the places he world hops from) to see if he could find any signs of pursuit. 

As he walked he thought of the things he had learned about this planet so far. So they use the strange glowing gems as money and if they don't glow they may be counterfeit. Very useful thing to know. If the point of the women wearing the glove was to keep it safe then why only one glove and what are they trying to keep it safe from? 

Clink was so lost in thought about all the curiosities of this world that he walked straight into the pool where he had first appeared on the planet. He immediately looked up and saw a group of people staring at him from the other side of the pool. 

I should really pay more attention he thought.

"Hello friends, I don't suppose you just magically appeared in that pool with the purpose of murdering me because that would be quite rude"

Rule Clarifications:

1: Cultivation's Vote:

• If Cultivation votes in the thread for Bob, but has their real vote be on Carol, it will look like this:

Bob(1):

Carol(1): Alice, David(Cultivation)

So Their name won't be revealed flat out, but towards the end people will be able to figure out who they are.

2: A New PM world will be made each Cycle. Otherwise people could read what happened the last cycle.

3: Shards who invest during the night are considered to have invested last night, so they can use their Power today.

4: The Poisoner cannot change his hostage.

5: I never said there was only one of each Minor role.

6: NO PM COPY/PASTING. You are allowed to copy/paste the people in the World PM's, but you cannot copy/paste anything people say. This goes for the Evil team as well. YOu are allowed to Paraphrase though.

(Blue) Just checking in. I don't agree with the Ruining of inactives because what if they are good Shards pretending to be inactive to protect them? I'd consider that as a real strategy for Shards. A lynch today would need a LOT of back up evidence that it isn't just bad wording that makes them guilty. (blue)

Kae stopped strangling Cleo when he saw the deaths. Cleo collapsed from lack of oxegyn.

As Satrams woke from his drunken stupor, he noticed three things. For starters, he had no idea where he was. He dimly remember passing out at the bar on Threnody, but this looked nothing like that. In fact, he was fairly certain that this was an entirely different world. He wasn't sure which one it was of course, but it certainly wasn't one he had visited before. Second, he realized that he was wearing a hat. This was even stranger than his first observation. He had never worn a hat before, and he was fairly certain that he hadn't seen one like this on Threnody. So why was it perched on top of his head? As he pondered this, he noticed the strangest thing of all. A storming Inquisitor was staring at him, with anger written on his face.

"You thought you killed me, but you can never kill an Inquisitor. I'm going to enjoy watching you die, Hoid."

At this, Satrams was even more confused. He tried sputtering out a response, "W-w-w-w-wait, wait a second! I'm not Hoid! I killed almost 20 people in an attempt to find him. Why the hell do you think I'm Hoid!"

"Don't try to play dumb Hoid. I saw you take out all the new members of the seventeenth shard. You're a dead man."

"What the hell are you talking about? Last I checked, the group from Kholinar was heading to that meeting, when I *ahem* demanded payment for my services. They dropped me off in some god-forsaken woods, and left me to fend for my self. They said they would pick me up in a few hours after I learned my lesson. Of course, I immediately headed to the nearest drinking hole and drowned out my sorrows. I passed out after a couple of rounds, and now I'm suddenly here, staring into your ugly mug!"

"Hmmph. Do you really think I'm going to fall for that? It's been three months since that disastrous meeting. Also," Kae plucked the hat from Satrams's head. "why would you be wearing that hat? I saw you wearing it after your bloody murder spree."

Satrams gulped. How could three months have passed, and where had that storming hat come from? More to the point, how in the seven hells could an Inquisitor see a simple hat? Honestly, how could they see anything at all? They had storming spikes for eyes. "I don't know where this stupid thing came from. Hoid must have put it on me to frame me. Yes, that's it. He must have drugged me, and attended the meeting in my place."

The Inquisitor grimaced. "It doesn't matter now. Odium's slaughtered most of the 17th shard. We need all the help we can get, even if it comes from you." He grabbed the mercenary by the collar, and hoisted him in the air. "Once this is over Hoid, I'm going to rip your spine right out of your body. Come on, we don't have much time." He turned and walked away. Satrams reluctantly followed the man. If what he said was true, they were all in serious trouble. He needed someone to protect him in this crazy time. Besides, he had no idea which way civilization was. Honestly, he needed a stiff drink to calm this roaring headache.

I'm not going to vote for anyone, per my usual policy. I just really wanted an excuse to role-play.

Okay so my guy is a Zinc Twinborn Compounder for RP purposes, but can we take a moment to acknowledge how awesome this is? He's a guy that can not only use his compounding Feruchemally, thinking at extreme speeds, but also the ability to Riot to a degree equal to if not greater than a Mistborn burning Duralumin. Cranking that power up a notch, and a powerful compounder may be able to Riot one single emotion or drive so that the target can think of nothing other than that one single cognitive byte.

