The Great Reread - The Great Hunt

Shivertongue

I finished book 2 a few minutes ago, yay! :)

damnation, I am a slow reader... *sighs* I hope I finish the books right in time :)

I wish I was a slower reader. I'm worried I'll finish with too much time to spare, and then have to wait for the ending...

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I was a slower reader. I'm worried I'll finish with too much time to spare, and then have to wait for the ending...

I have had the same issue in the past. Luckily for me, this time I have 2 little ones, 3 and 1, and a wife to keep me plenty busy. If I were still single I would probably have waited to start, oh, around Thanksgiving. :)

So I just finished, and I noticed this quote,

Deain's screams shook the Towers of Midnight

Interesting quote, that is, considering what we know about the Towers of Midnight.

I love all of these books. Such great depth.

Edited by Tulir

• 1 month later...

I think a lot of what probably used to annoy us on initial read throughs has been tempered by knowledge of what happens going forward and / or we ourselves are getting older.

That's my thought too. Which is why every little thing Egwene says that could originally be chalked up to childish naivety or her learning curve annoys the ever loving hell out of me. Because all I've got to look forward to her is her prominent arrogance.

I still wonder how Rand's battle with Ba'alzamon was possible though. Not saying it was implausible but to be fighting in the sky was a bit of a leap.

• 1 month later...

so I'm on day 2 quite late compared to most of you but I figured I would report in, at this rate I'm on track to make it.

Also the thing that struck me in this book was how Rand failed to realise something was up with 'Selene' seriously she was so blatantly manipulative and creepy and straight up vanishing and reappearing out of nowhere, it annoyed me the first time I read the book, she seemed out of place now knowing who she is I can't believe no one else sees it in the book.

I might be getting a little involved in the story too, it happens sometimes, could be bad, I won't have time to read a book a day for much longer.