Given that Regalia seemed rather convinced or at least hopeful that getting the Spyrill´s power would make David go on one that seems rather hopeful but hey I´m not one to oppose wiggle room.

On another note I just read the Seattle signing and noticed that the teacher that got Brandon hoocked on books is named Ms. Reader.

Were we sure that he was going to be given the Spyrill's power? Also could have been a special request to make him go on a Rending. But yeah if that's true that's not a lot of wiggle room. :(

Can we make her Readers' mother and she comes to the Dalles to beat her son for misusing his powers when they were meant to be used for recommending great books to people? :P

Oh just on a completely non-RP related topic (Like 90% of what we discuss :P):

Mrs. Voidus has been working on writing an Epic fantasy too and I told her about Seonids idea of making an RP in the world of the series and she really liked it so hopefully we might start something like that if there's interest and time (I know a lot of us are already in numerous RPs)

So the setting is that theres a world with 3 continents which are separated from each other and there are hundreds of tribal communities on each continent. Each tribe worships their own god and their god grants magic abilities related to their divinity to the tribe that worships them. The world is in a constant state of war as each tribe tries to show their supremacy over the others. Players could control either individuals within a tribe or could RP as a tribes leader and so dictate the entire tribes actions.

If there's enough interest Mrs. Voidus should be able to post more worldbuilding.

I would probably need a bit more info for a decision but color me interested.

Count me interested. :) What kind of magical abilities do the gods grant?

All of them... mwa ha ha

I'd join this. Though If I did I'd be dropping out of Tamriel for good. Not that that matters. It's pretty much Dead.

Same, but I'll definitely be looking into it.

Hey guys, thanks for the interest! The info and questions thread is up, under the name Paidiá. All questions and ideas are welcome :)

Were we sure that he was going to be given the Spyrill's power? Also could have been a special request to make him go on a Rending. But yeah if that's true that's not a lot of wiggle room. :(

Can we make her Readers' mother and she comes to the Dalles to beat her son for misusing his powers when they were meant to be used for recommending great books to people? :P

No, apparrently Calamity only promised "thematically appropiate" powers, but Regalia seemed rather convinced of her Spyrill idea. For all we know Calamity wanted to give David a variation of Prof´s powers, because of the relationship they have or something to go with his Steelslayer title. The short moment where David was in process of getting powers may hold clues but I would have to re-read it.

I´m really just guessing from Regalia´s behaviour here. Afterall, given that she made the Epic it was build from she would know if he didn´t get a Rending and then she wouldn´t have a reason to excpect David to go on one after getting the same powers, unless as you say Calamity wanted to force one.

What no one knows is that Reader´s true name is Sommelier.

Edited by Edgedancer

No, apparrently Calamity only promised "thematically appropiate" powers, but Regalia seemed rather convinced of her Spyrill idea. For all we know Calamity wanted to give David a variation of Prof´s powers, because of the relationship they have or something to go with his Steelslayer title. The short moment where David was in process of getting powers may hold clues but I would have to re-read it.

I´m really just guessing from Regalia´s behaviour here. Afterall, given that she made the Epic it was build from she would know if he didn´t get a Rending and then she wouldn´t have a reason to excpect David to go on one after getting the same powers, unless as you say Calamity wanted to force one.

What no one knows is that Reader´s true name is Sommelier.

Yeah that's definitely a good point, she wouldn't have suggested it if she wasn't reasonably sure he'd get a Rending from it. Well I guess Scribblers rending is back to square one. Speaking of which have most people finished Firefight now? We should probably hold that vote on what to do with Rendings soon.

Can someone Canonize this?

Friends! I bring Tidings of Great Joy! Rendings as bad as they seem!

Anyway, Just got back from the signing, and meeting Brandon for the first time was flooring, I blanked and forgot most of my questions. I did ask him if all Epics go through Rendings. He answered that The more powerful the Epic, the Higher probability. So All High Epics go through Rendings, Low Epics Like Curveball usually don't.

Other questions I asked, Hoid was offered one of the shards we haven't seen, And Shardic Numbers isn't a thing.

