Theory about Epic Powers [Spoilers included]

Lightning

I have to admit that I did not see Firefight's true power coming.  The ability to reach into alternate possibilities?!  Awesome.

It got me thinking about how each of the epic powers disobeys the laws of physics.  Bullets literally reverse direction.  Momentum is passed from one object to another.  People can scry using water.

But couldn't each of these abilities just be how things work in an alternate universe?  So could it not be that each and every epic power is just someone tapping an alternate reality in some way.  Firefight's ability is just less-focused than the others.  They can only pull off specified effects.  Firefight can literally make anything happen for a short time (at least in her amplified state, when she is reborn).

This also might explain Calamity, who came from an alternate universe to our own.  Perhaps he/she can channel all of the abilities at once.  Or maybe scientists (at NASA, where Tia worked) pierced the boundary of our universe, and that's how Calamity was created.

• Chaos locked this topic