Edited by Lord Pifferdoo

@Winter: I don't think inactivity is really that good of a strategy. While the shards could hide this way, the eliminators could as well. The only difference is that if only these two groups stayed inactive then the eliminators would know exactly who to target to remove investitures. I think a general rule of thumb is don't be inactive.

As for the Ruin kill, last game inactives didn't contribute much to the game at all, so killing them then or now probably wouldn't accomplish much. That being said, last game did have several people assuming that at least one inactive was a spiked, so using the Ruin kill could avoid having to worry in a similar situation.

Well my character is a Forger/Hemalurgist. We should take a moment to acknowledge how awesome that is.

would but I'd rather read about it in some long, awesome RP! You plan on doing one of those, right? ;)

(Blue) Just checking in. I don't agree with the Ruining of inactives because what if they are good Shards pretending to be inactive to protect them? I'd consider that as a real strategy for Shards. A lynch today would need a LOT of back up evidence that it isn't just bad wording that makes them guilty. (blue)

Kae stopped strangling Cleo when he saw the deaths. Cleo collapsed from lack of oxegyn.

Just got a player list ready. first game so I'm not really sure how to start but I'm suspicious of people who seem to be taking a leading role so early. I also think that telling ruin to kill lurkers/inactives could be the work of an eliminator if they all plan to be active. I know it's a stretch but i'm putting in my first vote (very tentative) oCognition.

EDIT for blue

If I don't have some plan or something to help us root out the Eliminators, then that's when you should worry about me actually being one! :P When I play, and you can ask other people who have played with me before if you don't believe me, I typically have some plan for limiting the tactics that the Eliminators can use. In this game, it's making sure that they have to speak up and be active if they want to live. And we want them talking and being active! The more they have to say, the more likely they are going to accidentally let something slip. If they don't say anything or say very little, then we never have enough information about them to make an case against them and we wind up focusing on other people that have spoken up and they win. 

As far as Shards and/or roles lurking to stay hidden, this is a bad idea anyways. As I stated in my first post, roles are nice and all, but they are not the end all, be all of anyone's capabilities. If anyone is strictly focusing on their role (or waiting for other roles to do their thing), then they are leaving the game up to chance. We don't know who is going to get hit at night. The Eliminators could get lucky and hit two Shards tonight. Maybe they hit Hoid right off the bat. Maybe Honor accidentally protects one of Odium's Champions. My point is that no one should be hanging back just to "protect themselves." If they're doing that, then they're not helping us find the Eliminators and any single player's survival is worthless if we still lose. Without getting lucky, we're going to find them in the discussions, not at night.

And even if Ruin were to hit a Shard; it doesn't matter. An inactive Shard isn't putting in their orders or using their investiture or discussing who they think could be evil or anything at all for that matter, so killing them isn't going to hurt us at all. In fact, it'll help us, as we'll know that we can't count on that role in future. We'll know that the actions performed so far were not connected with that role, so we can narrow down what has happened. And we take away a place for the Eliminators to hide. 

Besides, the other option is Ruin just sitting back and either killing someone randomly or they hold off for a few cycles until they have what they feel is enough evidence to make a decent judgement call. It really is a win-win for us. This way, they're using their ability to make sure that the Eliminators have no where to hide and making them have to speak up so that we can catch them in a lie. If this is a tactic that benefits the Eliminators, I'm not seeing how since it eliminates (heh) some of the strategies that they could use to keep themselves hidden! 

I think I agree with Meta on this point, provided Ruin takes into account several things.  Killing inactives is a good idea, but, if they aren't inactive and just haven't been posting, I generally think that is more of a reason for a death.  Logging on and not participating is bad in general, and sometimes is a sign of an Eliminator.  As there are no information gathering rules, we need to be especially vigilant for anything that seems off, and leverage our PMs to the best ability.  I am storming good this time Meta, don't you dare kill me

Currently, I'm not getting a strong feeling about anyone, so I will keep my vote to myself for now.

Derushe was interrogating his fifth stranger, desperately trying to grasp the nature of the land he was in. Thankfully, by using a combination of a basic Aon, Are, Ene, Ien, Nae and various modifiers he could form a basic translator Aon-  hiding the glowing sigils he drew within the pages of his notebook.

"What do you mean you have to be born with powers? That's ridiculous!"

"Its true, sir! I swear! Ya got to be born from a specific bloodline to use Allomancy!"

