Guys, I was capable of handling almost 30 players while running UberTin. Don't worry, we're not going to hit a cap. ;) Having more players just means that I can have even more fun with the roles! I might actually run two Mistborn and I'm capable of having enough leeway that I can (hopefully) keep you all guessing as to the distribution for the roles too. 

I'm away on vacation right now, so I can't talk too much. I should get back in time for this game, so I'll sign up as Satrams, the nervous barkeep.

And now we have our tavern for the tineyes to vandalize. :P   I was wondering who would take that role.

Cleo sat at the tavern, tired out from a day of trying really hard not to steal from all the interesting fol' in town. Before she had worked out what she was doing, Cleo had stole a straw from the man next to her. The moment she had realized what she did, she dropped the straw. She normally couldn't even get away with returning the things she stole by accident because that meant she had to admit she had stolen it in the first place. Cleo might have been an unconscious thief, but she had never been caught. Yet. It was the yet that bothered Cleo. One moment later, she had stolen a fistful of coins from the tavern. Cleo shook her head and slipped the coins into her pocket. At least she never had problems with money. The only real reason for her apprenticeship was to learn how to make her own metals. She didn't care about the money, just convenience. Money really... Another purse was in Cleo's hands. She subtly dropped it onto the floor.

What she was saying, money really didn't matter to her, never seemed more fit than then. 

Find stood upon a blackened hilltop, watching the ash fall down on the not-so-small village of Tyrian Falls from afar, chronicling everybody he could see roaming about. Recording who they were, what they did, and if at all possible, what their intents and motives might even be. With the impending threat of the advancing Koloss, and their defenses being weakened, Find had found himself wanting to rush down and volunteer his aide.

But he reminded himself that his role was that his role was that of non-intervention. He was to simply Find stories and record them. Not participate himself.

He sighed and started storing memories and notes he had collected thus far in his Coppermind, and then stopped with a sudden realization.

He tapped copper instead, sorting through his catalog of memories and notes he had collected over years of careful hunting. He quickly found what he was looking for. A story, just like this one. No, almost exactly like this one.

Find shook his head. Something wasn't right. He was missing something. It seemed like he still had a story to finish before he could watch this one unfold.

Edit: Just to be clear, I will be sitting this game out as the Impartial Mod, so if anybody has any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask the GM or myself. This game is shaping up to look completely awesome, and I can't wait to see the bloodbath fun begin! :D Enjoy the game everybody!

Edited by Gamma Fiend

So, this is the legendary 17th Shard Role Playing game I've been hearing about? oOo

I'd be happy to join, if there's space.

So... for a character...

Odustren Kuethershud was a traveling painter, who recently arrived at Tyrian Falls- but had been unable to leave due to the threat of Koloss building up around the town. Unable to do much, he wanders the streets occasionally asking people if they want a portrait done- in order to be able to afford food during the siege.

Does that work? :V

So, this is the legendary 17th Shard Role Playing game I've been hearing about? oOo
I'd be happy to join, if there's space.
So... for a character...
Odustren Kuethershud was a traveling painter, who recently arrived at Tyrian Falls- but had been unable to leave due to the threat of Koloss building up around the town. Unable to do much, he wanders the streets occasionally asking people if they want a portrait done- in order to be able to afford food during the siege.
Does that work? :V

That works fine. :)

Welcome to the party, we're all gonna die!

I've been umming and ahhing over whether to join this one. On the one hand, this coming month is exam period and I really should be working. On the other though, we have a good mix of people, and although I've GMed one, I still haven't played a Scadrial game.

So why not? I'm in. Just expect my participation to tail off near the end, if I survive that long (heavy if there). The choice of character is difficult, however. I would try something entirely knew, but the difficult bit is running out of new names...

I shall be Wyra, a hardy young woman who tends to enjoy being confrontational for the sake of it. This has led to a few punches being thrown, both at and by her, and she's privately a bit pleased that her appearance has been marred a bit by the brawls - She is forever fearful of attracting a noble's eye, just out of principle rather than experience.

Work-wise, she is somewhat odd in that she tends to help in the village smithy. While she herself would never be allowed to learn the secrets of the trade, from her time hanging around, she has picked a few things up. The smith tolerate having her around because her arguing skills come in useful when haggling, and she knows better than to scare customers off.

So, let's see how this works out :P

Edited by Wyrmhero

.... I'm not sure why Maill would be warning his relatives to be wary of sons of Wil, since we were on the same side that time. The bugs from Bart make perfect sense though. If he plays this game, there's no way I'll trust anything he says. Ever. Especially if it has to do with being a Seeker (although that would be a perfect troll from Meta. Let's make Barty the Village Seeker this time....ugh)

Also, I'm still highly amused every time people with threat levels just as high as mine (like you, Alvron, and Meta) call attention to me and try to slide by themselves. I embrace it. You guys should too. :P

He was warned not to follow Wilson blindly into trusting bartbugs. :P

Woah. I wouldn't say I have a threat level anywhere near you. I don't think I'm even Holy-Batman level on anyone's lists. I'm a decent player, but I definitely don't think I'm as good as you three, especially on Team Evil.

