Dawnslight

Mailliw73

Yeah Nightweilder is sure to have been badly sunburned. Steelheart presumably lived in some sort of gang culture at some point, perhaps in prison (he was known to be a bully) and needed people afraid of him, and Fortuity no doubt has been through a messy, messy divorce.

Other book spoilers in tags are minor but real - be warned.

I think Dawnslight is something else entirely, although I'm not sure. In Brandon's books religions always matter somehow (MISTBORN SPOILER

Consider Sazed

LEGION SPOILER

consider the Jesus figure in the photo

Stormlight book 1 spoiler

Consider the impact the ardents have had changing and suppressing history

. The religion (cannot remember the name, /derp) of having faith in 'good epics' is probably important.

As a red comet, Calamity is a good opposite to 'Dawnslight', assuming DL lives up to his name in any way. I would not be surprised if DL continues to oppose Calamity the way he opposed Regalia in Firefight.

iirc, Abraham's "religion" (I wouldn't actually go so far as to call it that) has no name, but it's followers are referred to as 'The Faithful'.

I'd have to double check, and I don't have my book handy, but I thought Steelheart was a high school jock (in addition to being a bully)?  Though given that he did badly beat someone at one point, it's likely that he spent time in prison.

iirc, Abraham's "religion" (I wouldn't actually go so far as to call it that) has no name, but it's followers are referred to as 'The Faithful'.

I'd have to double check, and I don't have my book handy, but I thought Steelheart was a high school jock (in addition to being a bully)?  Though given that he did badly beat someone at one point, it's likely that he spent time in prison.

Yeah he was a bully and a jock. I can't see gang culture being traumatic enough to make him afraid of not people that weren't afraid of him unless he did jail time in one of the world's worse prisons. Given that he was American (I think?), prison is pretty likely.

Thanks for reminding me of the name of the Faithful. 

Yup.  The discussion of the pendant's shape came up after the first book was released, and that seems the most likely conclusion.  In particular, Steelheart is essentially Superman without the latter's morals.  As such, it's very unlikely that the similarity between the pendant as described and Superman's 'S' is a coincidence.

• Chaos locked this topic