Other writing sources

A lot of us enjoy writing excuses, and have learned a lot from it about writing. Some just enjoying reading things about the techniques that writers use.

This will hopefully end up as a collection of other sources for people to access if they want other advice on their writing.

Some topics addressed by Brent Weeks (Night Angel Trilogy) about all sorts of writing things.

Writing-Advice

David Farland (The Runelords) has a set of posts that might help some people

Daily Kick in the Pants

Ira Glass on Storytelling

Motivational Video

Random Advice for writers

Overcoming Writer's Block

Write About Dragons The site that collects all of Brandon's 2012 lectures from his creative writing class.

Feel Free to post any other links people have found helpful and I'll add them to this post.

Edited by JamesW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I get a lot of my advice from podcasts, as it lets me work on my writing while doing housework. My favourites include:

• Adventures in SciFi Publishing - lots of author interviews, so a variety of comments on technique
  • I Should Be Writing - as much for motivation as for technique, I like listening to Mur but she rambles a bit
  • The Roundtable Podcast - alternates between interviews with authors and shows where they demonstrate their skills by workshoping a story - has unfortunately just gone on hiatus, but there's a whole load of old shows to listen to

• 2 weeks later...