Well I wouldn't say I was always on Odium's side. I was playing my own game until I realized how much more powerful the Shards were in comparison! Then I joined up to try to balance the odds! Needless to say, even that wasn't enough, but I really was a free agent of sorts. My goal was to survive by any means necessary and aimed to do that one way or the other! It just turned out that I like an underdog! :P

To my fellow Shards, I'm sorry for the deception... Okay, I'm not, because it was fun, but I'm sorry for putting you into that position. ;)

Great write up, Joe and great game (I love the tags as well)! Even stacked as it was, this was still a lot of fun! I'll hold off on suggestions until I've gotten a chance to read through some of the threads, as I'm sure a few ideas are in there and I'd like to give credit for them where credit is due. 

Also, Congrats to the Villagers! Especially our newer players, who did such a great job in their first game! Snoopy was a stand out for me in how he managed and took control of things behind the scenes, but all of you were fantastic. Luckat, you, as always, showed incredible skill. That last plan of yours was the nail in the coffin. I couldn't think of a way around that to get the Shards to lynch anyone else. Jain was right, should've lynched/killed you sooner (only in these games is that a compliment)! :P I've definitely moved you up a few ranks in my "threat chart" because of it! :)

And just an overall thank you and appreciation (because I know that I'm leaving some people out, but don't know who offhand) for everyone that played! This wouldn't have been as fun or as exciting without you! :)

Edited by Metacognition

Good Tranquline Halls! Did you do that just to make things difficult for people to read it? :)

That's far from being the longest evil doc. LG2 was a little longer than that (124 pages), LG4 was 79 pages (but it had no margins at all, so with the margins, it would be over 100 pages) and the AG's evil doc was 158 pages....And that's not even counting the Urbain Revolution in LG7 (which was not an evil doc).

Good Tranquline Halls! Did you do that just to make things difficult for people to read it? :)

Heh, the Doc actually mostly died off around cycles 4 or 5, and we were already around 100 or so at that point. XD Like Wilson said, that ain't got nothing on the Urbain Inquisition. :P

But yes, excellent game, Joe! Definitely loved the whole flavor and concept behind the game, with the Shards v Odium, truly an epic Cosmere showdown! And excellent write-ups, especially this end one!

Oh and yes, Meta's betrayal! Mwahaha! We basically knew by a few cycles in that we needed some outside edge, and once Meta was revealed as Survival, we had no problem letting him live to help us out! ;) (Even if we didn't tell him who all of us were and kept a *couple* plans and motivations back from him at first -- just in case) :P

Good Game all!  :D

Trying to flit just at the edge of the radar is surprisingly hard. Pity I was caught through process of Elimination (badum tsh. Please send all hate mail/credit for that terrible pun to Gamma Fiend.). I'd also like to vote for Meta for the MVP for leaking information from the Shards from right under their noses.

We knew the list of Shards from Day 3 on. Snoopy, that's what I wanted to troll you with so many times after I was dead, but I had to keep it a secret that Meta was a traitor. That definitely helped. 

First, congrats to my champions, you all did very well. Without the Shardic Coalition, I think we would've had a very good chance of winning this game. Vine, especially for a new player, you did great! 

One regret I have is that, as Odium, I never once made a kill. :P First, we were waiting for the Witness, then I was locked down. This happens a lot to me as an Eliminator apparently. :P (See LG9 and my role as an Illusionist.)

Congrats also to the Coalition! While I strongly disagree with your methods, you did play very well. Piff and Leif managed to get into contact with just the right people and that worked out very well for you. Snoopy also deserves props for managing that. One suggestion though, if you had lynched Leif after Araris died or was "killed." If Endowment had been passed on, he/she would've gotten an updated list of Shards, and after comparing it with Snoopy, you'd have caught Jain quickly. 

Meta, congrats on not having to use even one of your lives this game. How ironic it was that you, a Kill on Sight player that most people tend to kill right away, ended up having to survive to win. :P

Also, props to Lu. We really should've killed you earlier. They were set on lynching Alv, but then you had to come and ruin it. :P But very well done. You always do that at the end of games, and everyone always forgets about it. Never again. ;) (That's a compliment.)

Everyone else, well done. You all played a great game and Joe, thanks for GMing it. The writeups were great!

