Brandon Sanderson Facts

Shaggai

• 1 month later...

Sanderson merely has to come up with his stories; they will become the ideal form of "novel" in the spiritual and cognitive realms just by doing so, becoming an Essence. The printing presses used to print his books are actually soulcasters.

• 2 weeks later...

Every book Brandon has released up to this point has been a "warm up" novel, each was written accidentally.

Sanderson was once actually part of the Cosmere, he wrote about our world and the books were so good that the cognitive and spiritual realm reshaped the physical realm in the books image. He is writing cosmere novels in hope of returning the world to how it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon Sanderson can scare a pot of ink into a Stormlight novel. One time he created a map that had a hidden message that is probably related to math higher than calculus and we still don't know what it says. When he put his books on the internet it tripled in size. 

Brandon once visited the Nightwatcher and asked for the ability to write fantasy novels unparalleled by any other. The Nightwatcher in turn cursed him with this thread, knowing if he ever came across it he'd be really really embarrassed.

I thought the curse was that he is now incapable of stopping writing

Brandon Sanderson can scare a pot of ink into a Stormlight novel. One time he created a map that had a hidden message that is probably related to math higher than calculus and we still don't know what it says. When he put his books on the internet it tripled in size.

Julia sets aren't higher than calculus. Although I'm not sure about quaternions. Apparently the fundamental formula is i2 + j2 + k2 = ijk = -1, which isn't that complicated, but there might be more than that.

Julia sets aren't higher than calculus. Although I'm not sure about quaternions. Apparently the fundamental formula is i2 + j2 + k2 = ijk = -1, which isn't that complicated, but there might be more than that.

You'll need more terms for each dimension you're adding to the coordinates too, obviously. And I believe the specific definition is more fancy than that.

But the actual map is just referencing one frame of a web animation of a specific Julia set, so it's not that complicated.

The New York stock exchange is a Sanderson magic system

Brandon Sanderson once wrote a book with a continuity error. This led to the fall of Atlantis

Brandon Sanderson was once assassinated by his Writing Excuses co-hosts, but he retconned it

The FBI asked Brandon who really killed Kennedy, but he RAFOed them

Upvoted for these four. Also, welcome!

The kilogram is actually based off of half the mass of a paperback copy of The Way of Kings, the paperback box set of the Mistborn trilogy, the paperback version of Steelheart, and the electrons for the Ebook version of The Emperor's Soul.

EDIT: Changed this somewhat to be more accurate. :P Apparently, Amazon has weights for products.

Edited by kinxer

I thought the sands were made into glasses.....

Yes, the sands of time were made into Lenses, but Brandon currently uses them to convince the world that he writes fast. He just keeps the piles of golden dust that accumulate around his desk a secret. 

Hold on. The Quaternion group shows up in a novel? WHERE?

Ok, thanks! I didn't realize you were referring to which Julia set is the map of Roshar. When I discovered this, my respect for Mr. Sanderson skyrocketed (in case you don't know, my "picture" is of a part of the Mandelbrot set, which is closely related to Julia sets).

• 3 weeks later...