13 posts in this topic

I made a theme song for the Kholin family: Kholin Alight! 

​Shattered Plains

Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/ostrichofevil/kholin-alight

This is the main theme.  It is not done!  I eventually will write themes for Dalinar (maybe with some Kaladin), Adolin, Renarin, and Jasnah (maybe with some Shallan).

EDIT - This project is now called Shattered Plains

Edited by ostrichofevil

That's actually very cool. I am looking forward to hear your next creations.

Damnation. My toy piano does not go down enough to play it all. I have only one octave in a half on it :unsure: I did try though with my utmost nonexistent musical talent, sounded more or less like it up until I started missing notes. Oh well.

Edited by maxal

Hey, you have great ideas. However, you could use some better sounds  :D

My siblings, of which there are many, are all musical and we have a smattering of Violinists and Pianists, but I don't have a good Mic or I might get them to record this. But I do have some better sounding software. Maybe I'll fix this up a little if you would like that? I'll just change the sounds. ;)  Anyway, great musical ideas here. I'm also a composer of sorts and I hope to make some fan music too  :P  Hope to hear more!

Edited by Fanderson

Hey, you have great ideas. However, you could use some better sounds  :D

My siblings, of which there are many, are all musical and we have a smattering of Violinists and Pianists, but I don't have a good Mic or I might get them to record this. But I do have some better sounding software. Maybe I'll fix this up a little if you would like that? I'll just change the sounds. ;)  Anyway, great musical ideas here. I'm also a composer of sorts and I hope to make some fan music too  :P  Hope to hear more!

I agree with your comment on needing better sounds.  Sibelius really needs some work on that…  So if you'd like to generate a better sound file, please do!  Here's a link to the Sibelius file.

I agree with your comment on needing better sounds.  Sibelius really needs some work on that…  So if you'd like to generate a better sound file, please do!  Here's a link to the Sibelius file.

Your file is titled Alethkar Alight. Did you decide to change it after you started? :) Anyway, I don't have Sibelius really, and I have an old version of Finale, but your piece is short enough I can input it manually (I have a USB keyboard) into a DAW and use some VST Instruments for it. We'll see how it turns out. 

Thanks!  And yes, your guess about the name change was right.  I started with Alethkar Alight and changed it to Kholin Alight.

Ok, I quickly put this together. Sorry, I probably didn't mix it the best (piano too loud), but school just started and I'm getting back into that and also writing my own Sanderson Fan music :D If you want to know, the piano is one from Miroslav Philharmonik and the violin is from East-West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra. Maybe if I get time later I'll fix it up, but imho it sounds much better than Sibelius' version. :)

I'm now changing the name of the main theme to "Shattered Plains".  I think it sounds better.

I'm now changing the name of the main theme to "Shattered Plains".  I think it sounds better.

That is a better name, though the Kholin Alight had a nice abstract feel to it. It does change the subject a bit so it's not so much about the Kholin Family as about the... Shattered Plains  :lol: But I did listen to your other piece on Soundcloud and it sounds great! Mmm, if I'm not too forward, I've also uploaded a fan song and thought you might like to hear it. :ph34r: