Favourite Character of Warbreaker

Slater

Favorite Character in Warbreaker  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character in Warbreaker

Pretty shocked we never got one of these up, but anyway, who is your personal favorite character in Warbreaker and why?

Me personally? I deeply feel that Lightsong is one of the greatest characters Brandon has ever created and it will always hurt me a little that we only had him for one book and never got to see him interact with Nightblood.

"I try to avoid having thoughts. They lead to other thoughts, and-if you're not careful-those lead to actions.
Actions make you tired. I have this on rather good authority from someone who once read it in a book." Lightsong.

Edited by Slater

Hmm. Even outside the social forum,mI find myself disagreeing with pandas lol.

My royal sister of choice is Celestia Vivenna. I just find her character arc the most interesting part of the book... though I will concede that her storyline running parallel to Siri's might influence that a little.

Still. Vivenna is Best Princess.

Denth, I love that he managed to tell the truth repeatedly, and yet I never believed him.

There was every clue, and even after the reveal, I still liked him as a character.

His refusal to have his memories erased was chilling too.

Nightblood! Poor thing, no one wants to speak to it: don't understand why, it has such an interesting conversation. Maybe it will find a suitable owner, who will like its main features! :D

So vaporizing everything, theft-proofing via forced suicide after murdering surroundings, and consuming your soul on use is something a person would love? Perhaps the vaporizing part I guess.

Other series spoilers

I wonder what Szeth thinks.

My personal vote is tied between Vasher and Lightsong.

Edited by natc

I have to say, I'm kind of surprised at the lack of love for Susebron. While I prefer Vivenna's character and arc, I found the twists related to the God Kings interesting, and Susebron was a neat character... not to mention that his and Siri's romance is, for me, the best-written romance in the cosmere novels thus far.

I have to say, I'm kind of surprised at the lack of love for Susebron. While I prefer Vivenna's character and arc, I found the twists related to the God Kings interesting, and Susebron was a neat character... not to mention that his and Siri's romance is, for me, the best-written romance in the cosmere novels thus far.

Though I enjoyed Susey as a character, and I agree that the God King twists were great, Siri's POV made me smile every time. I do hope, however, that one day Brandon will do a chapter or two from the book from Susebron's POV, just so we see what he's thinking, and his view of the world.

Hmmmmmm for me it was Vasher closely followed by Denth.

I liked Vasher and thought he was intriguing on my first read and loved his gruff badassery.

Denth was funny to read and will remain as one of my best characters and looked forward to his clash with Vasher through out the book.

Lightsong was interesting as he offered insight into the life of a Returned and his flirtatious banter with Blushweaver were always entertaining.

I thought Siri and Susey were endearing but i mostly enjoyed the darker plot twists that seemed to be happening around Vi and Vasher.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always looked forward to Vasher, since it meant that the story was about to move along. As a character though... we only really get two three dimensional ones (as in they have actual arcs and change, not that they are terrible like Parlin or that your frame of reference changes like the God King) and those are Lightsong and Vivenna.

Between the two, I would probably pick Vivenna.

Edited by Orlion