Thanks for the detail on Rendings! It doesn't completely smooth out our difficulties, but it gives us a little more wiggle room. Though it does counteract my theory that Big Al spent his Rending in a particularly pouty mood, tossing Sausage McMuffins at Altermind. :P

Also, congratulations on getting to go to the signing! Even if you were momentarily stunned by the supernal glow said to accompany him, it's great that you got the experience. :P:)

Yeah that's definitely a good point, she wouldn't have suggested it if she wasn't reasonably sure he'd get a Rending from it. Well I guess Scribblers rending is back to square one. Speaking of which have most people finished Firefight now? We should probably hold that vote on what to do with Rendings soon.

Most of us have read the book now, but I'm not sure about Mrs. Voidus, Seonid, or Lightsworn Panda.

Edited by Kobold King

Thanks for the detail on Rendings! It doesn't completely smooth out our difficulties, but it gives us a little more wiggle room. Though it does counteract my theory that Big Al spent his Rending in a particularly pouty mood, tossing Sausage McMuffins at Altermind. :P

Most of us have read the book now, but I'm not sure about Mrs. Voidus, Seonid, or Lightsworn Panda.

Good to know. It gives us a little more wiggle room; for instance, since Flashpoint isn't incredibly powerful, we could say that his Rending wasn't especially terrible. Though depending on how the vote goes, we could also just handwave it. 

Headcanon accepted. :P

Also since PP and Saccharine have retired for the night Mrs. Voidus and I decided to just RP as some creepy guys having a laugh on their way to raid a cemetery. You know, standard writing exercises :P

The entire fight between Lightwards, Funtimes, and Nighthound was a result of their players getting bored waiting for the next game day to come, so you're definitely following in a grand tradition. :P

Stitch is equal parts a dork and a Creepy McCreeperton, by the way.

Edited by Kobold King

The entire fight between Lightwards, Funtimes, and Nighthound was a result of their players getting bored waiting for the next game day to come, so you're definitely following in a grand tradition. :P

Stitch is equal parts a dork and a Creepy McCreeperton, by the way.

Just imagine what could have happened if this RP never had any scenes/players taking long. Just what would Lightwards do without Nighthound and Lucentia. Totally need to add that to our tropes page. :ph34r:

I´ll be honest, I want to punch him. :mellow:

Can someone Canonize this?

Perhaps :ph34r:

Bonus points if her favorite book is either Words of Radiance or a Lord of the Rings omnibus.  :ph34r:  :P

Yes. Something very heavy, in hardback. I'd even settle for The Joy of Cooking, it being an enormous cookbook and all. :P

Oh! I promised to tell you all about the incriminating thing I saw on the first day of my internship yesterday! 

Well, I'll be working at a library that's in sort of a mixed suburban-rural area—there are a lot of subdivisions nearby, but it also sits halfway between an urban and rural area, so there'll be a good mix of people. The manager showed me around, then took me to a much smaller library that she also supervises. Despite the hold shelf being one average-sized bookshelf, and the entirety of the library being contained in one room with only seven computers, the building is shared by several other organizations. It has several long hallways leading to meeting rooms of one sort or another.

One of those hallways leads to a meeting room sometimes used by local law enforcement, though that use has tapered off somewhat in recent years. Along that hallway are several bathrooms—and two rusted iron doors right next to each other. I was informed that these rooms used to be jail cells back when the library was the police station. However, this explanation leaves out several important details. 

1. If they're something as harmless as former jail cells, why are they still locked? 
  2. For that matter, why are all the lights inside the cells turned off?

The manager mentioned that something called a "refresh," or as extensive renovations as the budget will allow, was scheduled for that branch. The first suggestion for those cell doors? "I wish we could just put sheetrock over them!" The second? "We should open them up for story time at Halloween." 

I don't know what those librarians are hiding in those cells, but I know what my mission is. 

Wish me luck. 

Yes. Something very heavy, in hardback. I'd even settle for The Joy of Cooking, it being an enormous cookbook and all. :P

Oh! I promised to tell you all about the incriminating thing I saw on the first day of my internship yesterday! 

