Without Looking It Up (game)

Newan

Okay, well it is a non-D&D question, but that probably just makes it harder, I guess. 

These are the systems I've played, but there are literally many dozens of RPG systems out there (+100 and more).

1.       Runequest

2.       Warhammer

3.       Powers & Perils

4.       Judge Dredd

5.       Harnmaster

6.       Bushido

7.       Aftermath

8.       Ringworld

9.       Pendragon

10.    Rolemaster

11.    Call of C’thulu

12.    Superworld

13.    Champions

14.    Elfquest

15.    Thieves’ World

Another question:

WLIU, can you name 20 character from Lord of the Rings (books not movie)?

(Can you tell I'm just trying to pass the turn now? ;)

3 hours ago, Robinski said:

Okay, well it is a non-D&D question, but that probably just makes it harder, I guess. 

These are the systems I've played, but there are literally many dozens of RPG systems out there (+100 and more).

1.       Runequest

2.       Warhammer

3.       Powers & Perils

4.       Judge Dredd

5.       Harnmaster

6.       Bushido

7.       Aftermath

8.       Ringworld

9.       Pendragon

10.    Rolemaster

11.    Call of C’thulu

12.    Superworld

13.    Champions

14.    Elfquest

15.    Thieves’ World

Another question:

WLIU, can you name 20 character from Lord of the Rings (books not movie)?

(Can you tell I'm just trying to pass the turn now? ;)

Frodo, Tom bombadil, Elrond, Sarumon, Gandalf, Bilbo, Aragorn, Gimli, Gollum, Samwise gamgi, the Balrog, Sauron,  The ringwraith who attacks minas tirith, Smaug, Bard, Galadriel, Isildur, Oakenshield the king under the mountain, Master of Laketown's , The ghost king who was damned until his oath was fulfilled.

39 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Frodo (1), Tom bombadil (2), Elrond (3), Sarumon (4), Gandalf (5), Bilbo (6), Aragorn (7), Gimli (8), Gollum (9), Samwise gamgi (10), the Balrog (11), Sauron (12), The ringwraith who attacks minas tirith (13), Smaug (14), Bard, Galadriel (15), Isildur (16), Oakenshield the king under the mountain (17), Master of Laketown's , The ghost king who was damned until his oath was fulfilled (18).

Heya, so... I'm not a LotR scholar, but:

- I think the Balrog is debatable as a character, rather than a beast, but I'll go with it.

- Isildur does appear on the page in LotR, so I'd better give you that one although he doesn't really participate in the story ;) 

- Is Thorin Oakenshield mentioned in LotR? I'm confident the Master of Laketown and Bard or only in the Hobbit. Is Smaug mentioned in LotR? I'm not convinced, but I can't disprove it, so I'll let you have it.

So I reckon that's 18. Care to go for another 2? You're missing some fellowship members apart from anything else.

Edited by Robinski

16 minutes ago, Robinski said:

Heya, so... I'm not a LotR scholar, but:

- I think the Balrog is debatable as a character, rather than a beast, but I'll go with it.

- Isildur doesn't actually appear in LotR (does he?), but only is mentioned. He's on screen in the movies but I did say not the movies ;) 

- Thorin Oakenshield is only in the Hobbit, as are the Master of Laketown, Samug and Bard.

So I reckon that's 15. Care to go for another 5? You're missing some fellowship members apart from anything else.

My research shows Isildur to have appeared in the lord of the rings books. As for my hobbit characters your wording of the question did not make the hobbit off limits.

However, Boromir, caretaker of minas tirith, Rohan's king (whose name I forget), Rohan's king's daughter, Elrond's daughter (whose name I forget)

Edited by Nathrangking

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, Nathrangking said:

I corrected it in any case however: Name the emperors of the julian line.

On 11/8/2019 at 0:48 AM, Blessed peace said:

I guess  you mean Cesar's heirs so, octavian and all the other's with julius in their name

Haha! I know this one! Augustus (Octavius) was adopted by Caesar, and his heirs, in turn were also adopted, including Tiberius

The evil emperor Nero and the hedonistic emperor Caligula were also on this list

These are all the Roman Emperors I know aside from Constantine and Diocletian (palace in Split, Croatia, thanks Riordan!)

1 hour ago, Shard River said:

Haha! I know this one! Augustus (Octavius) was adopted by Caesar, and his heirs, in turn were also adopted, including Tiberius

The evil emperor Nero and the hedonistic emperor Caligula were also on this list

These are all the Roman Emperors I know aside from Constantine and Diocletian (palace in Split, Croatia, thanks Riordan!)

I'll accept this though you did miss Claudius.

7 hours ago, Shard River said:

I have no idea who that is. I think we skipped over him in history class

So, I get to choose the next question?

Name 10 stars (the astronomical kind, not the Hollywood kind)

He was Caligula's uncle. Nero took over from him.

Edited by Nathrangking

23 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Name 10 stars (the astronomical kind, not the Hollywood kind)

Sol (our sun, if you wanna be boring), Polaris, Alpha Centauri, Beta Centauri, Sirius, Bellatrix, Regulus, Arcturus, Betelgeuse, and Vega! (I think.)

WLIU, name all six basic elements from Bionicle, as well as three secondary ones. 

Edited by Slowswift

1 minute ago, Slowswift said:

Sol (our sun, if you wanna be boring), Polaris, Alpha Centauri, Beta Centauri, Sirius, Bellatrix, Regulus, Arcturus, Betelgeuse, and Vega! (I think.)

Well, you can cut the 'slow' part out of your name, that was fast!

Beta Centauri is a star system though but Alpha and Proximima together make up a binary system and both were mentioned, so I'm counting it. good job!

Just now, Honorless said:

Well, you can cut the 'slow' part out of your name, that was fast!

Beta Centauri is a star system though but Alpha and Proximima together make up a binary system and both were mentioned, so I'm counting it. good job!

:D

I admit that I looked it up (after I posted, promise!) and found that I had mixed up the name of the system and the star, but I figured it might still count. :P Thanks!