Steelheart vs. Prof [Firefight spoilers included]

Lightning

The charging is the problem though, Steelheart and Regalia can both producing city-wide effects instantaneously although Steelhearts is far less damaging than the others' but one of his energy blasts disintegrated most of a building so I think in the time that Obliteration was charging that Steelheart could level a large portion of a city too.

Actually, Steelheart´s transmutation is tied to his emotions, so he can´t pull a city wide stunt on a whim.

Actually, Steelheart´s transmutation is tied to his emotions, so he can´t pull a city wide stunt on a whim.

That's a fair point. I just realized that Nightwielder should definitely be up there too, he blanketed an entire city in darkness, has offensive capabilities as well as a pretty perfect PI.

So he does have some sort of metabolic resistance, for him to survive without oxygen. That almost seems to me like he does have two self preserving powers, like Prof.

I would not say those are two different powers: I think they are the same aspect of a single power which is an immunity to any kind damage as long as the weakness' criteria are not met.

Steelheart's set of abilities is rather diverse as he posses three distinct means of damage(his strength,his Aerokinesis and his blasts)as well as a"travel power"(his flight)and of course his invulnerability all of which synergize neatly.

This makes him an extremely deadly opponnent as he can normally(IE when his weakness is unknown to the opponent) continuously attck his enemy with having to care about said enemy's powers or attacks the slightest, which is what nets him his rep as event the most out there or destructive abilities mean nothing against him while he can dish out the hurt.

Now the problem with Phaedrus is that he posses TWO means of being completly protected from Steelheart's offensive: first and foremost his high end shields which are I would think as tough as Steelheart himself at their top capacity and second his healing which even diluted brought David back from death.

So with those aspects alone Prof can do something no other Epic could: weather Steelheart's push and draw the fight, and as the fight draws on and as it becomes clear Steelheart cannot hurt him, well fear of Stelheart will begin to lessen and eventually disappear altogether which isn't good for the metal themed Epic.

But that's not all: Prof also has great offensive abilities thanks to his forcefields which give him lots of options and would force Steelheart to stay on the defensive(which will make whatever fear of Steelheart Phaedrus might have vanish even quicker)but on the top of that Phaedrus also has great battlefield control thanks to his Tensor power and once again his fields.

So in conclusion Steelheart is not a threat to Phaedrus whatsoever, In fact Nightwielder would prove more problematic than him(not that he would manage to win thanks to the healing factor)

Intangibility vs Healing is a pretty unwinable fight, although Nightwielder can trap his opponents and his PI completely defeats Profs force fields.

Yes, unless the weakness are used neither can truly defeat the other but it is true that Nightwielder can trap prof while he cannot trap Nightwielder.

How sure are we that Nightwielder can't go through force fields? 

Nothing as far as I know. Can anyone remember if there was any weird interactions between the gifted forcefields and Nightwielder´s power?

Edited by Edgedancer

Only mention is the times David's shield blocks Nightwielder's shadow spears. Other than that, there's no interactions I can think of.

EDIT: We should, however, keep in mind the difference between passive defensive fields and offensive crushers. They behave very differently.

(This actually makes me wonder if David could have squashed people if he was given enough of it, or if that requires a ton of expertise.)

Edited by Observer

Only mention is the times David's shield blocks Nightwielder's shadow spears. Other than that, there's no interactions I can think of.

EDIT: We should, however, keep in mind the difference between passive defensive fields and offensive crushers. They behave very differently.

(This actually makes me wonder if David could have squashed people if he was given enough of it, or if that requires a ton of expertise.)

David is exceptionally good at copying what Prof does. I think that he just never thought that was a possibility, since he hadn't seen Prof do it. 

Regarding Nightwielder's spears, if the force fields can block those, then I'd say that Prof wouldn't have any problems dealing with Nightwielder.

And why do you say the offensive crushers act differently? We do know that Prof can set the fields to block different things, such as just heat. So while he could be setting different fields to do different things, I certainly didn't get the impression that they are very different.

Regarding Nightwielder's spears, if the force fields can block those, then I'd say that Prof wouldn't have any problems dealing with Nightwielder.

I don't see how, the spears are meant to be solid so it makes sense they'd be blocked by the force field. Prof would heal from the wounds even if they could penetrate his forcefield, it just means that instead of the shadows directly trapping prof that he'd trap himself in his own forcefields.

I don't see how, the spears are meant to be solid so it makes sense they'd be blocked by the force field. Prof would heal from the wounds even if they could penetrate his forcefield, it just means that instead of the shadows directly trapping prof that he'd trap himself in his own forcefields.

He doesn't need to trap himself. He can create force fields that move with him, or move specific places. So he can take the fight to a place that will help him out.

He doesn't need to trap himself. He can create force fields that move with him, or move specific places. So he can take the fight to a place that will help him out.

Whether or not he can move comes down to whether the force he can exert on his forcefields is greater than the force Nightwielder can exert on his shadows. Given that Nightwielder a) is barely using a fraction of his powers in his appearances thus far B) Uses his shadows offensively for the most part, whereas prof uses his fields defensively for the most part.

I'd give it to Nightwielder.

It's interesting that Steelheart called Prof "Little Epic" and now he's turning out to potentially be even more powerful. I suspect he still has powers we don't know about, and that we may not even know what sort of Epic he really is - as David suggested when he was presented with the possibility that Prof also had enhanced physical abilities.

• Chaos locked this topic