what exactly is dawnslights powers

High prince of geeks

He seams to be able to do a vast array of things. Making certain things glow, warm vast amounts of war r. Make glowing plant grow with no help whatsoever. Making radios work without power and near instantaneous communication through fortune cookies. Do his powers boil down to anything specific or are the people right in worshiping him

• 2 weeks later...

Well his main power - if he has one - would seem to be to grow plants. He has control over the type of plants, even making them do otherwise impossible things like glow or send messages, and he used them to shore up the buildings in Babylar.

Or perhaps he has the power to add properties to things - he can add a property to paint that makes it glow or a property to water to make it warm.

Or maybe his power has to do with him being in a coma and it's about sustaining life. Instead of creating things his powers have changed circumstances in order to maintain the existing order. No more electric lighting? Make paint glow! City flooded? Heat that water up! Food running low? Fruit for everyone!

Or perhaps his powers are centred around trying to call for help. He was communicating through the fortune cookies, obviously, but he also told David to "Follow the music" which could mean that he was making radios work because it would enable someone to track his location.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I thought. 

I think his powers are dream-based.  As long as he's sleeping he can make his dreams a reality.

Wasn't there a line in Firefight that basically said straight out that he makes his dreams reality? I guess it's a good thing he doesn't have nightmares...

Wasn't there a line in Firefight that basically said straight out that he makes his dreams reality? I guess it's a good thing he doesn't have nightmares...

* puts on tinfoil hat *

Maybe Calamity and the Epics are all just nightmares, made reality by Dawnslight's powers.

* puts on tinfoil hat *

Maybe Calamity and the Epics are all just nightmares, made reality by Dawnslight's powers.

Dawnslight has some very strange nightmares. Nightmares that involve Evil Superman, a city made of steel, El Brass Bullish Dude, and a guy with unlimited ammo who is an extremely lousy shot.

Then again, I get the feeling that the fortune cookie scene began with Dawnslight thinking, "I need to send a message. Do fortune cookies grow on trees? I'm thinking yes." And that if he were ever roused from his coma, you could never convince him fortune cookie trees don't grow in the wild, so...

*puts on own tinfoil hat*

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

What good are GMOs if you can't grow a cookie tree?

The wild is really bad at doing GM. It's easier with the lab equipment method rather than letting things kill each other over a million years while hoping for a desired malfunction to occur.

The wild is really bad at doing GM. It's easier with the lab equipment method rather than letting things kill each other over a million years while hoping for a desired malfunction to occur.

It's pretty good at GM, it's just very slow and makes lots of mistakes.

• Chaos locked this topic