Oh just on a completely non-RP related topic (Like 90% of what we discuss :P):

Mrs. Voidus has been working on writing an Epic fantasy too and I told her about Seonids idea of making an RP in the world of the series and she really liked it so hopefully we might start something like that if there's interest and time (I know a lot of us are already in numerous RPs)

So the setting is that theres a world with 3 continents which are separated from each other and there are hundreds of tribal communities on each continent. Each tribe worships their own god and their god grants magic abilities related to their divinity to the tribe that worships them. The world is in a constant state of war as each tribe tries to show their supremacy over the others. Players could control either individuals within a tribe or could RP as a tribes leader and so dictate the entire tribes actions.

If there's enough interest Mrs. Voidus should be able to post more worldbuilding.

Hmm. Sounds cool. I'm interested, but I don't know if I have a whole lot of time for it.

The next Sam and Altermind posts should be pretty fun for you guys. :)

Hmm. Sounds cool. I'm interested, but I don't know if I have a whole lot of time for it.

The next Sam and Altermind posts should be pretty fun for you guys. :)

Same, but I'll definitely be looking into it.

Mailliw and I when we scheme on PMs:

the_world_famous_flim_flam_brothers_by_c

Everybody else:

7791d.png

I just realized--Timeport thinks he's basically an Angel from God. Little does he know, he's going to be killed by a real Angel ;)

Angel Bunny?

Angel_bunny_by_dblokt-d5u77md.png

Yikes, I'm coming up with MLP references without even trying to these days. What is happening to me? :o:P

The irony there is pretty cool. Though I keep wondering... when will we find out what Timeport's "divine mission" is?

Angel Bunny?

Yikes, I'm coming up with MLP references without even trying to these days. What is happening to me? :o:P

The irony there is pretty cool. Though I keep wondering... when will we find out what Timeport's "divine mission" is?

Some guesses:

Creep people out

Make his writer hate his guts

Keep the battleaxe industry in business for a few more months

Get killed by a teenage girl :ph34r:

Some guesses:

Creep people out

Make his writer hate his guts

Keep the battleaxe industry in business for a few more months

Get killed by a teenage girl :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure that if that last mission is part of the plan, then Timeport was not informed of it.  :ph34r:

The irony of one of the most vicious Epics in the RP being killed by a teenage girl is breathtaking, to say the least. Sam might die laughing. :P

I'm pretty sure that if that last mission is part of the plan, then Timeport was not informed of it.  :ph34r:

The irony of one of the most vicious Epics in the RP being killed by a teenage girl is breathtaking, to say the least. Sam might die laughing. :P

Sam isn't one to talk.  :ph34r:

Mail-mi, do you want to have Angel get a Protector Puppy? There's still like 30 left to claim.

I wouldn't underestimate Buffy Summers if I were you. She has a track record of killing monsters after all.

...So, there's a Hellmouth under Portland? Everything makes so much sense now.  :mellow:  :P

Sam isn't one to talk.  :ph34r:

That's right, everyone. Sam's actually the one who jumped out of a plane to assassinate Redleaf. She told Prof to take credit for it to protect her anonymity.

Angel Bunny?

You will eventually  :ph34r:  :D

The irony of one of the most vicious Epics in the RP being killed by a teenage girl is breathtaking, to say the least. Sam might die laughing.  :P

That's why I did it  :D

Sam isn't one to talk.   :ph34r:

Mail-mi, do you want to have Angel get a Protector Puppy? There's still like 30 left to claim.

Oh, keeping secrets now are we? ;)

YES. SO MUCH YES. 

Yes, yes we are. :P

Cool! What kind of dog?

I don't really care, I don't really like dogs (I'm prepared to get hit with a bunch of rotten tomatoes :P) so whatever is fine. Preferably something big and menacing and caring :P

You were trying to murder Sam with a dose of concentrated irony? :o:P

I have ongoing conspiracies with at least three separate people at the moment. Probably more that I'm not remembering at the moment. :P

More the "concentrated irony" part and less the "murder Sam" part but yes  :P

I vote for a German shepherd or a husky. 

Or, if you want to go for an extra dose of irony, go for a poodle. They're usually mocked, but they're a lot smarter than they look—they're one of the most intelligent dog breeds, in fact. Timeport could laugh at her poodle, the same way he laughs at Angel, only to find too late that both the girl and her dog are smarter and fiercer than they look. 