Well, I'll be working at a library that's in sort of a mixed suburban-rural area—there are a lot of subdivisions nearby, but it also sits halfway between an urban and rural area, so there'll be a good mix of people. The manager showed me around, then took me to a much smaller library that she also supervises. Despite the hold shelf being one average-sized bookshelf, and the entirety of the library being contained in one room with only seven computers, the building is shared by several other organizations. It has several long hallways leading to meeting rooms of one sort or another.

One of those hallways leads to a meeting room sometimes used by local law enforcement, though that use has tapered off somewhat in recent years. Along that hallway are several bathrooms—and two rusted iron doors right next to each other. I was informed that these rooms used to be jail cells back when the library was the police station. However, this explanation leaves out several important details. 

1. If they're something as harmless as former jail cells, why are they still locked? 
  2. For that matter, why are all the lights inside the cells turned off?

The manager mentioned that something called a "refresh," or as extensive renovations as the budget will allow, was scheduled for that branch. The first suggestion for those cell doors? "I wish we could just put sheetrock over them!" The second? "We should open them up for story time at Halloween." 

I don't know what those librarians are hiding in those cells, but I know what my mission is. 

Wish me luck. 

It´s probably where they keep the dionsaurs. (Could you imagine what woulld have happened, if Lightwards resurected Alcatraz style dinosaurs?)

Good luck. If you don't come back, can I have your glasses?

Shiny Sparkle demands that I get Autumn. :P

Good luck. If you don't come back, can I have your glasses?

I would say yes, but my glasses are what are known in the Free Kingdoms as Blindybear Lenses. They help me see. :P 

It´s probably where they keep the dionsaurs. (Could you imagine what woulld have happened, if Lightwards resurected Alcatraz style dinosaurs?)

Shiny Sparkle demands that I get Autumn. :P

He would ask Remington to shoot him and then decide not to come back, they'd annoy him so much. :P 

Autumn is not sure how she feels about this. :P 

I would say yes, but my glasses are what are known in the Free Kingdoms as Blindybear Lenses. They help me see. :P

He would ask Remington to shoot him and then decide not to come back, they'd annoy him so much. :P

Autumn is not sure how she feels about this. :P

I thought they were shipping lenses, allowing you to see potential romantic involvments. :huh:

Better yet, Funtimes and Nighthound excpect him to pay them with giant lizards and instead they get annoying brits.

Don´t worry, I told het to be gentle.

I thought they were shipping lenses, allowing you to see potential romantic involvments. :huh:

Better yet, Funtimes and Nighthound excpect him to pay them with giant lizards and instead they get annoying brits.

Don´t worry, I told het to be gentle.

I had to temporarily remove my Shipmistress Lenses. The thought of Funtimes and Obliteration together was burning my eyes. :o 

(Although I said the shortened timeline for how long she's been an Epic would've retconned out most of her exes, it occurs to me that she might be cute enough to have attracted the attention of a few Epics before gaining her powers. So while that means she wouldn't have dated Earl Greyback, it leaves room for romantic involvements with plenty of Canadian Epics like Super Hotman—an Epic I came up with when my Blindybear Lenses briefly failed, making me read the book title Super Human as Super Hotman.

Funtimes would actually like Alcatraz-type dinosaurs. 

She can still blow up Autumn's head if Autumn brings her daisies when she wants roses. I think the odds are slightly in Shiny Sparkle's favor. :P 

Something rotten is in the libraries, Horatio TwiLyght. We'll be eagerly waiting for your continued findings.  :ph34r:

...Annoying brits? I'm beginning to think I should actually read the Alcatraz books at some point.  :huh:  :P

(Although I said the shortened timeline for how long she's been an Epic would've retconned out most of her exes, it occurs to me that she might be cute enough to have attracted the attention of a few Epics before gaining her powers. So while that means she wouldn't have dated Earl Greyback, it leaves room for romantic involvements with plenty of Canadian Epics like Super Hotman—an Epic I came up with when my Blindybear Lenses briefly failed, making me read the book title Super Human as Super Hotman.

:mellow:

I think a cute girl attracting that kind of attention from several male Epics would be far more horrifying than the League of Evil Exes. :o