"Preposterous! That's a rubbish way to decide who can use the magic! What if the bloodline ends, or the heirs to the family don't abide to their Gods will?"

"I don't know about no "other" gods, I've said all I know! I swear!"

"How am I supposed to use the magic? Am I to be born again before I can harness their power?"

"Well, us Skaa only know so much- we don't know everything about the system, but we know to stay away from folks like Mistborn!"

"Earlier... You said they... eat metal to gain magical powers? That doesn't make any sense!"

"Its the truth! Nobody knows why, but if they eat a specific metal- they get a special power! Please can I go now...?"

"No! You will answer my questions till I see fit to dismiss you!"

"But..."

"How do they eat metal? Do they bring tiny spoons with them to nibble on so they can fly, as you say they can?"

"Nah, they grind the metals into dust and mix it with alcohol. Everyone knows that!"

"So... A kind of potion, perhaps? Yet it only works on certain people... Interesting..."

"Uh... sir..."

"Fine, you are dismissed, strange person"

"Hey! You said you would pay me to answer your questions! Wheres my money?"

"See here, you odd individual- I said no such thing and intend to do nothing of the sort."

"Oy! Who do you think you are, asking obvious questions and not paying an honest man? You got some nerve...!"

"Hmph, fine- here, hold this"

"Wuh...?"

"I didn't say how much I was going to pay you, here's your payment- a random rock I found on the floor just now."

"A rock..? You fool! This is a nugget of copper! That's worth more than my weekly wages!"

"Really? Is metal not in abundance here?"

"No, I just have really poor wages. Life is tough for Skaa in Luthadel, in case you didn't know that too. There's always a demand for metal though, cuz them Allomancers keep burning it."

"Burning? I thought you said they ate it!"

"Eh? Isn't that the same thing...?"

"What? No its definitely not!"

"Hey, if you want more info- you're going to have to pay me more"

"But I... argh! never mind- I think I'll explore this city on my own for now..."

Derushe parted from the random passer-by. What an odd fellow! Was all of this planet like him?

A hooded figure with a thick beard drew out of an alley and bumped into Derushe.

"Hey, stranger- I heard your little conversation just now, if its allomancy powers you want, I got some... uh... spikes, if you know what I mean. Good price, all legit, you understand?"

​Great, not only are this planets inhabitants incompetent- but there's some sort of drug system going around too.

Derushe pushed past the figure, and continued walking to the center of the city. There seemed to be sort of festive gathering occurring in one of the taller buildings. A party, perhaps? What do they celebrate? Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to dig out some more information- Derushe brushed past the guards, ignoring their protests. There were certainly a lot of people here, and Derushe in his Garish clothing blended right in. Walking over to the nearest group, Derushe attempted his best to socialize with the peculiar people. Then, inexplicably- his Aons within his journal flickered.

Uh oh... Last time that happened was when...

Sure enough, all his Aons had stopped working. Some geographical constant in the cosmere had change- perhaps a new star had been born, or a planet destroyed, or some Shadholder had been shattered, or a million other possibilities that his Aons now relied on. Bother, who knows how long it would take now to leave this dreary planet? It could take months to find the error in his new form of Aons...

As the party turned to welcome him, Derushe realized that was the least of his problems.

"Dru Plioder, Gavik tre Pomerwell!" A man in green exclaimed to him enthusiastically.

I'm going to hold onto my vote too. I still think we should hold off votes until we have concrete evidence. :V

Other than that, there isn't much to do but poke people- I guess.

Edited by Unodus

If I don't have some plan or something to help us root out the Eliminators, then that's when you should worry about me actually being one! :P When I play, and you can ask other people who have played with me before if you don't believe me, I typically have some plan for limiting the tactics that the Eliminators can use. In this game, it's making sure that they have to speak up and be active if they want to live. And we want them talking and being active! The more they have to say, the more likely they are going to accidentally let something slip. If they don't say anything or say very little, then we never have enough information about them to make an case against them and we wind up focusing on other people that have spoken up and they win. 

As far as Shards and/or roles lurking to stay hidden, this is a bad idea anyways. As I stated in my first post, roles are nice and all, but they are not the end all, be all of anyone's capabilities. If anyone is strictly focusing on their role (or waiting for other roles to do their thing), then they are leaving the game up to chance. We don't know who is going to get hit at night. The Eliminators could get lucky and hit two Shards tonight. Maybe they hit Hoid right off the bat. Maybe Honor accidentally protects one of Odium's Champions. My point is that no one should be hanging back just to "protect themselves." If they're doing that, then they're not helping us find the Eliminators and any single player's survival is worthless if we still lose. Without getting lucky, we're going to find them in the discussions, not at night.