He was warned not to follow Wilson blindly into trusting bartbugs. :P

Woah. I wouldn't say I have a threat level anywhere near you. I don't think I'm even Holy-Batman level on anyone's lists. I'm a decent player, but I definitely don't think I'm as good as you three, especially on Team Evil.

Yes, and that was a wise warning. However, by saying not to trust sons of Wil, he could possibly be labeled insane. Why, you ask? Well, you see, Wil is in Will, and that just happens to be the name of his creator. So he's pretty much saying not to trust himself. And he's telling his relatives not to trust themselves either. Totally sounds like a crazy person. :P

Details. I'm pretty sure you're on the Fiendishly-Cunning level on some people's lists, which is only just below the Holy-Batman level.

Meta: Thank you for your response to my clarificatory questions--I do have one more minor question, at this stage. Should we or should we not be including you in all PMs? :S

I would prefer being included, yes, BUT I can tell you all that this is not for any nefarious purpose. There is no UberTin or anything like that in this game. It really is just so I can help take care of any infractions that would be against the rules. That was the second game anyways! ;) 

Wow! So many new faces and so many faces we haven't seen in a while! This game is going to be crazy, I can tell already! :) I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has already signed up. We only have a few more days left before the chaos begins! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to it! 

If it's not too late, I'll be Reeco. He made pizza for a living before his old town got conquered by mysterious hooded figures, so he decided to move over to Tyrian Falls to try and build up a new life. A foreigner from a faraway place as he was, however, he was rather unaware of the danger...

Not seein’ a whole lot of RP goin’ on.  Rent is moderately displeased.

-----

“Hello there, good sir!” Rent smiled to a young man, while leaning on a sign that he had placed into the ash a few minutes ago.  “I do believe that ye’ve walked onto my territory, as stated on this here sign, and it looks like yer gonna hafta pay a penalty.”  Rent nodded, hiding a smirk, as he read from the front of his sign.  “Ah, yep.  See here?  ‘All trespassers must pay a flat fee of thirty-five boxings, as well as an additional five for every minute they stay in the marked zone.’  Ye’ve been in this marked zone for a good twelve minutes now, I’d say.  So, that’s… let me see…”  Rent began counting his fingers, muttering numbers to himself.

“I don’t see a marked zone,” the man responded frankly.

Rent stopped counting his fingers, and sputtered incredulously.  “No… no marked zone?  Why, it’s just beneath all this ash!  Yer fault that ya didn’t bother to check there.”  Rent resumed counting off his fingers, completely unaware that the man had begun walking away.  Eventually, Rent looked up from his fingers.  “Aha!  Forty-sev-- hey, where’d ya go?  ...Well, great.  Y’know, I really need somethin’ to keep them from leavin’ like that.  Downright rude, that is.  Maybe I’ll tell that fellow’s parents how downright appalling his behavior was.  That’d show ‘im!”

Rent pouted, walking off to the other side of the town square.  Clearly, his current method wasn’t working.  Well, what next?  It’s not like I can trap them here…  Rent giggled furiously, his giggle turning into a terrifyingly demonic cackle.  Then, without wasting a second, he ran off in search of several gardening implements and some wood.

Aralis was beyond fed up with Rent. With everyone in an uproar over the supposed army that was coming, an extra fool extorting people of the twon was beyond tolerable.

"Hey there, Rent! Why don't you go mark up a zone over by those Koloss that are supposed to be coming. Maybe a mythical army will pay you since none of us has either the time or money to bother with your foolishness. In fact, there is a real law that states anyone that annoys a skaa elder must pay a fee of 1 boxing to the council plus an additional 2 for every witness to the scene. If you don't stop this nonsense then I'll see how large of a mob I can gather together."

Only a day within the foreign walls of Tyrian Falls, and already some stranger was demanding money from him.

Odustren slid away as the peculiar man with the sign kept counting on his fingers, and walked briskly in the opposite direction. The guy not only seemed unofficial, but slightly batty. This notion continued to solidify as the sound of cackling erupted from the alley where he had left the strange man. Although, being a traveling merchant- Odustren had seen his fair share of irrational stragglers. The long days of ash and mist did that to unfortunates, and now that they were all cooped up together due to the threat of Koloss- things could only get worse. 

Stopping by a crossroad- Odustren put down his heavy bag and gathered his bearings to work out a path to a local inn.

