Instabam's Epic Power: A Visualization

Renegade

So, Instabam.  Apparently, he has instant potato powers, yes?  And, seeing as he tried to kill some of the Reckoners, it's likely that these potatoes had... perhaps, explosive capabilities.  I did some research, and came up with what I think is an accurate representation of Instabam's Epic power.

Potatomine.png

Don't believe me?  Personally, I think it's no coincidence that David alludes to "a potato in a minefield" in one of his later similes...  :ph34r:

So, Instabam.  Apparently, he has instant potato powers, yes?  And, seeing as he tried to kill some of the Reckoners, it's likely that these potatoes had... perhaps, explosive capabilities.  I did some research, and came up with what I think is an accurate representation of Instabam's Epic power.

Potatomine.png

Don't believe me?  Personally, I think it's no coincidence that David alludes to "a potato in a minefield" in one of his later similes...  :ph34r:

Why? 

Why did Instabam not conquer the world? He clearly could have, so why didn't he? 

If his weakness was mashed potatoes, what sort of experience would cause that to be his most feared thing?

"No! I don"'t want the potatoes!

YOU'RE GONNNA EAT THESE POTATERS IF IT BE TAKEN LAS THING YALL EVER DO!

"When I was a boy, back in New York City, my mother always told me that if I ate a potato, I would be a potato. So in my household, it was all instant potatoes, all the time. Seriously, we, like, never ate anything else. Just instant potatoes. Then one fateful day, one of the neighborhood vandals threw a real potato at my head! It hit me like—BAM! And let me tell you, I was so scared I would turn into a potato that I went into the pantry and I ate every box of instant potatoes I could see." 

"When I was a boy, back in New York City, my mother always told me that if I ate a potato, I would be a potato. So in my household, it was all instant potatoes, all the time. Seriously, we, like, never ate anything else. Just instant potatoes. Then one fateful day, one of the neighborhood vandals threw a real potato at my head! It hit me like—BAM! And let me tell you, I was so scared I would turn into a potato that I went into the pantry and I ate every box of instant potatoes I could see."

Oh that's just genius.

Potatomine.png

So David´s line doesn´t make sense afterall. Clearly Instabam can create a minefield made out of potatoes.

Speaking as seriously as I can about this particular topic, I imagine it would be moderately devastating to suddenly have your entire trachea filled with mashed potatoes. To put it another way, Instabam is not small potatoes.

Ooo, see what I did there? ;)

GLaDOS and Instabam, arch enemies, or unstoppable diabolical team?

"I have your test results, Steelslayer. They say that you were raised in Newcago, that you're an orphan, and that you're a horrible person. Really, it actually says 'You're a horrible person.' And we weren't even testing for that."

"I have your test results, Steelslayer. They say that you were raised in Newcago, that you're an orphan, and that you're a horrible person. Really, it actually says 'You're a horrible person.' And we weren't even testing for that."

"Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you, Steelslayer. And I'm sorry. You didn't react at the time, so I was worried it sailed right over your head. Which would have made this apology seem insane. That's why I had to call you garbage a second time just now."

• 1 month later...

"Even though you missed my metaphor, the test results say that yours are 100% worse than mine. And I wasn't even trying."

"Oh. It's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead, you know, after you MURDERED me. Okay, look, we've both said a lot of things that you're going to regret, but I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."

GLaDOS is now officially a science-obsessed resurrection Epic. :P