And even if Ruin were to hit a Shard; it doesn't matter. An inactive Shard isn't putting in their orders or using their investiture or discussing who they think could be evil or anything at all for that matter, so killing them isn't going to hurt us at all. In fact, it'll help us, as we'll know that we can't count on that role in future. We'll know that the actions performed so far were not connected with that role, so we can narrow down what has happened. And we take away a place for the Eliminators to hide. 

Besides, the other option is Ruin just sitting back and either killing someone randomly or they hold off for a few cycles until they have what they feel is enough evidence to make a decent judgement call. It really is a win-win for us. This way, they're using their ability to make sure that the Eliminators have no where to hide and making them have to speak up so that we can catch them in a lie. If this is a tactic that benefits the Eliminators, I'm not seeing how since it eliminates (heh) some of the strategies that they could use to keep themselves hidden! 

I never said my reasoning was good for putting my vote on you I just thought I would start with it. Since you gave good reasoning I will remove the vote.

One of the main reasons I even voted was because this is my first game and I was just exited to do my first vote. 

EDIT for stupid blue

Edited by Clanky

(Blue open) What about those people who will be inactive for a few cycles but when they come back, IF they come back instead of being Ruined, they will be an active player? Some arguments should be made for the Shards using their powers either way so the Shards may pick and chose. Except Odium, of course,because we don't want to be Odiumed. (Blue close)
EDIT: Color 

Edited by Winter Cloud

Kae turned away from the unconsious Cleo. 

"Ruin?" He asked. Ruin said nothing. "Ruin!" What? I'm trying to pinpoint the Shardic activity. Unfortunately there's too much Shardic activity on this planet that it is interfering. 

"Of course." Kae sighed. "Can she help me find him?" I thought you were determined on killing her.

"Well, I'll make her help me first.Excuses. Kill her. Kill everyone. 

"I am not going to kill everyone I ever meet." Kae put his foot down. Except her.

"Now I'm tempted just to ally with her to annoy you." Assuming she doesn't try to stab you the moment she wakes up. 

"That too." Kae nods. 

Cleo was floating. That was fun. She liked floating. But there was a face. Cleo threw some fluffy clouds at the face. 

She looks like she's throwing something. Ruin remarked. 

"Yeah, she does. Cleo, you awake?" 

"You-you awa-awake you Cleeeo?" A voice echoed through the floating void. Was that Kae? He wanted to kill her, didn't he? Cleo opened her eyes.

"Oh good, she's awake." Kae sighed. "Look, we have a common enemy. Odium killed a bunch of people. Both Preservation and Ruin want him Shattered before he Shatters them." You sure about that? Leras's Intent...

"Shut up, that's besides the point." Kae replied. 

"You talking to..." Cleo pointed weakly at a spike. "Also, can you promise not to strangle me?"

"Don't accept promises from Inquisitors." Kae warned. "They're like cookies."

Ash walked up to the door of the ballroom. He looked at it,  and tapped iron, while burning steel, blasting it off it's hinges. The door flew into the ballroom, missing everybody. When it hit the far wall, it shattered into splinters that looked like a word. 'WILSON'

"Um... Um... Lord Ash and Lady Ashette Cett have arived" The footman croaked, then ran away.

Ashette(the kandra) took Ash's arm and walked into the ballroom. All eyes were on them, although, who could blame them? Ashette was in a gorgeous blue dress, trimmed in silver and Ash was wearing a dapper suit, as usual.

Ash tapped Duraluminum. "Listen up. You see that word on the wall? Wilson? It's the name of an actual immortal goddess. I'm a member of her church, I've seen her. She is awe inspiring. Join her, and you shall be rewarded as I have." Rules, his Cryptic, rose from his shirt. "This is Rules. She's my spren, given to me by my Bloodthirsty Goddess as a reward for services rendered. She lets me do this." He created a coin out of the air with a slight pop. He then dropped his lightweaving. (he has spikes everywhere. Somebody wanna react and have a back-and-forth RP with me?)

Edited by Ashiok

I don't think this game wants a day one lynch. Each game is different, and the way roles are concentrated here makes a lynch less than ideal. We do not want to mislynch a shard.

I have to agree this game. Lynching a shard would be an awful way to start the game off and this time, we have absolutely no information to even begin trying to base a lynch off of. For now, I think discussing different tactics to limit the Spiked Champions and Odium(we really need a better word for this) is the best idea this cycle. 

I like Meta's plan for killing off the inactives. It would take away a lot of the paranoia and worry about there being an inactive Champion like what happened in the AG. It ended up being a pointless search, since not one inactive was spiked that game.