Legion

Yados

On a more theoretical note, does it seem to anybody else that Stephen's abilities are a lot like the Kkell of Skill?

Brandon said that the big problem with that system was that it had too few limits. Well, Legion takes the same basic idea (learning skills a lot faster than should be possible) and gives it some limitations.

Also, do you think that Razon's time-camera uses the same spiritual grounding as bendalloy-bubbles?

Nothing on Earth is ever Cosmere-related (a nice rule of thumb), so I doubt it.

Also, thank you for giving me an excellent excuse to spam this thread with a link to my Realmatic theory of unholy length, since, according to my theory, the Spiritual effect of time bubbles is such that they can't reach back in time, only speed or slow the perception of it's forward motion for the objects within the bubble.

Edited by Kurkistan

So is this going to be released for Kobo Books (the e-reader) at any point? Infinity Blade: Awakening wasn't so I was not able to read that, and I would really like to read this one. I don't know why it was not on Kobo books but I am hoping that this one will be different.

So is this going to be released for Kobo Books (the e-reader) at any point? Infinity Blade: Awakening wasn't so I was not able to read that, and I would really like to read this one. I don't know why it was not on Kobo books but I am hoping that this one will be different.

There's also a ludicrous number of programs that read eBooks on PC's, if you lack any other options.

It will be on Kobo.

I will talk to Chair about Infinity Blade (Kobo's publishing program wasn't friendly before, but now it is a piece of cake). But you can buy Infinity Blade on B&N/Nook and then put it on a Kobo Reader. There is no DRM.

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

It will be on Kobo.

I will talk to Chair about Infinity Blade (Kobo's publishing program wasn't friendly before, but now it is a piece of cake). But you can buy Infinity Blade on B&N/Nook and then put it on a Kobo Reader. There is no DRM.

Thanks :) I just bought and read Legion, and I'll get to Infinity Blade after I read The Blinding Knife which comes out tomorrow.

The book was really good, although open ended. I really hope that this gets picked up to be a TV show. I really want to see more of the world.

Hi, this is my first post. I discovered Brandon through Way of Kings when it first came out. I was looking for something new and interesting and I saw it and decided to give it a go. I mainly read non-fiction and not a lot of fantasy, but Way of Kings was fantastic. I went from it to Mistborn (which I've read twice) and just finished Warbreaker. I saw Legion (through Brandon's website - which is how I found this forum - been lurking a while now) and put in a preorder for the Limited Edition. I received it today (all the way to Australia) and can't wait to start (just finishing up the annotations on Warbreaker first). Anyway I thought I would post some pics of the limited edition since there aren't any here yet:

Size comparison to Mistborn hardcovers (side by side):

IMG_1239.jpg

On top of The Final Empire:

IMG_1240.jpg

Leather cover:

IMG_1241.jpg

Signing page:

IMG_1242.jpg

Cheers.

Then how do you think it works?

I doubt Brandon particularly cares. If I recall, he was going to base Legion off of a real disease, then decided just to invent a new one for his own evil purposes. No need for a Universe-spanning order to it all.

Then how do you think it works?

The power being displayed? Well, that's part of the central question, ain't it? It's clearly possibly that he could be an outrageous genius with a schizoid disorder that helps him deal with it by assigning false personalities to the various specialties he masters. Though I doubt it's as easy as that, it's entirely reasonable that it might work out that way.

I'm disinclined to go with "spirits" or some other form or incorporeal personalities that are drawn to him, if only because he's conveniently capable of creating/attracting new ones when he needs them (with the downside being that once they're created or drawn to him, he has to keep them). But who knows what's really going on there... we would need Brandon or someone else to expand upon this nugget of a beginning.

Personally, I think it'd make a wicked good TV show. It's perfect for an ensemble cast, there's a nice central theme and hints of a through-line plot with plenty of potential for problems-of-the-week. Plus, it's a pretty clever concept that I don't think has been done before, and that's always a nice thing to see on television.

The power being displayed? Well, that's part of the central question, ain't it? It's clearly possibly that he could be an outrageous genius with a schizoid disorder that helps him deal with it by assigning false personalities to the various specialties he masters. Though I doubt it's as easy as that, it's entirely reasonable that it might work out that way.

I'm disinclined to go with "spirits" or some other form or incorporeal personalities that are drawn to him, if only because he's conveniently capable of creating/attracting new ones when he needs them (with the downside being that once they're created or drawn to him, he has to keep them). But who knows what's really going on there... we would need Brandon or someone else to expand upon this nugget of a beginning.

Personally, I think it'd make a wicked good TV show. It's perfect for an ensemble cast, there's a nice central theme and hints of a through-line plot with plenty of potential for problems-of-the-week. Plus, it's a pretty clever concept that I don't think has been done before, and that's always a nice thing to see on television.

I don't think its a natural disorder. Everything in the story says it is, except for the point where Kaylina tells him that one of the men isn't dead (the one with the grenade), which he couldn't have known on his own because he didn't see the man until his aspect pointed it out to him.

First, I was actually asking how the time-camera's effect could move with the earth unless it was using the same grounding network as time bubbles.

As for the aspects, I think that they are some kind of purely spiritual entity, (like a spren or a Seon) that he has the ability to create. I think this mostly because 1. the aspects know things he doesn't, and 2. they think and act independently of him.

Man, Barnes & Noble took forever to ship mine. Just finished it, and I kind of wish there was more... though that's a normal feeling after finishing one of Brandon's books.

Other than being curious who each one of the aspects draws inspiration from, I am curious - did anyone else think that the guard Moshe, whose "job was to watch for people doing stupid things" is a jokingly stab at the real Moshe from Tor (?)?

Honestly, I don't know if Brandon has current plans for more "episodes." But he did write it in large part in order to sell television rights, and Lionsgate optioned it. Whether they go through with their option is still up in the air. I think it would make a great TV series. I could easily picture it on the USA network, for instance.

I really hope there are. This was a fantastic read, and really easy to read in one sitting - maybe that's a good future for e-publishing to have episodic things like this? But I'm sidetracking... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to spoil so I'll try to keep it vague as possible.

The characters are really cool, especially the hallucinations. I'd be very curious to see more information about Sandra and her development. My theory is she's a hallucination herself who sorta spawned all the others somehow and it's her "expertise/power" to get rid of or create them. If that's too spoilery, let me know, I'll put tags.