I made a list!  Of Epics!  Their names, powers (if known), weaknesses, whether they had prime invincibility, whether they were able to Gift, and any possibly significant notes.

I'm not completely done yet--Went through Steelheart, and partway through Firefight.  I forgot to look through Mitosis, so I'll do that after Firefight.

Work in progress, please point out mistakes!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o7757LlkTY0abA4zOqjy62rcJhTHFihIareANxa1YPo/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Please read these two points. They are VERY IMPORTANT.

1. Please make sure that you can receive emails at whatever email address you request access from. For example, I get a LOT of requests from a .k12 address. Those addresses do not allow responses from addresses outside of their domain, so I can't do anything with the request.

2. The coppermind has a better and more updated list, so that would be a better place to go anyway, at this point. https://coppermind.net/wiki/Category:Epics

Thanks!

Edited by RShara

I would like to see a little more... reportive wording for things like Power(s), Weakness, and Notes. Let's take Mitosis, for example.

• High Epic: I think we could use a checkbox for this, because while Prime Invincibility is one of the ways to attain this status, it is not the only one.
  • Power(s): "Duplicating himself" > "Mitosis can create and control clones of himself." This would need more information, such as the number of clones, how vulnerable they are, how much control he has over them, and so on.
  • Weakness: "His own music." > "Mitosis weakness is triggered when he hears the sound of his own music."
  • Weakness Trigger (or something like that): The event which "triggered" the Epics' weakness - e.g. Sourcefield's poisoning by her grandparents (?) with Kool-Aid, or Megan's nearly burning to death.
  • Notes: Real name, history, notable events in the past, etc. Could also split this into multiple columns if we find some of those things more notable and well known (I could see Real Name becoming its own column).

David defines a High Epic as an Epic with any defensive abilities - I had to quote that just a few days ago in a different thread, the one about classification of Epics. It doesn't even have to include invincibility, let alone Prime.

David defines a High Epic as an Epic with any defensive abilities - I had to quote that just a few days ago in a different thread, the one about classification of Epics. It doesn't even have to include invincibility, let alone Prime.

Tia defines a High Epic as 'an Epic whose powers prevent them from being killed in conventional ways.'

Almost identical to Davids definition of a PI 'It’s what I call an Epic power that renders conventional methods of assassination useless.'

Which is why I said it depends which definition you use, David classes Regalia as a High Epic, Tia explicitly doesn't.

Tia defines a High Epic as 'an Epic whose powers prevent them from being killed in conventional ways.'

Almost identical to Davids definition of a PI 'It’s what I call an Epic power that renders conventional methods of assassination useless.'

Which is why I said it depends which definition you use, David classes Regalia as a High Epic, Tia explicitly doesn't.

Actually David aknowledges to himself that he was wrong in calling Regalia a High Epic. When explaining the term to the other Reckoners he supports Tia´s definition by saying:

Regalia," I explained to him, "has no form of protective powers, not directly. That´s what makes someone a High Epic.

After listing some examples like Steelheart and Firefight he thinks:

It was true, and I realized I´d been thinking about Regalia like I had Steelheart. That was wrong.

After the explanation Regalia has only been refered to as a high Epic once, after David killed her. So unless there´s another definition given in the first book David simply made the common mistake of assuming powerful Epic equals High Epic.

Argent, I don't want to be too verbose.  It's meant to be a cheatsheet of sorts, so 1-2 word descriptions, rather than full sentences.  I don't remember off-hand all of the High Epics, so I'll add that column and populate it fully later (unless someone else remembers and tells me ;) )

I added Digzone and Pink Pinkness!

Argent, I don't want to be too verbose.  It's meant to be a cheatsheet of sorts, so 1-2 word descriptions, rather than full sentences.  I don't remember off-hand all of the High Epics, so I'll add that column and populate it fully later (unless someone else remembers and tells me ;) )

Fair enough, the project is yours to direct. 

Wow!  This is a great idea!

Just went through your list, i think you miss Pink Pinkness.   

[EDITED 1] My mistake, it's there already.  :P

[EDITED 2] What about Calamity?   And the unknown epic who could manipulate water and whose corpse was used to create the spyril.

Edited by my0t1

Wow!  This is a great idea!

Just went through your list, i think you miss Pink Pinkness.   

[EDITED 1] My mistake, it's there already.  :P

[EDITED 2] What about Calamity?   And the unknown epic who could manipulate water and whose corpse was used to create the spyril.

Regalia gave that deceased epic's name as Waterlog, if memory serves.  (The one used to create the sypril.)

I'm...not convinced Calamity is actually an epic :)

I'm not so sure either.  Thus the question mark.   :P

Regalia gave that deceased epic's name as Waterlog, if memory serves.  (The one used to create the sypril.)

You are right.  His name is Waterlog.  You have very good memory!

Murkwood?  Which book, please?  I must have missed him.

He was the one who was once called Lincoln, mentioned in Firefight. He was part of the attempted superhero team that Prof and Regalia were part of. To the best of my knowledge we don't know anything about his powers, though.

Edited by Kobold King