I vote for a German shepherd or a husky.

Or, if you want to go for an extra dose of irony, go for a poodle. They're usually mocked, but they're a lot smarter than they look—they're one of the most intelligent dog breeds, in fact. Timeport could laugh at her poodle, the same way he laughs at Angel, only to find too late that both the girl and her dog are smarter and fiercer than they look.

I am good with any of those things.

I would like to join the RPG. My idea for an Epic is:

Name: Berserker

Powers: Primary-Control over molecular bonds in non-organic materials, except for his own body. Would be effective in a 5 ft radius. Basically Prof's tensor power, but also able to construct, and a slight range.

Secondary-Super Strength. I think we all know what that power is. He can bench a filled semi-truck.

Secondary: immunity to minerals/metals. Basically metal in his body doesn't negatively affect him. He can leave metal in my body forever and he suffers no negative affects.

Corruption: He would get angry easily, and would have trouble with complex thoughts. Also have trouble focusing on a topic for very long.

Hi everyone, I have a proposal to modify my Epic. I haven't put him into the game yet, and want to fully construct him before I do. So I have a power proposal. I would like to change immunity to mineral/metal poisoning to just a plain healing factor.It would be strong enough to barely keep him alive when he is completely on fire. He can take bullet wounds, but it takes a second or two to recover from one. So, I was wondering if this would make him to OP. Is everyone OK with is?

Hi everyone, I have a proposal to modify my Epic. I haven't put him into the game yet, and want to fully construct him before I do. So I have a power proposal. I would like to change immunity to mineral/metal poisoning to just a plain healing factor.It would be strong enough to barely keep him alive when he is completely on fire. He can take bullet wounds, but it takes a second or two to recover from one. So, I was wondering if this would make him to OP. Is everyone OK with is?

You'd need to talk to Twi about all this, but I don't think he'd be overpowered at all. In both Portland and The Dalles we have characters who are far more powerful than he is. One of The Only Joe's characters can kill with a stare and is impervious to all harm, and there are several characters in the RP who can resurrect entirely after a death.

So no, it's my opinion as a longterm member of the roleplay and as a non-GM that he's perfectly fine the way he is right now. :) I'm looking forward to seeing him in action. Have you expanded any backstory for his character yet?

Also, I'd definitely recommend skimming through the Epics of Oregon thread. It should give you a general idea of what kind of powers your fellow players have been lavishing their characters with.

I have talked to Twi, and she said that I should post it and see what everyone has to say. I agree with you, that there are a lot more powerful people. I'm friends with who I think is Timeport (teleportation/through time and kills people with pieces of paper), so I know that some people could kill me instantly. i'm going to have fun with this guy, because he is basically going to attach a part any nearby substance either onto a metal rod or just onto his knuckles, then hit the crap out of the guy in front of him. Plus much car throwing. Glad to be a part of this!

Friends! I bring Tidings of Great Joy! Rendings as bad as they seem!

Anyway, Just got back from the signing, and meeting Brandon for the first time was flooring, I blanked and forgot most of my questions. I did ask him if all Epics go through Rendings. He answered that The more powerful the Epic, the Higher probability. So All High Epics go through Rendings, Low Epics Like Curveball usually don't.

Other questions I asked, Hoid was offered one of the shards we haven't seen, And Shardic Numbers isn't a thing.

Anyway, Just got back from the signing, and meeting Brandon for the first time was flooring, I blanked and forgot most of my questions. I did ask him if all Epics go through Rendings. He answered that The more powerful the Epic, the Higher probability. So All High Epics go through Rendings, Low Epics Like Curveball usually don't.

Other questions I asked, Hoid was offered one of the shards we haven't seen, And Shardic Numbers isn't a thing.

Good news is that Backtrack´s backstory is save now! :lol:<_<

Oh well, can´t really blame you for letting the man make you nervous.

Woooo! The Minor Epics are saved! Scribblers probably borderline but I might just say she didn't have one.

Woooo! The Minor Epics are saved! Scribblers probably borderline but I might just say she didn't have one.

Given that Regalia seemed rather convinced or at least hopeful that getting the Spyrill´s power would make David go on one that seems rather hopeful but hey I´m not one to oppose wiggle room.

On another note I just read the Seattle signing and noticed that the teacher that got Brandon hoocked on books is named Ms. Reader.