"Hm... So if I take the next left here... then stay parallel to the marketplace there... I should be able to get...-"

Odustren's train of thought was interrupted by a sudden blur of movement that pushed him to the ash covered floor. Quickly picking himself up, Odustren turned to see a figure running off with his bag.

"Hey! Stop, thief!" Odustren shouted desperately.

All of Odustren's possessions- aside his coins, were in that bag. That included all his paints, brushes, and canvas's. True, the paint may only be made from cheap dye and ash- but getting more supplies in a siege would be near impossible- not to mention completely out of Odustren's price range. Panic gripped Odustren as the Thief turned a corner into an alley. How would he make an income without his paints?

"Stop! Damnation, you Thief! Stop!"

Sprinting as fast as possible, Odustren ran after the thief- shouting "Thief" as loud as he could all the way.

Edited by Unodus

Not really sure I planned Rent to be a thief.  A swindler, probably, but not exactly a thief.  But I guess I could see him "borrowing" a few things from people now and then.  :P

-----

Rent smiled to another passersby in the town square.  “Hello there, sir!  Just… just keep walking.  Nothin’ to see here.  Yep.”

The man looked at Rent quizzically, but kept walking.  Once the man reached the center of the square, the ground beneath him shook, and collapsed.

Rent snickered, walking over to where the man fell; a perfectly circular pit, strewn with ash.  “Get me out!” the man sputtered, coughing out the dusty ash.

Rent yawned.  “Yeah, yeah, sure.  Like I’ll actually let ya out after ya strayed into my territory and didn’t pay the fee.”

“What?  You can’t do this!” the man screamed.

“Of course I can.  Yer trapped in there.”

The man looked at the side of the pit, where a wooden ladder stood.  “I’m trapped?  Really?”  He began climbing up.

“No no no, wait!  I didn’t… wait, why… why did I put that there?  What could’ve possibly possessed me to put a perfectly reasonable escape option… gah!” Rent stormed off.  Ya know, I really need to take myself into account when making these foolproof plans from now on.  I… tend to mess them up quite a bit.  Sighing, Rent laid down onto the ashen ground of the town square.  Once, just once, he wanted his diabolical scheme to actually work.  But it wasn’t looking that way as of now.

Suddenly smiling craftily, he raced back to his shack in search of some wood and metal.  If he was actually going to get people to pay his fees, and bring justice and authority to this little wayward town square in this little wayward town, he’d have a lot of work to do.

-----

Anyway, there's a lot of people in this game!  I'm excited for the mayhem, destruction, murder, and intrigue to begin!

Edited by Renegade

There was already a town messenger in Tyrian Falls, Karnad was informed. "I'm not a messenger," he muttered, annoyed, to the town watch. "I'm a courier. That means I carry messages and packages for important people in Luthadel--the Lord Prelan himself, I'll have you know!--not people in some small town."

"Well, then, what are you doing here?" the watchman said, unimpressed.

"I'm making a stopover, if you must know," Karnad retorted. "Not all of us are Pewterarms, you know, and journeying from Fadrex straight into Luthadel isn't well-advised, when--" When Luthadel was on fire, he added, silently.

"Seems to me you're not much of a courier," said the watchman, dubiously.

"Look," Karnad sighed. "Don't you have more important things to be doing than harrassing innocent travellers? Like dealing with the army of koloss marching on your--" very tiny, he silently added, "--town?"

The watchman's eyes grew hard. "Well," he said, stubbornly, "What I do know is that we'll be needing every hand available to defend Tyrian Falls, here. And since you look as though you know your way around a blade, I'm conscripting you into the town watch."

Karnad spluttered. "You can't--by the Lord Ruler, you can't just do that. Lord Tevidian himself will be outraged that you've dared to--"

"Sonny," the watchman said, "Luthadel is in flames, and the Lord Ruler, the Sliver of Infinity, and all of that is dead. Quite frankly, I think the Lord Tevidian probably is too, and even if he weren't, he couldn't give two hoots about what's going on in Tyrian Falls right now. And that, as one of the town watch, is my responsibility. So yes, you're conscripted. If you want to argue about that, you can take it up at the other end of a sword. Understand?"

"Fine," Karnad ground out. "Now out of my way."

"Report to Farrow," the watchman ordered. "Tell him Teys said to set you up with some gear."

By the Lord Ruler, Karnad thought, exasperated, watching the smug watchman stride off into the distance. He could make a run for it now, of course, but with the chaos in Luthadel, it wasn't advisable. The only other way was back to Fadrex City, but as he moved through the town, he noticed that the watch had begun to set up barricades.

Rust. There was no running away, not now. Stopping at Tyrian Falls was turning out to be one of the worst decisions he'd ever made.