Figment Chat

Ashiok

So, which order are you speculative speculators speculating Rushu into?

For my part, I noticed Mr. sanderson implied there may be several KRs amongst the background characters. Maybe those expecting Lirin (Kaladin's father) to become a Truthwatcher have it right? It has to be the glasses... ;)

So, which order are you speculative speculators speculating Rushu into?

For my part, I noticed Mr. sanderson implied there may be several KRs amongst the background characters. Maybe those expecting Lirin (Kaladin's father) to become a Truthwatcher have it right? It has to be the glasses... ;)

I think she could be in any of the non-warrior-type Orders, maybe an Elsecaller or a Truthwatcher.

Yeah. Admittedly, it was a writing thing, but we put some good cosmere questions in there...

The 17S has a history of usurping Brandon's chats. It's something that doesn't sit well with me, but it sits well enough for me to be able to enjoy the extra information :)

EDIT

[57:25]

Q: If you, Brandon Sanderson, as a person were able to be gifted just one set of powers from any of your book series what would you have and why? How would you use them? Save the world? Become a tyrant?
A: I would probably pick [slight pause] Channeling from the Wheel of Time. No, I’d just be Doctor Manhattan. Sorry, he’s like all powerful, right? How would I use them? I would hope that I would save the world, and not become a tyrant.

Rashek, is this you speaking there? 'cause it sure as storming hell sounds like you!

Edited by Argent

The 17S has a history of usurping Brandon's chats. It's something that doesn't sit well with me, but it sits well enough for me to be able to enjoy the extra information :)

Are there a lot of people who go to his signings that aren't connected with 17s? I've never been to one, but it seems like there are a lot of easy questions sometimes, like, "Who is Hoid?"

And sometimes he prefaces an answer with, "You're Seventeenth Shard, aren't you? Well, you'll find this interesting."

Are there a lot of people who go to his signings that aren't connected with 17s? I've never been to one, but it seems like there are a lot of easy questions sometimes, like, "Who is Hoid?"

And sometimes he prefaces an answer with, "You're Seventeenth Shard, aren't you? Well, you'll find this interesting."

Oh, yeah, most attendees are not Sharders. I was talking about chats like this one - events Brandon means to dedicate to something other than being hounded by us (I remember a similar situation when he was livestreaming writing Rysn's interlude). 

As a part of... was it Worldbuilders? Brandon agreed to livestream his writing process, and he chose Rysn's interlude from Words of Radiance as a demo (you can see the recordings of the videos on his YouTube channel). He had a chat up and he would look at it occasionally as he was writing - and instead of people asking him about the writing he was currently doing, he would see Sharders picking his brain about the Cosmere. Well, not only Sharders, but there were certainly a few questions. 

As a part of... was it Worldbuilders? Brandon agreed to livestream his writing process, and he chose Rysn's interlude from Words of Radiance as a demo (you can see the recordings of the videos on his YouTube channel). He had a chat up and he would look at it occasionally as he was writing - and instead of people asking him about the writing he was currently doing, he would see Sharders picking his brain about the Cosmere. Well, not only Sharders, but there were certainly a few questions. 

I don't remember him livestreaming the Rysn thing, he posted the videos but there was no chat that he was looking at, it wasn't live.  It was the magic hair alien story that was livestreamed with Worldbuilders/Waygate.

Oh, Sebarial would be pretty amazingly nonchalant about it. "Oh this surgebinding that I'm doing? Yeah, I've been doing that for years. Never felt a pressing need to tell anyone about it."

Sebarial is actually my favorite Cosmere character to date, so I may be a little biased.

EDIT:

Also, that was my question about Allomancy working off-planet. Sixth of the Dusk got me thinking, the way that the ecosystem worked:

with the birds having to visit Patji in their youth in order to receive the investiture, but then they can travel anywhere and continue to use that same investiture. I've also seen a lot of speculation that the Ones Above are from Scadrial (a non-interference "prime directive" seems like a very Harmonious idea) and it set me to thinking about whether you still had to be physically near to a shard in order to use its magic system.

Edited by AndrewStirlingMacDonald

Oh, Sebarial would be pretty amazingly nonchalant about it. "Oh this surgebinding that I'm doing? Yeah, I've been doing that for years. Never felt a pressing need to tell anyone about it."

Sebarial is actually my favorite Cosmere character to date, so I may be a little biased.

Seems kinda wasted on him though. Palona, however would be much more interesting - I think she would be a good candidate.

Best evidence? She gets her own chapter title :D

Also, was it news to anyone else that FOX had officially optioned Steelheart, with a producer attached and everything? Apparently it was finalized on Friday, and the producer is the guy who produced the "Night at the Museum" series.

There was a thread on that somewhere...I could probably find it.

I stopped getting excited over options. They lapse all the time.

Peter said that this was better than a normal option, though, for reasons I don't remember. I'll edit when I find that thread...

Edit: Found it!

Edited by inexorablePanda

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't talking about Rushu, though my opinion is that she's a good candidate. However, just because a background character has an interesting personality doesn't mean they're going to become a Radiant. :)

How about Yalb?

Yalb could become a Lightweaver, no? He has the same affect on shallan the she has on other people. Maybe he can be her squire when they meet again (which they of course will).

Yalb never died! I don't know why people keep telling me he did. I don't think he could be a lightweaver though. He seems like a down to earth guy, not a big "oh yeah metaphors lies and whatnot" guy. Squire? Yea. Maybe a will shaper. He seems kind of adventurous. Oh weeeeel.