What makes prof so powerful?

High prince of geeks

I'm just wondering if Tia may be the trigger for Prof's weakness somehow. We know that they used to date in the past at the very least. It could be that his weakness has something to do with failing to protect someone he cares about (stemming from the deaths of his students), and from what I've seen Tia would be the only living character to qualify as I don't feel that Prof has the same connection with the other members of the Reckoners. In order to prevent his weakness from being taken advantage of, Prof would kidnap Tia and squirrel her away somewhere safe. Then again, I may be completely nuts, but that's my theory.

Well Tia has to be taken off the table at the beginning of Calamity because David now understands how Epic weaknesses work, which means all he has to do with Prof Phaedrus is figure out what he's afraid of... which Tia would likely know. It's too easy that way, so she most likely appear until the end of the book. Perhaps David will have to track down the loreists to try to get their help instead.

At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if Tia and Prof were responsible for the Kennedy assassination. <_<  Those two kept some serious secrets from the other Reckoners. And while I get that some level of secrecy is required in a secret society, the secrets they keep have actively endangered the lives of other Reckoners. The claim that Prof's gifts were technology would have resulted in Megan's death had she not been an Epic herself, and if they had come clean about Prof and Regalia's early association, the Reckoners might have pieced together Regalia's master plan before it was too late.

In Calamity I'm hoping that Tia will finally start answering some direct questions, because at this point, David and the other Reckoners deserve it.

I agree that they kept more secrets than necessary, and that it endangered the other Reckoners; but, had Megan not been an Epic, the "Reckoner technology" would have worked perfectly for her, shielding her in the crash and healing her afterwards. A few minutes later, though, knowing that he had been gifted Epic powers would have allowed him to escape without Prof's help, because a torn glove wouldn't have meant anything at all.

• 1 month later...

Well Tia has to be taken off the table at the beginning of Calamity because David now understands how Epic weaknesses work, which means all he has to do with Prof Phaedrus is figure out what he's afraid of... which Tia would likely know. It's too easy that way, so she most likely appear until the end of the book. Perhaps David will have to track down the loreists to try to get their help instead.

Even moreso than knowing what he's afraid of, she likely knows how he got himself under control the first time (when he was running with the other Epics).  She was awfully conspicuously absent at the end of Firefight, probably for that very reason.

• 3 weeks later...

what if TIa is an epic...but cola is somehow her weakness? She forces it on herself to keep her in control. (this book talks WAY too much about her cola addiction without it being something. 

Tia can't be an epic because Prof and Conflux were able to gift their powers to her.

• Chaos locked this topic