Gaz, the One-eye

blad3mast3r

Well.

What if Gaz's lost eye was light?  doesn't seem too likely.

However, If he (along with Vathah) becomes a squire to Shallan, We'll find out, Won't we?

-------------------------------

Actually, I thought of something even better while I was typing this:  If you were a One-eye, you could pretend to

be either a Lighteyes or a Darkeyes just by moving your Eyepatch. :-)

Are there any characters beside Gaz who wear an eyepatch/are missing an eye?

I don't think Shallan can have squires. That being said I can't think of any other characters that are missing eyes. Nice theory though!

Any particular reason why you think she can't have squires? I could see it being uncommon for Lightweavers but if the squire bond comes from trust/belief in their Radiant or the like then I'd say her men have a good chance of becoming squires as they're becoming increasingly loyal and devoted to her.

Look up the topic " Squires? " it will answer all Mr/ Ms Kari.

There's lots of theories and speculation but what lead you to make your comment?

That I'm aware of this is the only WoB that covers some Orders having squires and others not:

ARGENT

And each Order's squires are somehow different from the other Orders'?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yeeeaaaa... some Orders do not have them.

ARGENT

But some have more?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yea.

If it was tied to a particular Surge then just two orders would have Squires and the other 8 would have none, which is very different to "some orders do not have them".

From a story telling point of view it looks quite natural for Shallan's men to become Squires (seems a bit of a waste otherwise)

I agree with Kari, I would like to know where you're getting your info CHOUTAGOD. Of any of the orders, I would expect Bondsmiths to not have Squires. Moreover, I would expect Lightweavers to have them, because they are creative types, and creative types always have helpers (real world has agents). It would surprise me if Lightweavers have no Squires.

Mostly I think Shallan has no squires because she is at a higher level than Kaladin and has none. Also I sincerely hope she has none because she manipulates people way too much. Other than Kaladin I don't see her as having trust in almost anyone she can't manipulate.

Mostly I think Shallan has no squires because she is at a higher level than Kaladin and has none. Also I sincerely hope she has none because she manipulates people way too much. Other than Kaladin I don't see her as having trust in almost anyone she can't manipulate.

She's also only met her men over the last month or two and kind of manipulated and bribed her way to loyalty before the respect set in after she truly delivered , while Kal has been defiantly staring death in the face with his current squires for quite a storming long while.

• Chaos locked this topic