Thoughts on Elhokar

blad3mast3r

Skaa said: I have no plate or blade, but you don't frighten me you silly Wheelshipper Kniggit! Your mother was a chull and your father smelt of rocklillies! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

My reply: Dude, you're just jealous. Your father was Highprince Sadeas and your mother was a Steel Inquisitor, and you yourself are a squib! The Reckoners can't save you either, because you are a squib without legs or a nose, and so the Reckoners run away or try to kill you whenever you're nearby! On top of that, Adonalsium frowns upon you. I will smite thee!

That excerpt actually suggests that some of Dalinar's 'specialness' came into play before he was very close to Elhokar. "Dalinar charged toward the king, moving with a speed and grace no man— not even one wearing Shardplate— should be able to manage."

One other thing...

"He got close and swung at the beast’s torso, cutting free a piece of chitin—like a person’s hair or nails, it could be cut by a Blade."

Who by-a-Horneater's-pointed-toes would try cutting their nails with a storming Shardblade?!

Actually, I guess we've missed it in the descriptions of Szeth's slaughters, but when he kills people their bodies have been untouched, but their fingernails have been cut through and their hair has been flying free. The demon barber of Roshar. 

Meanwhile Shallan, Jasnah, Renarin, Lift and Kaladin can have perfect nail clippers, hair scissors and razors that never dull by resizing their sprenblades.  Brilliant!

• Chaos locked this topic