Calamity (The Reckoners #3) Takes Place in Atlanta

Argent

Hark; Team Sanderson has spoken. Until the Author himself speaks otherwise, "Hotlanta" is canon.

We need to get this to the wiki pronto, people.

Clearly this means Night´s Sorrow (why does he get an `s and Dawnslight doesn´t? :huh: ) is a fire Epic. It seems he has a bad naming sense. :P

I think it will just be named Hotlanta.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(But I would never downvote Peter because that scares me. I bet his Epic power is pre-emptively banning people who decide to downvote him.)

Sparks.  Please not Hotlanta *shudders*

Atlanta doesn't have the concentrated downtown that many other cities have, but most of the skyscrapers here do lie within a couple blocks of the main Peachtree Street.  It would be interesting if that long strip was all that's left.  

Also, you know what else is in Atlanta? The CDC. (And if this whole business with the Epics was caused by an experiment gone wrong at the CDC I'm going to laugh so hard.) 

Also, you know what else is in Atlanta? The CDC. (And if this whole business with the Epics was caused by an experiment gone wrong at the CDC I'm going to laugh so hard.) 

Oh didn't think of that maybe that's why Brandon chose to set the book in Atlanta, it's where the whole mess began or something.

Edited by Unhinged

Yes. Calamity will cause a calamity, which will be a calamity for those living in the light of Calamity. This calamity will inspire Calamity to cause more calamities, which will be even more of a calamitous calamity for those living under Calamity.....

CALAMITY

Yes. Calamity will cause a calamity, which will be a calamity for those living in the light of Calamity. This calamity will inspire Calamity to cause more calamities, which will be even more of a calamitous calamity for those living under Calamity.....

CALAMITY

Watch your language you Slontze!

It would be thematically appropriate to have a necromancer epic in Atlanta with an army of zombies.

Actually, that might be Night's Sorrow.

Night's Sorrow as an Epic necromancer could be really cool, but isn't there a line in Steelheart about no Epic being able to raise the dead? In context the line may have been referring to the restoration of the soul and personality of a deceased individual, but it'd still be a pretty odd line if there was going to be a necromantic menace in the third book.

Night's Sorrow as an Epic necromancer could be really cool, but isn't there a line in Steelheart about no Epic being able to raise the dead? In context the line may have been referring to the restoration of the soul and personality of a deceased individual, but it'd still be a pretty odd line if there was going to be a necromantic menace in the third book.

Well, the Coven does seem to have a satanic theme to it, and undead certainly fit that mold.  I was more saying it because of Atlanta's association with zombie festivals and all that stuff.  Besides, zombies aren't living beings, unless we're talking about World War Z zombies (the book.  There is no movie starring Brad Pitt.  It was canceled due to its suckiness).

• 1 month later...

I still think an epic that can bring back the dead in any form would have been mentioned.

although.... That would be awesome, and quite ironic given it is the home of the CDC, who has their own zombie apocalypse survival plan hahaha

What if necromancer!Night's Sorrow was a member of the CDC before Calamity? :blink:

• Chaos locked this topic