Actually David aknowledges to himself that he was wrong in calling Regalia a High Epic. When explaining the term to the other Reckoners he supports Tia´s definition by saying:

After listing some examples like Steelheart and Firefight he thinks:

After the explanation Regalia has only been refered to as a high Epic once, after David killed her. So unless there´s another definition given in the first book David simply made the common mistake of assuming powerful Epic equals High Epic.

You gotta remember though, David spent most of his life writing his Epic notes, cannibalizing terms from multiple actual classification systems (possibly incorrectly) and making up his own. When he is corrected by the actual expert he is probably willing to change his mind, but he's probably used to doing it wrong. He probably did have a different definition of High Epic once that subconsciously made him associate Regalia's threat level with Steelheart, and promptly caught himself after Tia pointed it out.

Also, these epics are really bad at coming up with superhero names!

Yes, though in fairness Brandon has mentioned that it is hard to find superhero/villain names that aren't already trademarked. I do think it is representative of what would happen if random people off the street had to come up with a name related to a random powerset. Not everyone is super creative, and the clever idea they had might have been for that other Epic's powers, not their own.

Once you get this list to a good stage of completion, it would be great if you could transfer the information to the coppermind. That wiki needs some love, especially on non-cosmere works like the Reckoners.

@Joe: Off-topic note--the theory and elimination spoilers in your signature aren't working.

Always open. The Oregon one is fine, but the other two have an empty spoiler box followed by all the text. I am guessing that the issue may be with the /spoiler end tag?

EDIT: Actually, maybe it's my browser. I just opened the page in a different one and all three looked fine. Carry on!

Edited by ccstat

• 1 month later...

I just remembered Backbreaker. We know absolutely nothing about this Epic besides the fact that David mentions him/her in the same sentence as Obliteration as an Epic capable of destroying all of Newcago. This presumably makes Backbreaker "a big deal," as the kids say.

• 3 years later...

I hate to necro this, but someone just requested access to edit the spreadsheet, but google says the email address is not accepting emails outside of their domain.  If it's you, please adjust your email settings, and re-request access!

• 4 months later...

Hey! I'm a bit late to this, but I found a few more (some are only in Calamity, I think), if you're still doing it -

There's Amala - Unknown powers.

Absence - Unknown powers, High Epic

I guess you could include Calamity, though I'm not really sure if he should be included or not.

Calling War - Unknown powers, High Epic

Daystorm - Unknown powers, High Epic

Strongtower - Unknown powers, has a power like Steelheart's, High Epic

Crossmark - Unknown powers, can only be killed by 5 people shooting at her at once. Not a High Epic

Dialas - Unknown powers

The Creer Boys (twins, members of the Coven) - Air pressure control, pain manipulation, precognition.

Also:

Anything isn't Curveball's weakness, as "Anything" can't make him run out of bullets (/negate his powers)

Fortuity's weakness is definitely attraction (no need for ?)

Where did you get Obliteration's weakness from? I don't remember it being mentioned.

I don't think Faultline has a Prime Invincibility.

Sorry this is so long, and you should note that most of my information is taken from the Coppermind page on Epics (which classifies High Epics as those with Prime Invincibilities btw). 

• 1 month later...

So whoever just requested access, I can't send you the access permission because it's blocked by your domain.

Error

The administrator for <<?????>> has disabled the ability to receive items from outside their domain. If those you're attempting to share with would like more information, they should contact their domain administrator directly.

Edited by RShara

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to necro but I need to say two things.

1. Please make sure that you can receive emails at whatever email address you request access from. For example, I get a LOT of requests from a .k12 address. Those addresses do not allow responses from addresses outside of their domain, so I can't do anything with the request.

2. The coppermind has a better and more updated list, so that would be a better place to go anyway, at this point. https://coppermind.net/wiki/Category:Epics

Thanks!