The Great Reread - Sign-up Thread

Shivertongue

I can't confine myself within the parameters of the challenge because I've only read R.J.'s New Spring and will be re-reading it in a matter of days. I've challenged myself to read the entire R.J. WoT series this coming year and the sooner I start, the better. I feel completely awkward in that I'm one alone amongst few I know who haven't read R.J.! This totally sucks because I want to establish myself as someone who knows what she's talking about! I can't do that until I read the books.

Although I've read them all now, I came late to the WoT as well. Don't feel bad--you still get to experience the books for the first time!

I'm just starting my re-read, and I'd like to officially join too. One thing I'm doing in my reread--which I'm sure will mean I don't finish in time, but oh well--is as I'm going through the books, I'm keeping track of all the passages where clothing is described, to put together as a resource for costumers. I've heard a number of people express interest in something like that, but as far as I know, nothing quite like it exists yet.

...I think clothing is described in every chapter. Of every book...

Actually, I've come across a few chapters where it really isn't! I was surprised ;-)

(though, I'm only keeping track of actual descriptions, not every single time cloaks are mentioned)

There is a pretty in-depth article on clothing in WoT already, at the 13th Depository blog, and I'm not trying to reproduce or replace that, but rather to create a resource of all the actual descriptions from the text. So I probably won't include any drawings, as that would be my personal interpretation.

Hi all here,

I'm new, and only just started re-reading the Wheel of Time, and hope to finish before AMOL is out... I'd still like to join in with the Great Reread... Hope I'll make it!!

Welcome! I'm starting to wonder myself if I will be able to finish in time. I finished The Dragon Reborn almost two weeks ago and am nearly halfway through TSR. I am reading them more slowly than usual this time. I an trying to savor them more for the final book. :)

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late to the party, but I've decided to join your noble endeavor. I'm waiting on The Dragon Reborn to come into the library right now, but I'm a very fast reader, so anticipate being done by January.

Edited by Kurkistan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was worried I might finish to soon because I was going through them so quick. Then I hit Crossroads of Twilight and it slowed me down enough that I am now on schedule. Only 200 pages left in CoT but that should allow me to finish on time without having to slow down much more unless I rush again.

Edited by Igolbug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You guys, I'm not going to make it. Not before AMoL comes out, anyway. I WILL finish my reread before I read AMoL, but the fact is that I have 2/3rds of TGS and all of TofM to read, and it's just not going to happen.

What happened to me? I started a year ago! Well, life got in the way...and I wasn't going to prioritize this. Oh, I mean, I wanted to. It looms disproportionately large in my psyche, since it's such a huge thing, this series ending. It's a series I've been reading for 17 years. So my natural tendency was to put this first above other concerns. But then I remembered that they're just books, and it's just an Internet forum award, and I really ought to be getting on with things that mater. :)

So have fun, you finishers you. I'll see you...eventually...probably next month.

I'm probably not going to make it either, life got in the way for about a week and now I'm about to start CoS, And I won't be able to read much after Saturday (I say this on Wednesday night in Australia) while I have little on in the mean time, I have limited hope, but I will do my best anyway, I haven't yet conceded defeat, only conceded the almost certainty of it.

Just started New Spring (Halted ToM at the point where they enter the tower - saving that for the tram ride into the city to pick up my book on Tuesday)

Can't wait to read aMoL, I've taken two days off just to read it (an will be staying away from the internet to avoid spoilers until I have finished it!!)

Over 15 years of waiting for me, it's been a long ride!