Now on to complaints and suggestions:
First off, the Coalition. Keeping information like that severely hurt your team. You could've shared everything you had and spent less time wasted on useless arguments about lynching. We already knew all the Shards, so it wouldn't have hurt, but I get that you didn't know that. I would definitely recommend sharing more and not just coming down hard on anyone who voted for a Shard (with good reason sometimes). If I had been innocent and a regular, I would've very much been on Vine and Araris's side in that argument. It worked out well for you, though.

Game Balance:

I realize that you've already noticed these, Joe, but I'll point them out anyways. 

Making the Shards all safe roles extremely unbalanced the scales. Even if only good players had gotten those roles, it would've been better to say that they weren't guaranteed. A bit of healthy ParanoiaTM. ;) 

Overall, this was a very fun game to play!

Making the Shards all safe roles extremely unbalanced the scales. Even if only good players had gotten those roles, it would've been better to say that they weren't guaranteed. A bit of healthy ParanoiaTM. ;)

This is actually something I've had in mind for a while. I hate safe roles, but I understand that some roles shouldn't be on Team Evil. So I've no problem deciding for my own personal use that something is technically a safe role and team evil won't have it. But I'm not telling the players that. They can wonder. Paranoia never hurt no one. :P(double negatives intended)

Well, we spent quite a bit of space really trying to figure out the complexities and mechanics of the game, so that was a part of it. (I love that part, by the way.  I love a game with the complex mechanics like this one that Joe created.  The best part is that all of them made sense and were thematically appropriate for the setting.  This really is a great model you've got for future games, Joe.)

Thanks for running the game Joe. It had great mechanics, and I'd love to see it again with improved balance.  :)

Odium and his Champions, you all did great from beginning to end, and I want to congratulate you on sowing chaos to the end and not giving up.

Also, thanks for the compliments on my plan. I'm glad I was able to do something helpful despite having no role and no extra information.

Thanks for running the game Joe. It had great mechanics, and I'd love to see it again with improved balance.  :)

Odium and his Champions, you all did great from beginning to end, and I want to congratulate you on sowing chaos to the end and not giving up.

Also, thanks for the compliments on my plan. I'm glad I was able to do something helpful despite having no role and no extra information.

Yeah, you kind of killed our whole Odious approach to getting the villagers uncomfortable with the Shard Coalition, as we were trying to play up the whole 'villagers are now useless' argument! XD Of course your posts showed merit to the idea that that's just a silly way of thinking! :P

I started to resent the fact that us Shards were holding information from the villagers near the end, which is why I was so susceptible to Mailiw's manipulation willing to look at things another way. By the way, Meta. If I was in your place and if I had thought it up, then I would totally have done the same thing. 

I started to resent the fact that us Shards were holding information from the villagers near the end, which is why I was so susceptible to Mailiw's manipulation willing to look at things another way. By the way, Meta. If I was in your place and if I had thought it up, then I would totally have done the same thing. 

My manipulation? You mean asking if you wanted to be a Champion? :P 

I had a plan for Jain to ask you for protection from the lynch the last cycle, but by the time I thought of it, neither you or Jain was going to get on before the end of the cycle.

I was going to try but I'm not sure if it would've worked or not. Besides, I didn't want to annoy everyone by making the game last even longer. It's not like it would have prevented anything besides him being attempted to lynch again and again until they got fed up and lynched me instead. Then him. 

I've been meaning to get back here and address some of the comments made in the Docs (I'd do it, Wilson and I'd look Fabulous doing so, but not until I feel I can actually lay claim to your crown! ;) In the mean time, I accept your offer to rule together!), but life and classes keep getting in the way. 

As such, I'm going to lock the thread (as I think we've all moved on to a degree) and just say that if anyone else wants to try to run a similar scenario, they really should check out the Docs. Joe did a great job of realizing where his game had flaws. Since most of them were late additions, I don't blame him for it. Planning out the balance in these games takes a lot of time and late additions can throw huge wrenches into the works. I'll say this much, this game is definitely one that I'd love to see remade, as the concept and the game play were top notch! With a few improvements, this is a scenario for the ages!

Thank you Joe for running an amazing game! I really hope we get to see a 2.0 version. That would be an epic game! 

As always, if anyone would like to try your hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well!

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to seeing you in future games!